Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what is the best vps provider ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

what is the best vps provider ?

what is the best vps provider?

Comments

• Whichever provider offers you a product at a price and level of service you're happy with. What's best for someone else isn't necessarily going to be best for you.

• you can find many Good Providers here depending on your requirements and budget.

• The question is very vast in itself!

@dhamaniasad +1

• It really depends, for speed/network? I like Fliphost. For space? I like Ramnode. For ram? I like Gadgedz.

Ask yourself these questions, what specs do you want the VPS to have? What location? Is this provider reputable (look for reviews)?

• Prometeus ftw. ;)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • The VPS provider :

• you have been using for more than a year and you are satisfied,

• provider that you would entrust your personal information and data with

• provider that would cooperate with you whenever you have service issues

• provider that would help you within the boundary of their TOS & AUP (if you get an unmanaged service, don't expect them to install cPanel, etc),

• provider that have a service that you need in terms of machine, virtualization, RAM, disk space, number of vCPU, speed of vCPU, I/O speed, port speed, network speed, band with blend and price.

• In my opinion, SecuredSpeed. Transparency: I work there.

In all seriousness tho, head over to LowEndBox, take a look at some of the offers and the reviews. Decide for yourself. There is no such thing as "the best" provider. That's like asking: "I'm looking to buy a car, which is the best one?".

• Define best? Depends on your need. Best for me means good support and reliable server, 99.99 or 100% up time, plus budget friendly. There are many good providers out there, its your call

• Having a great experience with iwStack. Best value cloud I've used.

• BuyMyVM !
    ( no )

• a laptop with big hd, lot of ram and long battery life if power goes down

find a friend or family with high speed and lots of bandwidth.

Thanked by 2support123 Mark_R
  • My best unmanaged vps provider is by far Prometeus.com, and now iwStack.com (Prometeus cloud service). I have used Prometeus for over 1.5 years now, and could not be more happy.

My two best managed hosts has to be KnownHost and SolaDrive.com.

• The best VPS provider? They'd flown to Uranus to spend their vacation

Thanked by 1support123
  • @derp +1 Best answer, and it's true.

• Why not try different providers? I think all have glory and shame times as with any business.
    And don't forget "if you pay peanuts you get monkeys".

• "if you pay peanuts you get monkeys".

The big question is whats peanuts?
    Two years ago I used Futurehosting and paid around $42/mo for a 1 GB RAM, 30 GB HDD VPS (fully managed), and my backup server was another $25.
    People called me crazy when I went from managed hosts to unmanaged. Start paying $5-8/mo per server. Thats how I discovered Prometeus, Ramnode, Urpad (that I'm no longer using because they moved all operation to US), INIZ etc, you name it.

I have never had any better host then Prometeus. Futurehosting do not come close when it come to server/network uptime, quality of hardware, service etc etc.
    I know that Prometeus is not the cheapest out there (maybe with iwStack cloud) but they are not the most pricey either.

So what is peanuts in webhosting?

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    The VPS provider :

• you have been using for more than a year and you are satisfied,

• provider that you would entrust your personal information and data with

• provider that would cooperate with you whenever you have service issues

• provider that would help you within the boundary of their TOS & AUP (if you get an unmanaged service, don't expect them to install cPanel, etc),

• provider that have a service that you need in terms of machine, virtualization, RAM, disk space, number of vCPU, speed of vCPU, I/O speed, port speed, network speed, band with blend and price.

RamNode. :)

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @nadiar429 said:
    RamNode. :)

I agree that Ramnode is a very good choice. I have used them for some time before, using them now, but they can't match Prometeus and their iwStack.