Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Europe VPS with at least 8TB BW and 40GB HDD space under $7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Europe VPS with at least 8TB BW and 40GB HDD space under $7

I need to host Android ROM's and related files (all legal). Currently using Fliphost storage plan to deliver around 350GB data a day and while it works like a charm I'm thinking about hosting a mirror in Europe because most of the visitors are from there.

RAM doesnt matter I just need quality bandwidth for Italy,Germany,Netherlands. Bandwidth requirement is about 8TB<, 100mbps unlimited is preferred. About 40GB disk is enough. Either of OpenVZ,XEN or KVM is fine

I have looked at contabo (netherlands, high setup cost), server4you (need to prepay for 6months to get less price) and keyweb.de

Do you guys have any recommendations? Netherlands,Italy,Germany or france is preferred.

Thanks

Comments

• What is your budget?

• @INIZ said:
    What is your budget?

Under $7 as in title.

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited January 2014

@budi1413 said:

Ah my bad, leaves quietly :$

@Ruchirablog If you're able to double your budget, we can work something out.

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • Contabo is located in Munich, Germany

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • Given that the average person installing alternate roms is more technical & more geeky than average, were I selling VPSs, I'd cut a deal for a cheap site in exchange for an ad banner on the pages.

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • RuchirablogRuchirablog Member
    edited January 2014

this looks interesting. However I wasn't able to find any information about their datacenters. Do you personally use them? If so please describe the details

• You can check @colorhost they are very good

http://colorhost.de/en/server/vserver/openvz-small/paket-m/

Contact them first

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • @Ruchirablog

It looks like they use Redstation. However I have no personal experience with them. Perhaps give them a try? It's only $5.

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • Ruchirablog said: this looks interesting. However I wasn't able to find any information about their datacenters. Do you personally use them? If so please describe the details

In the UK, ForthCloud are at Redstation in Hampshire: http://www.redstation.com/

As always, read the ToS...they have a fair use policy re: unmetered bandwidth

Bandwidth and disk storage are unlimited as long as:

they used as an integral part of your website,
    you are not intentionally abusing the service by using excessive bandwidth or disk storage,
    you are not violating our terms and conditions, and
    you are not impeding our capability to provide other service to other customers.
    In other words, if you are adding content (images, files, text etc) to your site and using the service in the way it is intended to be used, then we will not limit the amount of bandwidth and disk storage your site is consuming.

Our intention is that, as long as both parties are being fair, you should not have to worry about bandwidth or disk storage limits. We'll take care of these sorts of issues so you can concentrate on growing your site.

If, however, you are attempting to take advantage of the service by distributing large files or streaming excessive video or hosting music or something similar, then we will request that you cease doing so.

Thanked by 1Ruchirablog
  • taronyutaronyu Member
    edited January 2014
  • @taronyu said:

Ok got it :D

• @taronyu said:

Most of the German hosts including Hetzner & Contabo do that as well.

• @Sledger said:

That is true, I was just trying to say that 5TB isn't enough. :)

• MelonMelon Member
    edited January 2014

How about Cloudlix.com's VPS plans? Slightly above budget (unless you pre-pay), but:

• European location (Lithuania) -- bonus points for being an obscure location.
    • OpenVZ.
    • 3 GHz (1 core of an E3).
    • 1.5 GB RAM.
    • 256 MB swap (VSwap?).
    • 50 GB SSD storage.
    • Unmetered 100 Mbit connection.

A friend uses one of their services for P2P a lot and he says he's never had issues with bandwidth being limited or anything. Note that they claim if you saturate your connection 20% of the time, they 'reserve the right to set limits the account until the start of the next allocation or until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee'. Perhaps contact them first to discuss this sort of thing?

Plus, they're a valid, established company!

• @Melon

when I asked how much traffic they allow back in june 2013:

With 3Ghz plan it`s ok if you use 5- 6tb month, but of course we are not alowing torrents.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

I want a Ferrari for 100 EUR. Anybody?

• @jmginer said:

In North America, Fliphost does this for $18/yr. I dont think this request is unresonable

• @jmginer said:

Keep your trap shut if you don't have anything to say. I hate sarcastic people like you who pop up in threads where others are requesting prices. If the prices are unreasonable, just say it, there's no need for posts like yours.

Thanked by 1darkshire
  • jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Thanks, that is just what I'm looking for :)

@coolnow said:

Sorry, you've reason...

I think I'm not wrong if I say that Cogent is the most LowEnd transit provider (maybe I'm wrong),
    it provides 1Gbps unmetered uplink (333 TB/month) for 800 USD, so, 2.40 USD/TB/month.

So, 8 TB/month is 20 USD/month. And I'm not including all the extra costs to put UP a hosting service (racks, energy, servers), and the benefit for the company...

• jmginer said: and the benefit for the company

There is no benefit for the providers on lowendtalk.The only benefit exists for customers.

• Good luck getting 333TB out of Cogent.

• There's no way you'd get 8TB of real, usable bandwidth for $7

• this looks interesting. However I wasn't able to find any information about their datacenters. Do you personally use them? If so please describe the details> @Jack said:

OVH? Do you need IPv4?

yeah of course I do need IPv4. Ordered one from forthcloud which @Strikerr mentioned earlier. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1336097 but im willing to buy another one from Germany or france

• @Zen said:
    IMO this is an unreasonable request, its just totally illogical for a provider to hand you this, however - irrelevant of that:

You may be able to extend your budget a little, get a bunch of smaller plans, and distribute the load as required. That would probably be my advice, or risk it and go with some 'unmetered' provider, be aware you will be capped at some point though.

Online.net provides unlimited bw dedi for ~$13.60 I actually don't see a reason why this request is unreasonable. I know its bit silly but still possible to find providers

• @Ruchirablog said:
    Online.net provides unlimited bw dedi for ~$13.60 I actually don't see a reason why this request is unreasonable. I know its bit silly but still possible to find providers

They don't provide unlimited bandwidth. They provide unmetered and yet they only guarantee 150Mbit/s.

• i83i83 Member
    edited January 2014

@Jack said:
    i-83 offers good VMs in France I think.

Thanks for the mention Jack!

We would be able to offer an IPv4 VPS in France from our new Paris location if that is of any help @Ruchirablog for the specification and pricing you mentioned.

Feel free to make an account and raise a ticket to have the custom package added.

Thanked by 2Mark_R Ruchirablog