Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter VPS - First Time Customer - Provision Delayed due to winter storm - refunded
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter VPS - First Time Customer - Provision Delayed due to winter storm - refunded

jeromezajeromeza Member
edited February 2014 in Providers

Hi,

I bought a Delimter server on one of their specials and it's yet to be provisioned. They claim 1-3 days for provisioning, yet I ordered last Thursday and now its the next Thursday and no server has been provisioned. This has now entered DAY 6 without a server being provisioned. A far cry from their 1-3 day promise.

This is very much a case of false advertising and severely bad for their reputation. I'm a new client, i've never tried them before. I simply took the offer up as I saw it on lowendbox and liked it. I doubt i'll be trying them again and I'll advise others to look elsewhere. You wont see your box provisioned on time and they won't even provide updates without being asked.

Not a great experience for a first time client.

Offer I bought:

https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=102&carttpl=cart
COUPON CODE - USE IT FOR DISCOUNT: SERVERJAN2014

P BL460c Blade Server (4 cores, 16GB RAM)

• 2 x Dual Core 5150 Xeon
  • 16GB RAM
  • 500GB Disk
  • 1 IP Address
  • Hardware RAID Controller
  • Dedicated KVM (HP Lights Out) with full graphical KVM, virtual media
  • Dedicated Power control (power on/off/reset as required)
  • 5TB Bandwidth
  • OS: Centos, Ubuntu, Scientific Linux, Fedora, Debian, FreeBSD, etc
  • Unmanaged

Cheers,

Comments

• FYI. You posted the configure product url not the url to the product.

• @ChrisMiller - Their link is faulty, clear your cache or try a different browser - often it pops up with the product, often it doesn't. I've noticed that before.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited January 2014

It does that because it's the wrong link. The correct link would end with something such as

cart.php?gid=20

• @ChrisMiller edited the link, however my point still stands its bad service and enough to scare new customers off. So quick to take my money, so slow to provide my service. If I don't have a reply shortly I'm requesting a full refund and will never touch them again. This is their last chance to fix.

• Dude, chill. It's been five days for me now. It's because of the huge gridlock in Atlanta, meaning they cannot get staff in.

I'm sure they'll provide you with compensation, and I am in the same boat as you on this. Just wait it out.

• jeromezajeromeza Member
    edited January 2014

@0xdragon if thats the case then fine, BUT keep me informed. Don't make me beg for info. I'm a NEW customer and you should be trying to win me over and retain me, not force me to look elsewhere almost as soon as you've adopted my business.

Client 01/23/2014 06:00
    Hi,
    How long does provisioning take?

Thanks and Regards,

Delimiter Employee
    Staff 01/23/2014 06:02
    Dedicated servers are provisioned in 1-3 working days from order acceptance. If you ordered the server outside of business hours or during a weekend/holiday then your order will be reviewed on the next working day.

Paul

I just checked my ticket history. Actually day 5 was yesterday. This is now DAY 6 of no server being provisioned when I was given a 1-3 day ETA. This isn't on and they need to take it to heart and rectify it or they will lose customers. Everyone raves about American customer service, as a non American I've yet to experience any.

• Yup, same views about delimiter VPS. In your case they most probably assumed the low prices would compensate the delays and keeping a new customer uninformed ;)

edited January 2014

@darkshire Don't tell me to chill. If I pay for a service I expect that service, not 0 feedback. You clearly don't and are happy to accept bad service. I for one am not. My product is 3 days late - i've been patient i've given them 3 days extra. I'm not even American so expecting me to know about a localized Atlanta outage as a non American and as a new customer is just slightly ridiculous on your part.

If you take a service with me and I don't deliver, then I don't expect you to automatically know that my non delivery is due to flooding in Africa. Seriously, your comment is a joke.

Thanked by 3srvrpro k0nsl Pwner
  • @jeromeza said:
    0xdragon if thats the case then fine, BUT keep me informed. Don't make me beg for info. I'm a NEW customer and you should be trying to win me over and retain me, not force me to look elsewhere almost as soon as you've adopted my business.
    -snip-

I don't think you understand who I am. I'm just another customer... I'm not affiliated with Delimiter or any of their other brands.

• I get what he means, he should of been told it would take longer, there has to be atleast1 staff there to message pending orders surely!

• @xcubehost exactly, a little communication goes a LONG WAY. If they had told me I would be a little bit more patient, but as its 3 days late with no feedback I'm starting to get a tad annoyed at their lack of service delivery.

• They took about 4-5 to get my previous one setup, stuff takes time just relax and they will have it done. I imagine they are getting quite a few orders in for those x5150's.

• @jeromeza said:
    xcubehost exactly, a little communication goes a LONG WAY. If they had told me I would be a little bit more patient, but as its 3 days late with no feedback I'm starting to get a tad annoyed at their lack of service delivery.

As others have said, there was/is litterally a gridlock in atlanta atmand people ca'nt get into work. that includes delimter's employees. I don't think they are going to risk their lives driving to get your dedi setup. Also, they are probably getting alot of orders for this package given how cheap it is, which yeah, means they shouldn't promise such a low setup date, but still, the gridlock.

• All support is handled from London, UK so our customer facing support is unaffected. BUT in Atlanta, its a mess, the roads are closed and the city has come to a complete standstill.

If you PM me your email address I will ask Steve to process a refund for you. Given that the Mayor of Atlanta is still telling people to stay at home today, I really doubt that this will be provisioned today.

This is what is legally called Force Majeure

• I see you have PM'ed me too, so I have your email address now. I've spoke to Steve and asked him to have your order refunded, then you can order elsewhere. Ideally outside of Atlanta then you should be able to get a fast delivery.

Your server was due for provisioning on Wednesday 29th (yesterday) which would have been three business days after your order was reviewed and approved.

As Atlanta is in shutdown today as well, we are hoping tomorrow that we'll have sufficient staffing in our datacentre in Atlanta to restart up provisioning.

• @MarkTurner said:
    I see you have PM'ed me too, so I have your email address now. I've spoke to Steve and asked him to have your order refunded, then you can order elsewhere. Ideally outside of Atlanta then you should be able to get a fast delivery.

Your server was due for provisioning on Wednesday 29th (yesterday) which would have been three business days after your order was reviewed and approved.

As Atlanta is in shutdown today as well, we are hoping tomorrow that we'll have sufficient staffing in our datacentre in Atlanta to restart up provisioning.

As much as my experience with Delimiter didn't work out, it's good that you guys are putting the effort into provisioning servers as fast as you can.

edited January 2014

So in a new twist - Delimiter VPS deleted my account without warning - my login details are now invalid. They've also cancelled my order.

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AS I HADN'T EVEN SUBMITTED A CANCELLATION REQUEST YET. SARCASM. They just deemed it fit to delete my account as I had highlighted their lack of service.

Apparently you aren't allowed to criticize them or voice legitimate concerns, or you will be deleted, what a joke. I've now been waiting for a week, have 0 host and am right back where I started. Go Delmiter, you sure know how to make a new customer feel welcome.

I could handle slow delivery if you just actually voiced that fact instead of expecting me to guess at local issues I would know nothing about. I'm not American so I wouldn't know of your outage, a little transparency next time would be nice.

Hi, xyz

We've got an issue with proviousining due to zxy , our engineers are attending as soon as possible, please be patient. New ETA = blah blah.

That would have gone a long way. Instead your handling of the situation means I sit with a bigger delay and a bad taste in my mouth.

Not happy.

This email is to confirm that we have received your cancellation request for the service listed below.

Product/Service: HP BL460C Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB Dedicated Server
    Domain: xxx
    The service will be cancelled at the end of your current billing period on 04/23/2014.
    The refund has been returned via the payment method you originally paid with.

• I wouldn't want you as a customer either.

• @Ztec why? Because I expect a product to be delivered on time and in the timeframe that was promised? Is that really so unreasonable?

Do you simply let companies get away with anything, do you never complain, do you always take it on the chin? Be honest?

IF they had simply said: look we can't deliver, xyz is the situation please be patient then I would never have had to confront them about it as I would have patiently waited.

As mentioned previously I am not from or in the states so there is no way I could have known about a local weather issue.

As previously said a little communication goes a long way and Delimiter failed in theirs. If you can't provide your customers with basic communication then there's a key sign that your business is failing its customers. Simple as that. They handled this incorrectly.

• Given that your server is not likely to be online before next week, there is no point keeping you waiting for service, so I recommended to Delimiter that they cancel your order. You're on a public forum complaining about non-delivery making wild allegations about being three days late.

Your order was actually 2 hours late on Delimiter's 3 working day provisioning period when you posted this topic (assuming I calculated the time difference correctly). It was due for delivery Wednesday (GMT-5), yet you make claims of three days late.

Delimiter/Yomura in the past got itself into trouble because it didn't address gross misrepresentations properly and just went silent or didn't point out the real facts. That has changed and we'll now address these types of accusation head on. You have fabricated a story which does not reflect reality.

edited January 2014

@MarkTurner -

Paid for on 23/01/2014 @ 05:45am.

It's now 30/01/2014 @ 07:49am.

Now working days there are Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. That's 5 days. Today was DAY 6. This is a far cry from Delimiter's 3 day promise and from your statement above that you are only 2 hours out of spec.

I have the credit card history to prove when payment was made and I pasted the dates direct from your ticket system in this thread.

So please stop accusing me of making wild allegations and in turn check your dates properly so that you don't end up fabricating them.

R674.75 reserved for purchase @ Yomura - Time: 05:45 - Date: 23/01/2014.

If you want to pretend that you're in the right, by all means go ahead. The billing doesn't lie though.

So please cut the BS from your side and the claim that i'm fabricating a story. Man up and admit Delimiter couldn't deliver and that you're sorry and move on, but don't EVER accuse the customer of lying for your lack of delivery.

This I will not tolerate and I will happily provide my banking details to prove that you are lying.

• craigbcraigb Member
    edited January 2014

@jeromeza it takes them a working day or so to review the order prior to the 1-3 working day promise and no they don't proactively communicate when there are delays. So the day counts don't start when you pay, but after the 'order review'. Yes they could do a better job communicating the actual wait time and delays. I'm happy with my server though even though I had to wait a bit. It was a bit frustrating but I didn't throw my toys out of my pram about it. At this point you're probably best off just chalking it up to experience and moving on...

• @jeromeza stop crying. You called them a bad host with bad support. They gave you a refund. Move on. Why would you use a host you say have bad support?
    There are plenty of other host out there.

• Your order was paid on 23rd (05:45 EST), it was held for review whilst your bank verified the card. You paid by credit card for a country that does not support address verification.

It was released on the evening of the 24th having received confirmation from your bank that the information provided was in order.

You opened a ticket about 14 hours after ordering to ask on the status of your order and were told 1-3 business days after order acceptance. You wrote back 21 hours later to ask if your order would be delivered that day.

That was despite being told that it would be 1-3 business days after order acceptance just a few hours before. Brian responded, no sometime between Monday and Wednesday.

The fact is your server was only due for delivery on Wednesday. So my point stands you created this hullabaloo just 2 hours after your server could be considered late.

edited January 2014

Go pull the other one @MarkTurner - you've now moved the goalposts to afford yourself a 2 day lee way. Won't be touching Delimiter and i'll be advising others to do the same.

Additionally re payment: You're well aware that your PayPal payments don't work as I advised you of that as well.

So please be transparent and just apologize, that's really all that's needed.

Alternatively if you want to keep flinging muck and make Delimiter look bad, then by all means keep at it.

Additionally its THURSDAY today, that fact might have escaped you but that still places you out of spec regardless of that fact that you've now moved the goalposts. 1-3 days after payment is made is 1-3 days after payment is made, not 5 or 6 days.

All Delimiter has to do is apologize, but you're intent on flinging your weight around and accusing the customer of lying, for god knows what reason. It smacks of arrogance and it can't make you look good to the casual observer.

TIP: Don't ever accuse your customers of lying to cover your tracks, its dishonest as all hell and not a great company policy.

• @jeromeza said:
    Ztec why? Because I expect a product to be delivered on time and in the timeframe that was promised? Is that really so unreasonable?

Do you simply let companies get away with anything, do you never complain, do you always take it on the chin? Be honest?

IF they had simply said: look we can't deliver, xyz is the situation please be patient then I would never have had to confront them about it as I would have patiently waited.

As mentioned previously I am not from or in the states so there is no way I could have known about a local weather issue.

As previously said a little communication goes a long way and Delimiter failed in theirs. If you can't provide your customers with basic communication then there's a key sign that your business is failing its customers. Simple as that. They handled this incorrectly.

You are far from being mature about this. That's why.

• I have not done anything of the sort - you just don't seem to understand that 1-3 business days are.

Paypal works fine, 50%+ of Delimiter's customers pay by it. Is there anyone on this thread that pays Delimiter by Paypal - can you confirm it works?

For transparency:

23rd January 2014 - You ordered, you paid by card

23rd January 2014 - Your order was placed on hold because your country does not support address verification and given the high rate of fraud from your country, Delimiter's accountant wanted confirmation that the card was valid.

24th January 2014 - Your order was released mid afternoon (London time)

25th January 2014 - Saturday, not a business day

26th January 2014 - Sunday, not a business day

27th January 2014 - Monday, first business day - Day 1 of provisioning

28th January 2014 - Tuesday, second business day - Day 2 of provisioning

29th January 2014 - Wednesday, third business day - Day 3 of provisioning

Your server was DUE for delivery sometime on 29th January 2014. Its not a matter of contention.

At the point when you posted your topic here, the server was 2 hours late.

Now lets look at your ticket traffic -

Thursday 23rd January at 06:00 - You: How long does provisioning take?

Thursday 23rd January at 06:02 - Delimiter: Dedicated servers are provisioned in 1-3 working days from order acceptance. If you ordered the server outside of business hours or during a weekend/holiday then your order will be reviewed on the next working day.

Friday 24th January at 03:06 (21 hours after the last response): You: Will the server be provisioned today still or will I need to wait till Monday?

Friday 24th January at 07:21: Delimiter: It was ordered yesterday so assuming everything is ok on the order they'll review and release it today. So delivery will be 1-3 working days from then - sometime between Monday-Wednesday.

Irrespective of what happened in Atlanta, when you read the ticket data going backwards and forwards, its clear that you are not understanding what they are saying.

Their first response states clearly '1-3 working days from order acceptance', then 21 hours later you say will it be provisioned today still. 'Still' indicates there was some commitment to deliver it that day. Delimiter was very explicit in their statement when they gave you a timeline.

Its not about 'flinging muck', its just a matter of getting the facts on the table.

The facts are blatantly clear to me -

Yes, Delimiter was late delivering, force majeure - Atlanta is shutdown due to extreme weather. However, posting this 2 hours after it was due, was a little pointless. It would have made more sense to contact Delimiter and wait for a response first.

Yes, you misrepresented the facts and timeline. This maybe intentional or just that you didn't understand what business days were or understand when Delimiter said 'Sometime between Monday-Wednesday'

So rather than keeping you waiting, I passed a note to Delimiter to say this customer is unhappy and clearly needs their server urgently so don't keep them hanging around and give them refund.

That was the correct thing to do. That frees you to find another provider who can get you online now rather than waiting another day? two days? We just don't know right now how long Atlanta will be in shutdown. We are expecting Friday but then we expected today as well.

• @MarkTurner - This is the most transparent Delimiter has been. Honestly I can say thanks for that.

Point 1: Perhaps you should make it more clear that payment takes a hell of a long time to process, in this case 2 days which is slightly ridiculous. I've never had anything delayed this much due to a CC transaction which in most cases is instant (or seems to be).

Point 2: They say 1-3 days from order of acceptance. In the clients mind this is 1-3 days from payment, not 2 days for payment to clear then an additional 1-3 days. Perhaps clarify this to avoid any confusion in the future as it isn't clear at all - you may think its clear to you, but its definitely not clear to the customer.

Point 3: Perhaps you could communicate with your clients that there is a big ass blizzard or snowstorm and this is affecting delivery, keeping quiet doesn't help - especially if the client is an international one with no knowledge of the local weather patterns or issues. It's just going to be assumed that you aren't doing your job.

Point 4: I didn't knowingly misrepresent any facts, you simply aren't clear on the process at all - if you tell the client 1-3 days then they expect 1-3 days, not 2 days for payment to clear and then 1-3 days for provisioning. Once again make this clear from the get go, don't keep it hidden.

Point 5: You could have easily have turned this around and created some good PR by discussing it with the customer instead of cancelling their account. It would have shown a lot of goodwill on your part, in this case I feel none.

Cheers,

This discussion has been closed.