Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Working on a control panel.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Working on a control panel.

Currently developing a lightweight control panel, works with Mac OS X (+ Server) & Linux. Has support for monitoring load, uptime, CPU & Memory intensive processes.

It also currently has a process list implemented with sorting by CPU usage and Memory usage and also checking whether a process is active.

Still heavily under development but hoping to have web server config editing (with full support for Lighty, nginx and Apache (all with rewrite support + modules installation)).

Any feedback?

Comments

  • perennateperennate Member, Provider
    edited January 2014

    What's the difference with this and, say, htop (and emacs/vi for config editing)?

  • @perennate said:
    What's the difference with this and, say, htop (and emacs/vi for config editing)?

    It was meant to offer an easier way for editing config and quickly seeing stats (as in user friendly config editor, more like that of cPanel).

  • perennateperennate Member, Provider

    definedcode said: It was meant to offer an easier way for editing config and quickly seeing stats (as in user friendly config editor, more like that of cPanel).

    K. I always liked bootstrap so.. style is nice :P

    Thanked by 1definedcode
  • @perennate said:
    K. I always liked bootstrap so.. style is nice :P

    Thanks!

  • Well, it looks good. If you want someone to test it, I can test it for Mac.

    Thanked by 1definedcode
  • @Liam said:
    Looks good Will. If you need any help with anything, let me know. Regardless, looking forward to see how this one progresses.

    Thanks Liam!

    @dhamaniasad said:
    Well, it looks good. If you want someone to test it, I can test it for Mac.

    Probably will need beta testers at some point, however I'll get more features coded first.

  • keep up the good work looks good! hopefully it will function properly too.

    Thanked by 1definedcode
  • @Mark_R said:
    keep up the good work looks good! hopefully it will function properly too.

    Thanks!

  • Theme looks good. I hope same thing for functions :)

    Thanked by 1definedcode
  • definedcodedefinedcode Member
    edited January 2014

    Right, just finished off the class for parsing nginx config files. Hopefully I will have support for editing the files (split into different sections with the ability to insert pre-made snippets (e.g wordpress pretty permalinks support)) and also generating new config files by tomorrow.

  • jarjar Provider
    edited January 2014

    Good work. There is plenty of room for these kind of things. Simple yet very helpful for a lot of people. These kind of products give vps providers something to suggest to their clients to make good use of services they may not fully know how to use, and that fuels renewals. Everyone wins with stuff like this around.

    Thanked by 1definedcode
  • You are not a prodiver (yet)- are you? Where would this be used? What are your plans for this? Any chance that you would be releasing its source?

    Lastly, why another control panel?

  • Looking forward for the release :)

    Thanked by 1definedcode
  • crossingcrossing Member, Provider

    Nice software, just wait to see it in action !

    Thanked by 1definedcode
  • @vampireJ said:
    Lastly, why another control panel?

    Building and using your own control panel is awesome. It empowers you to do exactly what you want and how you want without limitations. What he's doing looks simple and elegant enough, so it's not a waste of time re-inventing the wheel so to speak.

    It's also a great way to learn.

  • @vampireJ said:
    You are not a prodiver (yet)- are you? Where would this be used? What are your plans for this? Any chance that you would be releasing its source?

    Lastly, why another control panel?

    I do some colocation and sell a few VPSs so I'm mainly going to use it there. However it will be released.

    @seikan said:
    Looking forward for the release :)

    Thanks!

    @crossing said:
    Nice software, just wait to see it in action !

    Thanks :)

    @HostGuardCP said:
    It's also a great way to learn.

    Exactly.

  • It looking create keep it up. I been working on a monitoring stack and i know how difficult it can be at times if u wanna share notes let me know

    Thanked by 1definedcode
  • @wojons said:
    It looking create keep it up. I been working on a monitoring stack and i know how difficult it can be at times if u wanna share notes let me know

    Thanks but I've pretty much get monitoring down.

  • @definedcode said:

    thats cool let me know when ur done it looks like it will be great

Sign In or Register to comment.