Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MyCustomHosting KVM in BHS, anyone else with connection issues?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MyCustomHosting KVM in BHS, anyone else with connection issues?

agonyztagonyzt Member
edited December 2013 in Help

Hi,

My network configuration stopped working for some reason and my VPS cannot reach the gateway anymore. It has been working fine for the past 4 weeks or so but I had similar issues before where the gateway would be intermittently unreachable without touching the configuration files...

Opened a ticket but I didn't get an answer yet (normally it's crazy fast, but hey, it's Dec 26th...). Anyone else have this issue? If so I'll stop debugging and wait...

Thanks!

Update: It seems like the problem is my IP. I can use my second IP just fine! So the problem is really on OVH's side. Waiting for MCH to confirm and get this fixed.

Comments

• I'm assuming they rent OVH servers? I monitor all my VPS's and servers and my OVH dedicated server in BHS hasn't had any excessive latency or packet loss issues over the last 24 hours.

• Yeah and I have a dedicated in the same datacenter too, everything appears to be working normally. Oh well...

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited December 2013

At this point I'd like to just offer the customer a one time full refund.

The change he made to his VPS that caused this problem was on or around Thu Dec 19 23:51:53 2013.

• MCHPhil said: I mean honestly it's been just a few hours on the DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS lol

Yeah the day after Christmas is probably pretty slow for everyone. I don't fault any provider for taking longer than normal for ticket responses during this time of the year.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited December 2013

@MCHPhil ,

It looks like once again you have jumped to the conclusion that this thread was opened to attack you. I believe the customer stated that he knew you were normally quite timely, however with the holiday, did not expect to hear back from you so quickly and was asking to see if anyone else had an issue. I am not sure why you feel you have to be so abrasive in every one of your responses (here on LET), to be honest it makes you look like a jerk, and for no reason. Please consider making your future responses in a tone a normal business person who cares about their customers would use.

Also, if there is a network issue on the customers server and you think you know the problem, why is it so hard for you to offer him a solution instead of just saying "YOUR VPS" and blaming everything on your customer, this is also not very professional, and is by far not any type of solution. I don't care what cost you are selling your services at or that your services are un-managed, but your responses here always seem to be quite unprofessional and lacking of any real solution. They also tend to scream "YOUR A NOOB AND YOUR STUPID SO I GUESS YOU SHOULD LEAVE MY SERVICES", which I can't see how this could be used to gain more customers, in fact, I would guess the opposite. If you don't like criticism, you are in the wrong business as a large portion of this business is customer service, not only providing technical services.

Edited: Point was made, didn't need this line here for anything other than emphasis.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2agonyzt Dylan
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited December 2013

At this point I'd like to just offer the customer a one time full refund.

The change he made to his VPS that caused this problem was on or around Thu Dec 19 23:51:53 2013.

• My reply here was not an attack, but an observation of the way you tend to react when you do post here. I am not quite sure why you can't see the issue with the tone you take in your responses. My goal was to point this out to help you with your interactions with customers going forward. Obviously this failed. Maybe if you treated people a little bit better when you spoke with them, you wouldn't keep getting "this behavior" from people.

“and to every action there is always an equal and opposite or contrary, reaction” ― Isaac Newton

Cheers!

Thanked by 2Ian_ Dylan
  • i have kvm at mycustom hosting until now..nothing issue, my kvm running okey and fast

• TheLinuxBug said: I believe the customer stated that he knew you were normally quite timely, however with the holiday, did not expect to hear back from you so quickly and was asking to see if anyone else had an issue.

This. Exactly this.

I didn't create this thread to attack anyone, I posted this thread in the "Help" section of LET and I asked other people using the same service as me if they had the same issue I'm having today! Sorry @MCHPhil if you felt like I was targeting you :| As @TheLinuxBug pointed out, I actually mentioned how fast your support normally is. Never complained about that, really.

As for my issue, we will get this fixed in the ticket I opened since it seems MY setup is the issue.

Mods: You can close this thread as it derailed badly.

Thanked by 1Ian_
This discussion has been closed.