Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serverloft.eu Review (Root Server M)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Serverloft.eu Review (Root Server M)

ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
edited January 2014 in Reviews

Hi!

I ordered a Root Server M two days ago.

I saw many bad review... many. So i a little bit scared about this experience.

My server specs: 2 dedicated core , 6 virtual core , 12GB Memory , 1TB Disk, 50TB BW,

My experience:
Support:
Top quality , they always reply within 2 hour. They are on chat , and they helped me very well.

Payment: there was an issue they get 58 euro from my credit card , but one month is 29 euro , but after i opened a ticket they solve the problem and set my money back to my credit card! So solved...

Network: Upload with 650mbit... not bad. Also the latency is great..

CPU Speed: Blazing fast... ont have to wait to install anything. cPanel and Interworx takes 3 minutes to install.

IO Speed: IO speed is not too god. around 45mb/s , but the websites are loading blazing fast so.. who know?

Backup: They offer free backups all of the data , they backup my data on other server. Automata backup after two weeks.

Admin Panel: Not bad , but could be better... you can do anything. Instant IP , instant payment , open tickets , see BW

Uptime: After you log into your serverloft account , you could see the server machine real details. 32 core and 192GB Memory... not bad. And the total uptime is 55 Days , so 100% uptime.

**For 29 EURO , run interworx panel and its blazing fast... **

Comments

• I'm glad that you got a positive experience with them, hopefully it stays that way.

You should keep us updated!

• I looked at that, it seems like a virtual machine marketed as a dedicated one?

Is that VMWare, KVM, Xen HVM or something? Perhaps run @kaniini's slab script?

• @MitchellRobert said:
    I looked at that, it seems like a virtual machine marketed as a dedicated one?

Is that VMWare, KVM, Xen HVM or something? Perhaps run kaniini's slab script?

They use Virtuozzo

• Is there a link for this?

• @wojons said:
    Is there a link for this?

Link for what? If you mean website then here it is:

http://www.serverloft.eu/rootservers/

• wojonswojons Member
    edited January 2014

Those are some big machines at some low cost

One thing i dont get is the virtual cores and dedicated cores. Are they saying ur machine sees X number of cores but they really have you on Y (X/2)

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited January 2014

@wojons said:

They are using Virtuozzo which is an advanced paid version of OpenVZ & lets you oversell beyond imagination & that is how they can offer huge resources at such low prices.

I would prefer a SYS or cheap online.net dedicated server over these serverloft root servers but that's just my opinion.

• @K2Bytes said:
    I would prefer a SYS or cheap online.net dedicated server over these serverloft root servers but that's just my opinion.

That is what i was guessing just seems like a lot of ram for not that much money same with the disk and blah blah blah. The question is is it real ram or not they are saying "guaranteed" i have databases that love to eat ram and would be happy there.

• @wojons said:
    One thing i dont get is the virtual cores and dedicated cores. Are they saying ur machine sees X number of cores but they really have you on Y (X/2)

I think they probaly mean shared & dedicated cores by that.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited January 2014

@wojons said:
    That is what i was guessing just seems like a lot of ram for not that much money same with the disk and blah blah blah. The question is is it real ram or not they are saying "guaranteed" i have databases that love to eat ram and would be happy there.

Don't you see all those providers overselling RAM 6 to 8x beyond node capacity with OpenVZ & still advertising it on their websites & offer threads as dedicated?

• @K2Bytes said:
    Don't you see all those providers overselling RAM 6 to 8x beyond node capacity with OpenVZ & still advertising it on their websites & offer threads as dedicated?

Yeah i see it all the time it just matters what part they are over selling the ram. For example if u offer a huge amount of ram and the customer is not using it u can sell it to someone else hoping they are not going to use it in the normal work load. Also i am sure they can cheat when linux puts ram in to cache. since its a shared kernel they know its cache and just invaidlade it with out telling the container. What i am getting at is if i put a program to use ram like set mysql innodb_table_cache or what eer it is which will consider it active will the it still live in ram or will they try to secirty swap out 72gb

• I always stay away from OpenVZ because almost all providers oversell it which could cause inferior performance & node crashes but if not oversold its really a good virtualization(or should I say containerization?)

• @K2Bytes said:
    I always stay away from OpenVZ because almost all providers oversell it which could cause inferior performance & node crashes but if not oversold its really a good virtualization(or should I say containerization?)

I know what u mean there is always that one program you like to use that needs some kernel model ur not able to use now.

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited January 2014

The server machine has 192GB Memory and 32 core CPUS , The performance is great for a web-server hosting. Two dedicated core so you can use of the 32 core CPUS 2 of them. I dont think oversell while they could keep the server stable and the performance is good. Its not a shit VPS i think. But its in germany. You could get a Hetzner dedicated for 40 Euro without VAT. Good value too , or VPS for 29 euro.. i think great.

Also My Interworx panel installation was 2-3 minutes. I dont think this is bad..

• UPDATED: : The server is online , and great performance, network , and so on. I got a big ddos , but they solved it within 1-2 hour. :) , The server uptime is great!