Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Luna Node | Chicago KVM | 1024 MB @ $5.25/mo | SSD plans from $7/mo | Free SSL certificate included
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Luna Node | Chicago KVM | 1024 MB @ $5.25/mo | SSD plans from $7/mo | Free SSL certificate included

hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep
edited December 2013 in Offers

Luna Node

Luna Node provides high quality unmanaged VPS hosting at an affordable price. We exclusively use KVM on all plans for the greater control that it gives users. We believe in free software and are currently in the progress of writing a billing panel to replace our WHMCS installation. At the moment we're offering various plans in Chicago with 512 MB to 8192 MB memory. We take payments through PayPal (either through PayPal account or credit card) and Bitcoin.

Budget and Plus KVM plans come with RAID10 HDD storage; they can be upgraded from a single IPv4 address to 5 IPv4 addresses for $3.00/mo or 13 IPv4 addresses for $7.50/mo (note that justification is required for this upgrade). SSD KVM plans come with a single IPv4 address and SSD storage, along with free weekly backups.

On Budget/Plus/Special VPS, we offer a custom VM control panel that features the typical management options (although we're currently still using SolusVM for our SSD KVM plans). We recently (yesterday) added VNC access via this control panel, which is integrated into the billing panel. Servers are provisioned out of SingleHop's Chicago datacenter. For all plans, if you don't find your desired operating system on the list then open a ticket before purchase with an ISO you want to install and we'll confirm whether we can add a template (note that we are only able to support Windows on SSD KVM plans).

All plans come with a free single-domain/wildcard AlphaSSL certificate (additional certificates are $2/yr). cPanel VM licenses are available at $10/mo.

Custom ISO's are available on all plans if you open a ticket. Windows is also available if you have your own license.

Order budget VPS or SSD KVM now! Or contact us for questions. Upload your PGP public key to our PGP web interface to receive encrypted mail from us.

Budget VPS 512 MB

Memory: 512 MB

Storage: 15 GB

Bandwidth: 1000 GB

Virtual cores: 1

Price: $4.00 monthly

Order link.

Plus KVM 1024 MB

Memory: 1024 MB

Storage: 20 GB

Bandwidth: 1500 GB

Virtual cores: 2

Price: $5.25 monthly (with promotion)

Order link.

SSD KVM 1024 MB

Memory: 1024 MB

SSD storage: 6 GB

Bandwidth: 2000 GB @ 1gbps

Virtual cores: 1

Price: $7.00 first quarter (three months), $20.00 per quarter thereafter

Order link.

Test IP: 96.127.140.146

Test download: http://96.127.140.146/100MB.bin

Comments

• I have been using this service for two weeks now (Plus KVM 1024MB) and I can say I am quite satisfied.

Although it is KVM, I could only select the OS from templates, and I could not choose to mount ISO and run the default installation via VNC. I believe this is the limitation of the custom control panel they are using.

However, I am pleasantly surprised that the template included a 4GB swap at /dev/vdb, meaning I did not have to use part of the 20GB at /dev/vda as swap. Basically 4GB free.

I wish Luna Node all the best and I hope to continue using their service.

• additional certificates are $2/yr

additional certificates need to buy additional IPs first?

• hazrulnizam said: I have been using this service for two weeks now (Plus KVM 1024MB) and I can say I am quite satisfied.

Hi, would you mind post result of "dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync" on your machine? Thx.

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited December 2013

Here mine, I'm on LunaNode too (Low End Box - Storage 450 GB). And free single-domain/wildcard AlphaSSL certificate is awesome.

root@me:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 4.85759 s, 221 MB/s

I wonder too. !?

@hotsnow said:

Thanked by 1hbjlee17
  • hbjlee17hbjlee17 Member, Host Rep

If you will open a ticket with us with the link to the iso of the OS you are trying to install, we can certainly mount it for you manually :) been doing that for other customers who requested Windows based OS.

@hazrulnizam said:
    I have been using this service for two weeks now (Plus KVM 1024MB) and I can say I am quite satisfied.

Although it is KVM, I could only select the OS from templates, and I could not choose to mount ISO and run the default installation via VNC. I believe this is the limitation of the custom control panel they are using.

However, I am pleasantly surprised that the template included a 4GB swap at /dev/vdb, meaning I did not have to use part of the 20GB at /dev/vda as swap. Basically 4GB free.

I wish Luna Node all the best and I hope to continue using their service.

Nope... at least I don't think so? But I will let @perennate answer this particular question when he wakes up in the morning :o

@hotsnow said:

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

@hotsnow said: additional certificates need to buy additional IPs first?

There is a limit of five paid SSL certificates and one free SSL certificate per active service. Additional IP addresses are not required for additional certificates; in fact, we encourage usage of SNI to host multiple sites from one IP address.

• @recycleddomain said:
    Hi, would you mind post result of "dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync" on your machine? Thx.

Sure, here you go:

[user@lunanode ~]$ dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.10438 s, 118 MB/s

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited December 2013

@perennate said:
    There is a limit of five paid SSL certificates and one free SSL certificate per active service. Additional IP addresses are not required for additional certificates; in fact, we encourage usage of SNI to host multiple sites from one IP address.

some questions,

1. any vps plan by paid monthly can get these five paid wildcard SSL certificates ($2/y each) and one free wildcard SSL certificate? don't need to pay the vps annually?

2. and I wonder whether these certificates can be used on other server? or must on your vps?

3. do you allow custom windows iso (provide by customer) with own license on Budget VPS 512 MB & Plus KVM 1024 MB?

thanks.

1. yes
    2. as far as i know, these certificates don't come with IP restriction so you probably will be able to use them elsewhere
    3. yes although we do not recommend running windows machine on 512MB vps.
    Thanked by 1hotsnow

@hotsnow

hbjlee17 said: as far as i know, these certificates don't come with IP restriction so you probably will be able to use them elsewhere

It is impossible for an SSL certificate to restrict by IP address, it's just an IP address. Anyway, to respond to your original question, you can use the SSL certificate on servers outside our network, but the usage should involve some activity that is related to whatever you're running on a Luna Node virtual machine.

Thanked by 2hotsnow Noerman
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited January 2014

additional certificates are $2/yr

@hbjlee17 @perennate

one another question, can it pay 5 years with $10 one-time? or only can pay annually? thanks :)

it seems singlehop support free 5 years registration for their customers :)

http://www.singlehop.com/managed-hosting-services/secure-hosting/

GlobalSign Alpha SSL    Free (1 to 5 year registration)
    GlobalSign Domain SSL   Free (1 to 5 year registration)
    GlobalSign Alpha SSL Wild Card  Free (1 to 5 year registration)
    GlobalSign Domain SSL Wild Card     Free (1 to 5 year registration)
    GlobalSign Extended Validation - 1 Year     $299 per year
    GlobalSign Extended Validation - 2 Year     $399 per 2 years

hotsnow said: one another question, can it pay 5 years with $10 one-time? or only can pay annually? thanks :)

Hi, we only offer on annual payment.

Thanked by 1hotsnow

It does in deed say that on singlehop website but I have looked everywhere in our client portal and have not found where it would allow us to configure the number of years for these CSRs