Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CentrioHost it's a dishonest company??? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CentrioHost it's a dishonest company???

2»

Comments

• @HardCloud said:
    Sent.

me too :)

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Pretty generous of you, @Hardcloud

Note: Not asking for an SSL cert.

• OkieDoke said: as per ToS we can terminate and/or change what we want when we want

Is that even legal? That's fraud afaik

• Sent to everyone, all ~20 people that PMed me / highlighted me, haha. Seems this is a lot bigger of an issue then I had previously imagined.

By the way, you guys (those who were scammed out of it) can notify SingleHOP, and the provider in question will have their SSL permissions revoked, as that is a clear breach of the Terms of Use for the service, as well as the Terms of Use for Tandem and the main account itself.

• VPNVPN Member
    edited January 2014

@duckeeyuck said:
    Is that even legal? That's fraud afaik

I completely agree but contesting that very point is what got my CentrioHost account deleted and thinking about it, probably what got my SSL certificate revoked.

I have the emails still from the tickets, here is a snippet.

Each numbered point is their response and the coded text is what that numbered point is responding to.

Greetings!

Thanks for your queries regarding your SSL certificate reissue and I have just reviewed this ticket. Still you arguing a lot with some legal steps you want to take. So we are now canceling your billing account and certificate as fraud distribution, from now you are no longer able to purchase any service from here.

1. You threatened our business? Please proceed. According to TOS your service has been canceled as you try to pose some kind of threat with our service - If you cannot then I would have to take this up with the Federal Trade Commission as you are refusing me the service I DID agree to.

2. As per TOS We reserve the right to refuse, cancel, or suspend service at our sole discretion - don't try and terminate my services - we both know that is something you're not allowed to.

3. You accept the offer which described there and you mentioned it as irrelevant - What it says on LET is irrelevant as it is not your ordering system and shows no specific terms of service.

4. You have used the coupon code which is applicable for "LOWENDTALK" members and coupon code is "LET2SSL" and you say you don't agree the conditions which described on there even place the order without agreeing the information for the promo code - reading that there is nothing to say I agree to those conditions.

Ewan N. | Service Consultant
    Abuse and Security Department

• wiffelwiffel Member
    edited January 2014

Not that it will matter - and I guess you already now - but their TOS does not

... reserve the right to refuse, cancel, or suspend service at our sole discretion. ...

It states ...

... Depending on the severity of the violation, CENTRIOHOST may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend, or terminate a customer’s web hosting account and/or pursue other civil remedies. ...

... in the context of an alleged violation of its AUP. That clearly doesn't have anything to do with certificates.

Or ...

... We reserve the right to refuse, cancel, or suspend service at our sole discretion. An example of refusal of service is if an account continues to abuse our policies after warnings. Refusal, cancellation or suspension of services especially holds true to issues with spam or any script abuse.

... which also does not read as if it has anything to do with certificates.