Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone in asia have trouble with Tinet to QuadraNet LA?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone in asia have trouble with Tinet to QuadraNet LA?

hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
edited January 2014 in General

the route to one of my vps has been changed to Tinet since the provider have moved cabinet and changed ip on last month, although it's still in QuadraNet LA, but the route got very bad :(

the damn tinet, from asia to US have high latency, even to US West, most time the ping is > 300ms, with packets lost frequently, and been a long time without any improvement :(

according http://bgp.he.net/AS29761, the first three main peer of QuadraNet LA is Nlayer, BBOI and PCCW, before the move, the old route is BBOI, it's nice, I'm really miss it...

Comments

• That bgp.he.net graph isn't accurate. The ASN applies to ALL locations, not just LA. It doesn't tell you specifically in LA how it works.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Is this on Quadranets normal network or their Asia Optimized network ?

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2014

@SpeedBus said:
    Is this on Quadranets normal network or their Asia Optimized network ?

QuadraNet normal network

and my vps provider told me it seems QuadraNet want more money to adjust the routes? :(

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2014

@concerto49 said:
    That bgp.he.net graph isn't accurate. The ASN applies to ALL locations, not just LA. It doesn't tell you specifically in LA how it works.

perhaps, but the old route by BBOI to asia is nice, but my vps provider told me it seems QuadraNet want more money to adjust the routes? :(

• hotsnow said: perhaps, but the old route by BBOI to asia is nice, but my vps provider told me it seems QuadraNet want more money to adjust the routes? :(

I wouldn't say BBOI is that good. It looks more like Tinet is having a dispute with a provider, most likely the one in China? It's been a while since.

QuadraNet shouldn't charge money to adjust routes - it's their job if there are major problems.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2014

@concerto49 said:

It looks more like Tinet is having a dispute with a provider, most likely the one in China? It's been a while since.

QuadraNet shouldn't charge money to adjust routes - it's their job if there are major problems.

yep, Tinet is already keeping have troubles with China Unicom and China Telecom for a long period :(

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

concerto49 said: I wouldn't say BBOI is that good.

BBOI has been great for us in Atlanta.

• concerto49 said: I wouldn't say BBOI is that good. It looks more like Tinet is having a dispute with a provider, most likely the one in China? It's been a while since.

Currently there are not many Tinet/Intelliquent has NO feud with...

• it's finally changed back to BBOI today, thanks everyone :)