Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

18 month review of Prometeus.com - 6 star service.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

18 month review of Prometeus.com - 6 star service.

The 15.January was the 558 day with Prometeus.com. And it has been great. In fact, it could not be any better. My four VPS servers has almost been up since I got them. ** Three of my VPS servers has been up for over 250 days.

** There has been some kernel updates, and a couple of the nodes has been taken down, but all servers has around 99.8% uptime in 2013.

I have two monitoring services that monitors all my VPS servers every 60 seconds, and there has been no downtime at all on the network.

When I wrote my 150 days review I had three servers with Prometeus.com, but now I have four. All has 6 months payments on them, and I do not worry at all.

I have had some unusual request to Mr. Salvatore about payments options, renewing etc, and I always get a fast reply, and they always gives me a good answerer and solutions. I’m sure that I’m one of the first asking to pay for two servers almost two months ahead of the expiration date.

Prometeus is one of the best hosting provider I have ever used. No little problems with four VPS servers is unbelievable. Their hardware is top notch. :D

Prometeus.com is not on my Top20 Benchmark list, but thats not a problem. In my book good servers has very good uptime, just works, and do not require any attention from my side. And it’s always good to know that you get a good and pretty fast reply if you contact support. Still, I know they are unmanaged, so I understand if I don’t get a reply after 10 minutes.

Nothing else to say about Prometeus.com, they are a 6 star host in my book.

Read about me moving from Prometeus.com to iwStack.com, my future is in the cloud.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho

Comments

• serverianserverian Member
    edited January 2014

I don't think there is a possibility not to get satisfied with the service Salvatore and Mao provides. It's just impossible not to get amazed by these people.

Thanked by 2nocom tux
  • True, I have not had any better host in my 15 years in the hosting business. Of course, I use KnownHost (see my 18 months review here) and they have a really great product. Their support is super fast (3 minute last time), but it's fully managed, so you expect a really good product.
    With Prometeus you get lots more then you expect, always. For a LET/LEB price.

• budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited January 2014

Uncle Sal is like luckiest person i can say. Shit happen to everyone but not to him. It's good though. :p

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • mee too.. yesterday when i was on VPS the uptime was 240 days .. thanks to prometeus for the great service

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Same here. I am still so incredibly glad that I have chosen to click the "Order now" button on their website many moons ago. My favourite provider, no doubt at all!

Thanked by 2myhken tux
  • c0yc0y Member

6 out of... 6 I guess then?

• Like the hotels...6 star is the best, but maybe Prometeus will be a 7 star host in my book sometime, like the Burj Al Arab hotel. :D

• Even their OverZold (budget brand) service is the best ever :) (iperweb.com) Can't love it more, service is great and they're there fore you!

Thanked by 1myhken