Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS for a teamspeak
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS for a teamspeak

Currently the host I'm with has a ton of issues around our community's peak time and I'm looking to switch the Teamspeak server to something more reliable.

I'm looking for a decent cpu, 1GB of ram, and at least a TB of bandwidth usage.

Anyone have anything or able to provide a recommendation for a provider?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

said: has a ton of issues around our community's peak time

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/correlation :)

• DrehminiDrehmini Member
    edited February 2014

I would agree but it's very intermittent. If it happened everyday I'd say it's us, but it happens fairly randomly and often times between the hours of 7pm to 11pm EST.

Also, I've monitored the server's resource usage during these times and there's no reason why it randomly drops all connections and the solusvm control panel can't see it.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Hello @Drehmini , any specific location you require? :-)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

How many people do you have connected when it happens?

• DrehminiDrehmini Member
    edited February 2014

Hello @Drehmini , any specific location you require? :-)

US

edited February 2014

Drehmini said: randomly drops all connections and the solusvm control panel can't see it.

Any idea what kinda PPS you're pushing? Sounds like they could use some better monitoring, but TS can be particularly devastating to a node all by itself when the right variables are aligned. Just asking because it's good to make sure you don't waste time and money just to take the problem elsewhere.

• @trewq said:
    How many people do you have connected when it happens?

We have anywhere from 60 to 100 clients connected.

• If all else fails, there is DigitalOcean which works great for this sort of thing. Their 512MB Ram, 20GB SSD, and 1TB BW package is $5 a month and there are promo codes you can find. OMGSSD10 is one for $10 of credit. They have locations in US and Netherlands.
    Hope I helped a little bit :)

• @jarland said:
    Any idea what kinda PPS you're pushing? Sounds like they could use some better monitoring, but TS can be particularly devastating to a node all by itself when the right variables are aligned. Just asking because it's good to make sure you don't waste time and money just to take the problem elsewhere.

That's a good question. With 40 clients connected we're pushing about 2.5k pps.
    I've checked before but I can't remember the number exactly.

@Drehmini said:
    I've checked before but I can't remember the number exactly.

Decently low numbers, satisfies my question, doesn't sound like you're the cause. DigitalOcean would be great.

• @Zen said:
    I can host this for free if you're happy with OVH, CA.

Else my recommendations would be VPSDime, DO, Iniz, Prometeus.

Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't feel comfortable with it.

Also, thanks for the references.

Thanked by 1Zen
  • Host my TS3 on a 256mb BuyVM w/ DDoS Protected IP.

Works fine except for the times when FiberHub decides to completely shit out.

• Use OVH CA, they have got DDOS protection which is a must for teamspeak servers.

• try DigitalOcean or www.host1plus.com vps for 4$

• Our offers may be of interest to you.

• I hosted a teamspeak with Ramnode and had 137 days uptime on it before I opted to move it over to my dedicated server :-)

• @Gerrard8 said:
    I hosted a teamspeak with Ramnode and had 137 days uptime on it before I opted to move it over to my dedicated server :-)

I can vouch for ramnode. My mumble servers are hosted there, and I've hosted a TS on it with ~20 people before :)

• Thanks for the recommendations. I'll take a look at ramnode and a few others.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

We can offer you 1 GB RAM, 1 TB BW, and around 30-40 GB disk for $4.

• Dafuq 1GB ram for that low amount of users? 256MB should be enough?

• i'm using a digitalocean vps for teamspeak, handles 32 users really well :D

• @trexos said:
    Dafuq 1GB ram for that low amount of users? 256MB should be enough?

Actually you're probably right. We're growing at a pretty quick rate and we plan on soon having more than 200 users at peak. I could never find exact specifications for ram usage per user (which I suspect isn't much), but I wanted to cover that aspect just in-case.

Honestly it may be best just renting a low end dedicated instead of going the vps route.

• @Drehmini said:
    Honestly it may be best just renting a low end dedicated instead of going the vps route.

Unless the dedicated is very close in price to the VPS I don't think a dedicated will be needed.

You do; however then have the option with a dedicated to virtualise instances yourself. KVM/OpenVZ and LXC are all pretty easy to manage from the command line if you're dealing with a few domains/instances. You can then host Teamspeak, gameservers etc.

I know they get a lot of mud thrown; however OVH may be preferred due to the DDOS filtering that comes included in the price. I am sure at some point your community will be a target of DDOS.

• We can certainly assist you with your request!

Check out our special here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/20962/stablebox-com-5-94-month-kvm-vps-free-windows

Through one of our other divisions we have been providing Teamspeak servers for over a decade and know exactly what it takes to keep everything running smoothly.

• U wont need much, But VPS's can have bad internet. If I were you I'd reccomend a cloud VPS.

Thanked by 1Drehmini
  • wut?

• pbalazs123pbalazs123 Member
    edited February 2014

@MCServers4Cheap said:
    U wont need much, But VPS's can have bad internet. If I were you I'd reccomend a cloud VPS.

DAFUQ are you talkin' about?

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited February 2014

@pbalazs123 said:
    MCServers4Cheap DAFUQ are you talkin' about?

I can't stop laughing!!

• MCServers4Cheap said: U wont need much, But VPS's can have bad internet. If I were you I'd reccomend a cloud VPS.