Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS Module - No payment needed, still asks for payment details.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS Module - No payment needed, still asks for payment details.

rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
edited January 2014 in Requests

Hello,

I've got WHMCS setup and I created a test plan for my new service, it was a free plan but it required me to add my card details.

I have seen some WHMCS installations where the payment method is No Payment Needed.

Does anyone know where I can get this module or if you made the module yourself could I buy it?

Comments

• @Zen said:
    Note having a $0 invoice can be problematic in the EU where it is against the law to have such.

Wait, it's illegal to charge someone nothing in the EU? O.o

• @0xdragon said:
    Wait, it's illegal to charge someone nothing in the EU? O.o

Maybe because you need to pay tax on it?

• @concerto49 said:
    Maybe because you need to pay tax on it?

Excuse me for my incompetence in this area, but how can you pay tax on nothing?

• @0xdragon said:

That's why it's illegal.

• @concerto49 said:

Oh... I see.

So how would someone offer a free service to the EU?

• @concerto49 @zen @0xdragon

When someone orders a free product is doesn't create an invoice, it marks the order as no invoice due so were are all fine here.

I'm looking for a payment gateway which is No Payment Needed. Meaning anyone can order without having to enter bank details.

• @Zen said:
    I would recommend creating your own payment gateway add-on, it would be like 10 lines of logic.

I'm looking into it.

• @zen

Done, made a gateway that does nothing :D

• @rmlhhd said:
    zen

Done, made a gateway that does nothing :D

Mind sharing for the open-source community? :)

• @0xdragon said:

Sure, just making some tweaks.

• @0xdragon said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j5ripkpcelnh0m/nopayment.php

Add it to modules/gateways then activate it in WHMCS

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2014

Its not exactly that it is illegal, zero invoices are raised millions of times a day no doubt all over the EU, when it comes to limited/registered companies invoices have to follow fairly strict accounting rules is all.

You can have a 0 invoice as long as it details the reason.

You cant have for example:

buyer

seller

invoice number: 1234

Item: a service

Price: Free

but you can have:

buyer

seller

invoice number: 1234

Item: a service

Price: £10.00

Credit line: £10.00 discount for xyz reason

Total Price: £0.00

Notes: explanation here.

• @0xdragon said:

I assume it's because eventhough you're not paying anything you're still entering a binding contract because of the invoice.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

You can make invoices of 0 euros or whatever you want aslong you are not a registered company.

In the netherlands you have to register at KvK (Kamer van Koophandel) as company and pay taxes to them if you want to have a legit business

you need to add around 20% VAT (tax) to the customer's order, otherwise its illegal.

• @Mark_R said:
    You can make invoices of 0 euros or whatever you want aslong you are not a registered company.

In the netherlands you have to register at KvK (Kamer van Koophandel) as company and pay taxes to them if you want to have a legit business

you need to add around 20% VAT (tax) to the customer's order, otherwise its illegal.

20% is almost double or tripled of Payment processor fees.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited January 2014

@welovevps said:
    20% is almost double or tripled of Payment processor fees.

that's probably the main reason providing hosting services in europe is more expensive than in the USA..

• A more simple 'null gateway' would be the following

http://pastebin.com/MiyXW31F

I don't remember where i got it from but yeah just save that text to /modules/gateway/null.php and choose null gateway.