Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a solution for saving and sharing secure data (login info, server info etc)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a solution for saving and sharing secure data (login info, server info etc)

This is for commercial use,

Company i work with require some sort of software solution that stores sensitive information and have the ability to share it between other internal staff.

Main things are internal secure information, server information, login details, etc.

Obviously the system needs to be quite secure and have a good authentication system (some multi level authentication maybe? option of ip locking?).

Also would be good to have some data hierarchy, so you can easily narrow down the piece of data you are looking for, eg: logins -> web -> fonts: to give all the login details that we have for web font buying accounts, or login -> server -> production: for all the server logins, admin info, websites hosted on that server, ip addresses etc..

Suggestions?

Comments

• Truecrypt :P

• black said: Truecrypt

Hmm, sort of looking for maybe a web/cloud based solution. Maybe some integration to a wiki style pages inside for internal instructions/documentations etc.

• ownCloud has a plugin included (off by default) to auto encrypt all files that get uploaded, it will decrypt when you download / open the file.

but i think you need something better than that, i never confirmed how secure ownCloud is so i cannot vouch for that part.

www.owncloud.org

maybe someone else knows a better solution.

• Yeah i use own cloud, not for this reason, but i use it to access my (personal) server backups etc...

Seems like a good solution, but would be good to have a better one.

https://keepersecurity.com/ seems to be good, but only issue i have with it is that it doesnt do that nested structure, which will lead it to be a huge mess (imagine 100's or 1000's of entries, client data, passwords etc, its gonna be unusable or rather unpractical over time, though still a decent solution in the meantime).

Ideally im looking for a cross between keeper and a secure wiki. Keeper auto fills in passwords etc which is handy, and a wiki will help write sort of notes and instructions. Also some tags/structure to navigate easier.

• user123user123 Member
    edited January 2014

@decay Why not just use a wiki that you host internally on a secured and encrypted box and serve the pages securely (i.e. over SSL)? If you want to take it a step further, you could use any of a number of browser-based encryption apps/addons (i.e. JavaScrypt).

• I use Gmail Drafts to share information securely with others. Each draft can be labeled and files can be attached. Further security is accomplished by setting up two-step authentication for this shared Google account, and each user scans the generated QR code with his/her Google Authenticator.

It may be too simple for you though. Another alternative is KeePass database stored on a network drive. Users can read or edit the DB and their changes will get synchronized.

http://keepass.info/help/base/multiuser.html

• I second KeePass. It is great. It has the hierarchical structure for sorting. You can also do two factor authentication using a key file and a password. The database can be stored on a shared drive for easy access and it is encrypted for security. It also has web browser plugins and mobile apps if you need the added access besides the desktop app.

• +1 Evernote.com

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

hwdsl2 said: I use Gmail Drafts to share information securely with others.

That's hardly secure.

• For corporate usage, alfresco.

For less than such priorities, google docs / evernote; or even encrypted emails do the job.

• Lastpass with yubikeys

• @joepie91 said:
    That's hardly secure.

Why not secure? Would love to hear the reason. I think Gmail enforces https and those drafts never go through any email server.

• what comes to mind, is (not opensource) http://www.symantec.com/encryption
    it offers everything you need, secure mail, secure filesharing, encrypted terminals/servers/desktops etc.., sign documents. (so if something leaks you know where it came from)

dont know about price, but if its for a company who needs to properly secure things..

it offers two factor, key generator etc...

not sure if your safe from any goverment agency, most likely not. But from competitors sure.

Dont know if there certified for healthcare. But then again dont know for what your using it for

• We use a different system completely. We keep hostnames in a txt document in drop box. We then use a salt, and the hostname to create a hash. The hash serves as the password.