Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1TB Backup Storage from mail.ru (anyone used?)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1TB Backup Storage from mail.ru (anyone used?)

deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
edited January 2014 in General

Hello,

I found that mail.ru is offering 1TB of cloud file storage. Have anyone used this before?

The URL is: https://cloud.mail.ru/promo/
It looks like you need to download and install their application on your Windows/Linux or mobile device.

Thanks.

Comments

• where's their server located?

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2014

I believe is in Russia.

They also operate their own ASN: http://bgp.he.net/AS47764

• Not using/registered till now! But maybe...

• Tried it just now. Signed up for mail, downloaded the Android app (which thankfully has English translation built in), and received my 1 TB free.

The app is pretty nice, compared to Dropbox. Has generation of public links etc.

• If some of these companies had a linux uploader like Copy, life would be great and I could store backups forever :)

• I love their website. :D

• Do they have an API?

• AFAIK, they also provide webdav access https://webdav.cloud.mail.ru

• you can also get 1tb from yun.baidu.com or 36tb at yunpan.cn

• Tammy said: 36tb at yunpan.cn

Those are probably "Chinese TB", which equals some MB in real life.

• Tried registering, but it says "Выберите город из списка" or "Select a city from the list".

There is no list of cities!

• imlonghaoimlonghao Member
    edited January 2014

@Tammy said:
    you can also get 1tb from yun.baidu.com or 36tb at yunpan.cn

I have 3TB in yun.baidu.com,I try to backup my data to it via API but I found that it is too slow to do that,just 150+kb/s......

• tuxtux Member

@NateN34 said:
    Tried registering, but it says "Выберите город из списка" or "Select a city from the list".

There is no list of cities!

If you live outside Russian Federation, you don't need fill this field.

Thanked by 1NateN34
  • @tommy said:
    where's their server located?

In Netherlands. Don't know why not in Russia.

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited January 2014

@dazedandconfused what did you entered as username? I tried [email protected] and just name but I always get 403 forbidden. Using davfs.

• I'.m using their service and I think it's pretty good. The Up- and Downloads are okay and the interface is also nice

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited January 2014

Yandex Disk has an API but not 1TB storage. Been using it for couple of months, it's good. It has an English interface too.

• MuZo said: @dazedandconfused what did you entered as username? I tried [email protected] and just name but I always get 403 forbidden. Using davfs.

I've never used access via webdav, tbh, so unfortunately I can't help you with that issue.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2014

@MuZo said:
    dazedandconfused what did you entered as username? I tried [email protected] and just name but I always get 403 forbidden. Using davfs.

Please report if you figure out how to log in. I may be interested then too. It's nothing easier than quick pushing some files from vps to cloud storage via webdav (if there would be just command-line client like Cadaver capable to push folders, but that's the different story...).

• edited January 2014

Spirit said: Please report if you figure out how to log in. I may be interested then too. It's nothing easier than quick pushing some files from vps to cloud storage via webdav (if there would be just text based client like Cadaver capable to push folders, but that's the different story...).

Yandex.Disc have both these features:
    Text-based client for linux
    WebDAV access

P.S. Asked Mail.ru via Twitter about WebDAV access, will post here if I get any reply.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @dazedandconfused said:
    P.S. Asked Mail.ru via Twitter about WebDAV access, will post here if I get any reply.

AFAIK WebDav in the stage of development here at this moment.

• Inglar said: AFAIK WebDav in the stage of development here at this moment.

It seems that webDAV was working for some time ( e.g. ), but then it was disabled.

• TammyTammy Member
    edited January 2014

@rds100 said:

mail.ru is the same,i often backcup my wordpress blog to yun.baidu.com via wp2pcs

• TammyTammy Member
    edited January 2014

@imlonghao said:
    I have 3TB in yun.baidu.com,I try to backup my data to it via API but I found that it is too slow to do that,just 150+kb/s......

i know,all your vps are in usa!

• @skybucks100 said:
    If some of these companies had a linux uploader like Copy, life would be great and I could store backups forever :)

[email protected], in fact, have linux client - https://desktopcloud.cdnmail.ru/linux/{amd64,i386}/cloud

• MuZoMuZo Member
    edited January 2014

I didn't managed to login, @dazedandconfused the linux client need a GUI, there is no command line version

• TammyTammy Member
    edited January 2014

@MuZo said:
    I didn't managed to login, dazedandconfused the linux client need a GUI, there is no command line version

You could uploud to yun.baidu.com via http://www.oott123.com/bpcs_uploader/
    this is command line version

• Awesome! And I may even learn some Russian on the way ;-)

• anyone have succeeded login with webdav?

• dragz said: anyone have succeeded login with webdav?

Fast googling shows that they disabled it, dunno why :(.