Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter VPS - First Time Customer - Provision Delayed due to winter storm - refunded - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter VPS - First Time Customer - Provision Delayed due to winter storm - refunded

Comments

• @jeromeza go get a server from Singlehop or something and pay 200 bucks a month, I am sure they will keep you updated with their build progress, probably offer you a live camera view during the server building.

You can't read, you don't listen to what others say, you are refunded and yet not happy with it...what do you expect?

Thanked by 2Mark_R alexvolk
  • I've had nothing but good to say about delimiter. Mark here has been a helpful guy and it seems like you need a server asap so he basically gave you the chance to jump to another host that will be quicker. A+ in my book.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • My PayPal for two servers worked flawlessly. If I wanted better communication I'd go with OVH, oh wait, they don't communicate either, umm, Hetzner, oh wait, um...

Constant communication means big staff which doesn't typically result in low prices. The next best deal on US based Atom servers is double Delimiter's monthly price (4x their yearly price) go to one of them if you need constant updates.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Yeah, jeromeza, I don't know why toy cry about the slow provision, knowing the storm chaos, then cry about refund. Just LOL

• JupiterJupiter Member
    edited January 2014

I guess I will get another server for myself then ... :)

• @jeromeza take your meds and chill bro

• @Jupiter - they have about 20 X5150's left unsold, just over 1 chassis.

@MarkTurner said:
    Jupiter - they have about 20 X5150's left unsold, just over 1 chassis.

whats the price for those, yearly?

• Hmm maybe I'll get his with my other order :-P.

• @netomx - there was an annual offer on WHT but can't find it right now.

• Here you go:

$16.66/month (payable annually at $200/year - $20/month, months 11 & 12 free and double bandwidth to 10TB) - Coupon X5150TWOMONTHSFREE

https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=102&carttpl=cart

@MArkTurner found it... damn, my GF will kill me if I rent one more server :(

there are not yearly prices, just quarter ones :(

• Holy cow... How many of these do you want me to get? There is a level when it's just an impulse buy...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Netomx - the coupon I gave you above is an annual one

@MarkTurner said:
    Here you go:

$16.66/month (payable annually at $200/year - $20/month, months 11 & 12 free and double bandwidth to 10TB) - Coupon X5150TWOMONTHSFREE

https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=102&carttpl=cart

whoa, I found another one... MAN PLEASE DON'T LET ME GET THIS OFFER, PLEASE! :(

• @Netomx - Hurry up they're running out :)

• curmudgeoncurmudgeon Member
    edited January 2014

Ironically enough, this post was useful: I'd also ordered a server and had raised a ticket wondering why it was taking a week... Now i feel a bit silly having done that (since closed the ticket obviously wouldn't criticize the company for getting delays in fulfillment in this scenario, though a quick banner status message on their web site could have saved some puzzlement). Then again, I usually don't follow the weather of places thousands of miles away from me.

• @curmudgeon - I am actually raising this tomorrow in my meeting with Delimiter. I am recommending they have an order tracker and it will notify customers about the status of their order and also notify them if there has been a snafu like weather problems that will affect the delivery date.

If they agree it, it wont happen overnight but it may help get an automated status on your server delivery.

@MarkTurner said:
    Netomx - Hurry up they're running out :)

Well, my CC has just cut... Please don't make me do it :(

• @Netomx - you know you want to :)

• Order tracker would be neat for sure.

@MarkTurner I'm glad I decided to pull the trigger on a 2nd one before they ran out haha, seemed I did it at the right time.

@MarkTurner said:
    Netomx - you know you want to :)

you know I do... ok I will give you one more lock, if you give me ayes, I will:

• Do you have any of them pre-installed? Bc of the snow in Atlanta, I don't want to wait too much, I'm gonna regret if I spend too much time without it hahaha

@MArkturner forgot to @ in the last one

• @MarkTurner went above and beyond for me, getting a server that had been cancelled by a client sanitized (remotely) to give to me! A++ for that!

Honestly though, I would expect that you'd have to wait until they can get someone in.

I{m waiting on his confirmation to pay :D

• @netomx - Any leftover stock has been already allocated and delivered to customers.

From what I heard about 30 minutes ago, they are expecting people back in the office in Atlanta tomorrow which means they will be catching up the backlog.

The X5150 offer ends Friday night anyway, but I think they'll be out of stock before then.

Whack in the order, you know you'll regret it if you don't :)

@MarkTurner well, there goes my chance to buy a wearable arduino :(

Order created and payed, I hope you can find someone you cancelled and set it up for me fast :)

Thx!

• @netomx - email me the order/invoice # as well as your email.

@MarkTurner said:
    netomx - email me the order/invoice # as well as your email.

do you mean, PM ?

@MarkTurner PM'ed

This discussion has been closed.