Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Custom Hosting | KVM | Canada | 128MB = 14/yr | 512MB = 18/yr | 2GB = 7/mth | 4GB = 21/qtr | IPv6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Custom Hosting | KVM | Canada | 128MB = 14/yr | 512MB = 18/yr | 2GB = 7/mth | 4GB = 21/qtr | IPv6

MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
edited January 2014 in Offers

About My Custom Hosting

My Custom Hosting was registered back in 2009 and has been providing hosting to customers for almost 8 years. We aim to offer your the most features at the lowest price possible. With multiple offsite backup locations, CloudFlare, Softaculous and Nginx+Varnish, and now OpenVZ and KVM VPS, we feel we are almost there but if you have any suggestions to a feature we should add to our lineup please let us know!

Standard Features

Nightly Offsite Backups

SolusVM Powered

Native IPv6

Powerful Intel E5 CPU's

SSD-Caching

Recent Changes

With the help of a few members here I have made changes to all of the KVM templates provided. They will now autoconfigure the network connection of your Canadian KVM VPS. Provision and go! There are a few templates I am still working to get all the bugs out of, namely CentOS 6.5 x86_64 and will also be templating desktop versions of the various Linux versions offered. I expect CentOS 6.5 x86_64 template to be resolved by the end of the day and the desktop templates be completed within 2-3 days.

Exclusive LET KVM Canada Offers

Plan Name: LET-JAN-128MB-10GB-YEARLY

Virtualization Platform: KVM

Guaranteed RAM: 128 MB

Swap: 128 MB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 10 GB

Premium Transfer: 100 GB

IP Space: 1 IPv4 + 5 IPv6

CPU Cores: 1

Yearly Cost: $14

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=74

Plan Name: LET-JAN-512MB-20GB-YEARLY

Guaranteed RAM: 512 MB

Swap: 512 MB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 20 GB

Premium Transfer: 200 GB

CPU Cores: 2

Yearly Cost: $18

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=75

Plan Name: LET-JAN-2GB-50GB-MONTHLY

Guaranteed RAM: 2 GB

Swap: 2 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 50 GB

Premium Transfer: 500 GB

CPU Cores: 3

Monthly Cost: $7

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=76

Plan Name: LET-JAN-4GB-50GB-QUARTERLY

Guaranteed RAM: 4 GB

Swap: 4 GB

SSD Cached Disk Space: 50 GB

Premium Transfer: 500 GB

CPU Cores: 4

Quarterly Cost: $21

Order Link: https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=77

Reviews

Review #1

Payment Types Accepted

Paypal & Bitcoin

KVM Plans

Available Here

Locations

The KVM VPS in this offer are hosted in Montreal, Canada at the BHS-OVH facility.

Speed Test / Traceroute / Looking Glass

Montreal KVM Looking Glass

Contact

E-Mail / Ticket

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n

Comments

• RAID?

What does "premium" bandwidth mean at OVH BHS?

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited January 2014

@craigb said:
    RAID?

I use RAID 1 for Node OS and RAID 0 with an SSD cache of 2 SSD in RAID 1 for VPS data. RAID is not backup, I have nightly offsite backups for this reason.

With OVH you are really limited to your configurations. Work with what I have. This has worked well. We have not had a disk failure at this time, but have tested the backup system a few times and have been able to restore 100% of our test cases. Test cases being customers who have ticketed for a restore.

What does "premium" bandwidth mean at OVH BHS?

Premium is just marketing. The BW at OVH is pretty good throughout though. I am happy with it.

Thanked by 2craigb agonyzt
  • I got one of the 4gb plans around black friday and it's been awesome!

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Is there any reason why these plans have less bandwidth than your previous offer?

• @Ruriko said:
    Is there any reason why these plans have less bandwidth than your previous offer?

Trying to keep things proportional to disk space. I'm pretty lenient with bandwidth. If you know your going to use your allotment one month, just let me know. I've doubled customers in the past for the reason. This does not mean use all bandwidth in 1 day and continue using bandwidth. I will suspend for that. If the usage is legit, ticket and we will discuss.

I also do not suspend VPS on bandwidth overages, understand this would depend on abusive behaviour also. At most, for non abusive users, I have limited to 100mbit or 10mbit until end of billing cycle. Like I said other, who ticketed usually get an extra good bit of bandwidth to cover any overages.

• @MCHPhil - Glad to see you back.

I recommend this provider, I have 2 KVMs in Montreal with them and am very happy.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @FrankZ said:
    MCHPhil - Glad to see you back.

I recommend this provider, I have 2 KVMs in Montreal with them and am very happy.

Thank you!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I can recommend this provider, for this price in Canada just awesome (2 Boxes) :D

I also added the deals into my list.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited January 2014

The following VPS statistics are from a very nice customer who informed us of them.

UnixBench score: 2404.7

fio IOPS: random read: 22128

fio IOPS: random write: 13372

sequential data write: 238 Mb/sec

From my knowledge he performed these benchmarks about a week ago.

• MCHPhil said: RAID 0 with an SSD cache of 2 SSD in RAID 1 for VPS data

So VPS user data is in RAID 0?

The Montreal looking glass URL doesn't respond.

• Very good provider, really the only provider I fully trust (transparency). So far 100% uptime - only going for 30 days due to my own software issues.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Any OpenVZ specials?

• I also recommend this provider if you need both stability and performance. The network is very solid and the node I'm on is exceptionally stable. One of the most reliable VPS I had in a very long time. It's up there with RamNode in terms of quality but at a fraction of the price. Support is very fast on tickets, just keep in mind it's an unmanaged service.

For the sake of transparency: I did have some issues with my VPS in the beginning but it was caused by my non-standard setup (tried to setup a macvlan bridge for my Docker containers using pipework). If you follow the network configuration article from their knowledge base (or use the new templates), it works flawlessly.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • Just me or is the looking glass down?

• @sleddog said:

That is correct, RAID != backups. I use RAID to increase performance. Node OS is RAID 1 because node performance is not required. RAID 0 for VPS data with RAID 1 SSD cache. With proper backups etc, should not be an issue. I do encourage customers to still keep a backup of their data because in the end it really is all on you. Never trust a provider to provide backups.

@sleddog and @rob92

Looking glass issue is resolved also :)

@Casius please PM me your requirements and I can definitely get you set with something OpenVZ. OpenVZ would be in North Carolina with Dacentec, in case you are not aware.

• @FrankZ said:
    MCHPhil - Glad to see you back.

This, I've got 2 KVM's with MCH, very satisfied with my services.

I understand that they've added a bash script to configure your networking to their most common templates. Although this doesn't help those of us who prefer ISO installs it's trivial to follow the KB article to get networking setup.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • What is you uptime 99.99% or 100% ?
    Thanks

• @aaxaa said:
    What is you uptime 99.99% or 100% ?
    Thanks

If you are talking about SLA agreement, we do not offer one. As far as actual uptime statistics for each part of my infrastructure you can see that at http://www.mycustomhosting.net/network-status.php

• nunimnunim Member
    edited January 2014

@aaxaa said:
    What is you uptime 99.99% or 100% ?
    Thanks

Pretty good, really the only downtime I've noticed is when I reboot the VPS.

Last Month's Graph

I wish the latency from SEA/YVR was better but I blame the lousy trans-Canada routing.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • ZeroCoolZeroCool Member
    edited January 2014

No comment..my issue has been fixed now..

• @MCHPhil im getting 1.2% packetloss after 182.184.23.98

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited January 2014

@Asim said:
    MCHPhil im getting 1.2% packetloss after 182.184.23.98

I would expect it to clear up. I have no control over things around that IP I imagine. I imagine only because it appears to be a .PK IP. Has it just started recently? Or?

• @MCHPhil got one 512MB yearly for myself, irresistible

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @MCHPhil packetloss 88% at 198.27.73.204

• @asim I will need you to put in a ticket if your are having an issue. This is a forum and not my help desk.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited January 2014

@Asim said:
    MCHPhil packetloss 88% at 198.27.73.204

I'd assume this has corrected itself? There has been no ticket concerning any related network issues :/

On topic, there are still some of these plans available! Get one while they last!