Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An apology to the LET community, a plead for forgiveness, and a start of a new beginning. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

An apology to the LET community, a plead for forgiveness, and a start of a new beginning.

Comments

• You still don't have my trust and respect buddy. Too much drama, too much words, but nothing good I can see but words and lies.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    I honestly was not lying about the number of staff and L3 techs that we had in my previous posts. We do have a total of 18 staff; some staff are semi-dedicated, some dedicated (higher management), some Indian, and some on-call duty.

Why the racist comment? ~.~

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @concerto49 said:

I apologize, I did not mean that to be racist in any way.

To clarify further, a better word than 'Indian' would be 'outsourced', although the majority of outsourced techs are indeed from India.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    To clarify further, a better word than 'Indian' would be 'outsourced', although the majority of outsourced techs are indeed from India.

You said you don't use outsourced staff......

• @GreenValueHost what does it take to answer a simple question that I've pm'd you?

• @Andy said:
    You said you don't use outsourced staff......

We hired 4 staff from India / outsourced staff a week after the release of that statement.
    Therefore 4 out our 18 staff are outsourced.

• @catalystium said:
    GreenValueHost what does it take to answer a simple question that I've pm'd you?

My PM inbox is blown up, I apologize. I've responded to your PM.

• Come one nobody wanna give mr. New when a break?

Btw, how do one pronounce your last name?

• @GreenValueHost said:
    We hired 4 staff from India / outsourced staff a week after the release of that statement.

Well played... And a little bit cheating...

• @cosmicgate said:
    Come one nobody wanna give mr. New when a break?

Btw, how do one pronounce your last name?

You pronounce it "Win" - I know that's hard to believe, but that's sort of the Vietnamese way to pronounce my last name.

• @Jack said:
    New Guy en isn't it?

No, it's pronounced "Win".

• @GreenValueHost Why TX2 is up and down all day and yesterday? Is it upstream or something else?

• @MorningIris said:
    GreenValueHost Why TX2 is up and down all day and yesterday? Is it upstream or something else?

TX2 was having issues yesterday with I/O believe, and one of our senior techs diagnosed the issue and fixed it overnight. All should be well now. If you submit a ticket we'd be more than happy to compensate you.

• @GreenValueHost

I sent you a PM.

• @GreenValueHost Sent you a PM as well

• As your average end user with little experience in this field and not much to go on aside from trying to stay informed with lots of reading and forming my own impressions over the past few days, I feel very conflicted after reading this long post. On the one hand, I think it's great that you're finally acknowledging your mistakes and vowing changes... but on the other, the skeptical side of me can't help but wonder why you made such a sudden about-face and whether or not it's actually sincere.

Just this morning, you were blatantly accusing people of lying and saying things like "I don't understand why people now have to resort to photoshopping images and spreading lies to bash us" when multiple people (myself included) saw that same Facebook post you've now admitted is real. All of that happened less than 12 hours ago-- and to me it just doesn't seem like very much time to sit back and reflect on where you went wrong. I'm cynical, so as much as I want to give you the benefit of the doubt it feels more to me like someone instructed you on what to say and how to say it (or else you might have to face further consequences or something).

I guess to sum it up, I'm taking this whole post and your new stance with a large pinch of salt. "Talk is cheap" as the idiom goes, and only time will tell us whether or not you truly stand by your words and will go about making the changes you're promising here. Until then, I do wish you the best of luck and hope you've learned a valuable lesson from all of this.

P.S. I agree with the advice someone else gave: keep a low profile for the next while, don't respond to baiting, and just focus on your work. Give things time to die down and let your services speak for themselves.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

"bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do." Colossians 3:13.

I only speak for myself, but forgiven and forgotten.

• As a GVH customer, I'm actually a little disappointed that they gave that shovewhatever kid his VPS back, just because a load of kids were crying about it on here.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@concerto49 said:

Referring to "Indian staff" is not racist. They're nothing wrong with referring to staff in India as "Indian staff" just as there's nothing wrong with saying "American staff". The term "Indian" can being either nationalist or ethnic - assuming the poster is referring to people of Indian ethnicity instead of referring to people of Indian residency is absurd.

@Andy said:
    Can somebody find out more about this guy?
    http://www.whitepages.com/name/Lance-A-Jessurun/Normal-IL/7fwpmqg

Too easy. His life story is on google by just searching his name. Seems perfectly legit but clearly has little to do with the company he owns.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • @jarland said:
    Too easy. His life story is on google by just searching his name. Seems perfectly legit but clearly has little to do with the company he owns.

He is 23 years old according to this http://ics32.tripod.com/icspicnic2005/index.album/happy-14th-birthday-lance?i=5

• @jarland said:

No, this is not true. Lance is active in doing behind the scenes work (such as overseeing finances, cash flow) that greatly benefits our company and does contribute a lot. If you're a customer or spectator, you likely don't see him much.

• @raindog308 said:

I think he meant "some are semi-educated, some are Indian", looked written as if those are two mutually-exclusive groups

• Improved, New Flavor...

Thanked by 20xdragon Riz
  • @concerto49 said:

what a joke. wp

• @peppr said:
    Improved, New Flavor...

Daaaamn

• @raindog308 said:
    Referring to "Indian staff" is not racist. They're nothing wrong with referring to staff in India as "Indian staff" just as there's nothing wrong with saying "American staff". The term "Indian" can being either nationalist or ethnic - assuming the poster is referring to people of Indian ethnicity instead of referring to people of Indian residency is absurd.

If you put in context it does. Amercian staff would be too. Is there a point in saying we have American staff AND Indian staff? Staff is staff. Is there a need to mention the country? Does it matter? When you isolate and single out staff groups by race, it is racist. In context of what's said, it clearly sounded like we have "normal staff" and "Indian staff" implying something's different about them.

Thanked by 2Maounique Wintereise
  • hellogoodbye said: I agree with the advice someone else gave: keep a low profile for the next while, don't respond to baiting, and just focus on your work. Give things time to die down and let your services speak for themselves.

+1 good advice. And think twice (or three times) before posting something online :)

edited January 2014

@concerto49 said:
    If you put in context it does. Amercian staff would be too. Is there a point in saying we have American staff AND Indian staff? Staff is staff. Is there a need to mention the country? Does it matter? When you isolate and single out staff groups by race, it is racist. In context of what's said, it clearly sounded like we have "normal staff" and "Indian staff" implying something's different about them.

Chill out bro. When someone from America says "Indian staff" we (Americans) all know what it means and pretending that you don't doesn't make you some kind of saint. Grow a pair and stop seeing racism behind everything...that's racist in itself. I swear some people like to bitch just to hear their own voice.

This discussion has been closed.