Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[UK] Quality Servers - September 2011 Xen Blowout!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[UK] Quality Servers - September 2011 Xen Blowout!

jhjh Member
edited September 2011 in Offers

Just a quick forum post to let you know about our new September 2011 VPS Special. This time, we are having a Xen PV blowout!

10GB RAID Disk
256MB RAM + 256MB SWAP
750GB Bandwidth
FREE 5GB Offsite FTP Space
UK-Based
FULLY MANAGED
1 IPv4 + 16 IPv6
FREE Redundant DNS Hosting

A few notes about this special:

• It is based on Xen PV for guaranteed zero overselling
  • It is 100% fully managed and cPanel/DirectAdmin are available as addons
  • Open a ticket after order for your FREE 5GB backup space
  • Instant setup
  • IRC, torrents and proxies are allowed for legal use

Price: £25 per year, including VAT!

Order link: https://www.qualityservers.co.uk/cp/cart.php?a=add&pid=153

Comments

• £25 = $41.25 :(

• Hi Asim

= $3.44/month.. Sounds ok to me!

• With 750GB of monthly bandwidth $41.25/Year (or about $3.5/Month) is not a bad deal at all. 750GB = 2.5Mbps average use which usually costs more than $3.5 in Europe.

• Thanks @rds100

• Not a bad price at all, especially if someone wants IRC.

I might be going to lose another £25...

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Basil said: I might be going to lose another £25...

Negative attitude :P Is the glass half full or half empty, I'd say it's half full. :)

• My glass is completely empty..

Thanked by 2Infinity kylix
    edited September 2011

jtodd said: My glass is completely empty..

LOL, talking about money, I have $.15 in my PayPal and £25 in real life.

• And I have to raise £10,000-15,000 in 2 weeks for a new project. Fun times.

Wow, in 2 weeks. I guess it's best to enter one of those Barclays Enterprise Competitions. Get yourself in the newspaper lol.

• Sawn-off, tights over the face, post office?

• I did consider selling myself into slavery. My girlfriend expressed interest... Not joking.

jtodd said: I did consider selling myself into slavery. My girlfriend expressed interest... Not joking.

Ok, wierd times. If you are a slave how do you start the project?

Thanked by 1Deor
  • She's a keeper, man. ;)

• My girlfriend

:O

~ or ~

Pics or she's only in your head.

Take your pic. :)

Maybe you should stick her in your advertising like other providers do.

• Note to self, turn phone off before cleaning screen or it thanks random people.

Nice deal James, shame I really don't need another cm. Good luck with the new project tho

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2011

I burned on yearly offers more than once in the past, so I am not getting one more. Make these exact specs at 2.5 GBP per month (and 7 GBP quarterly?) and also submit the offer to be posted on LEB while you're at it. Also you can keep the 'fully managed' bit, personally I do not need this at ALL, don't want to pay for management I will never ever use, and I think many here will fully agree.

• jhjh Member
    edited September 2011

Hi

We will no longer be offering low end offers paid monthly or quarterly as it's just not worth the hassle at our end - we work hard to advertise an offer, get the hardware ready, help people move over and secure their server etc. and after 2 months customers find something slightly cheaper and move over. Then a month after that the other company has screwed them over, and they want us to do it all again for them.

All of our low end offers are now paid yearly - you give us your commitment and we give you our best price and service :)

If you're worried about our service, do a search on our company or get in touch with us.

I should add that we have taken roughly 50 orders for this package already from WHT and LET and as far as I'm aware all of those 50 are very happy with their package.

As for the management - I am aware that most LET fans are fairly clued up about servers, but at the same time many are disappointed when they find out that we aren't going to help them with a particular issue, justifying it saying that it's a one-off, or that they just need a bit of help getting started, or that they think it could be a problem at our end (which it isn't), so having the management there can be quite useful, even if you don't intend to use it. I have 6+ years experience in server management and if it doesn't cost much more I'd rather have management on my server just to know that if something does come up, I'll be taken care of.

• DeorDeor Member
    edited September 2011

Would it be possible to upgrade my 100meg xen box from the previous offer to this one? In fact you could just delete the current one and replace it as theres nothing important on it. Obviously, id pay the difference :)

• Damn it had to be a red head.....

• @ Jtodd - opening up community forums so the users can help each other might be a way to avoid the noobs relying on support from an unmanaged host.

What about those of us who already have monthly services from you? I assume we can continue to pay monthly?

On another note, yep. She looks the sort. ;)

• jhjh Member
    edited September 2011

@Deor: please open a ticket under sales and I'll look into the upgrade for you. There are some restrictions with regard to upgrading and downgrading specials, so we can check this for you.

@Gary: If you already have a monthly plan it will continue as normal.

Thanked by 1Deor
  • Thanks James, ticket sent.

Thanked by 1jh
  • Thanks for the upgrade James, very good of you. Good service as ever :)

• No worries :)

Great pings from London Reply from 91.227.124.118: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=55. This is nice so far :)

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 133.451 s, 8.0 MB/s

I've tested it at most times of the day and the most I can get it 11.03MB/s

• dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 133.451 s, 8.0 MB/s

That doesn't look good, really.