Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DelimiterVPS Dedi - First look [Decent - Depending on where you are]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DelimiterVPS Dedi - First look [Decent - Depending on where you are]

edited January 2014 in Reviews

Their servers seem to handle reasonably well, however, some of their routing is not stellar: From their DC it jumps onto cogent and then onto comcast, causing a very large jump in ping. However, they offered to refund me for it, so I still think they are good host if you are in a situation where ping is not optimal to everyone.

Comments

• How's the server performance?

• @Void_Whisperer - 80ms from where? What is your location and who is your ISP?

• I think it just doesn't make any sense to post it here, rather it should have been discussed in Delimiter Support desk.

It's hardly an issue after all! It's not like that they ran away with your money!

• @ironhide I'd agree but as he's raised it here - lets have it out here. Personally I'd say if you are that dissatisfied then just file a cancellation and ask for a refund.

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • I also don't like cogent...

perhaps @MarkTurner can help adjust it to use ABOVE to my local subnets, if have possible :(

• @hotsnow - I tweaked a few of those routes for you already. We're waiting to complete the cross-connect from East<>West coast then we'll drop you traffic right out of our HK POP.

• @MarkTurner said:
    ironhide I'd agree but as he's raised it here - lets have it out here. Personally I'd say if you are that dissatisfied then just file a cancellation and ask for a refund.

Is the bandwidth all Cogent?

http://bgp.he.net/AS7363

• @MarkTurner said:
    hotsnow - I tweaked a few of those routes for you already.

it seems no any change, from the 4 subnets which I've given you to Atlanta, all are still go ALTER->Cogent :)

• @mcmyhost - No we have Abovenet, Cogent and nLayer at that location. The routing policy on our side there is a little fluid right now because we're reworking quite a large part of our US network. Currently each site is an island, it has its own routing policy and own transit; we're trying to unify it all into one larger network.

• @hotsnow - will check for you in the morning. I had them routing out over Telia a couple of days ago. Will PM you.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • I am also a Comcast user (north eastern US) and I was also getting abnormally high ping to my server when I received it. When I initially tested it was averaging 80-90ms. My normal ping to Atlanta based server is generally 35-40ms. Testing today the latency has dropped back down to 40-50ms.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2014

Cogent has been pretty stable for me lately. It's nlayer I have a beef with lately. They call it packet prioritization, I call it overloaded routers and packet loss. I never want to hear "75% packet loss on mtr is ok."

• I am seeing the same thing with Charter even though I live 12 miles away from 55 Marietta.

• @Xenos - Charter we should have sorted in the coming weeks as we're turning up peering with them.

@bgeorge - This will improve once we complete the connection from South East to North East. We are vacuuming up a lot of routes in New York but Atlanta doesn't see the benefit of these routes because of the current 'island' design

Thanked by 1Xenos
  • @spirit great another 1 hour "review"...

• @MarkTurner said:
    hotsnow - will check for you in the morning. I had them routing out over Telia a couple of days ago. Will PM you.

any progress? thank you :)