Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone using DD-wrt routers for VPN? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone using DD-wrt routers for VPN?

2»

Comments

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

I've used DD-WRT on a few home routers including a Linksys E2500. Rock solid firmware. I've not once needed to power cycle a router running DD-WRT.

• dd-wrt is such a hassle to deal with, I've never really bothered, why not just set up a server that is a vpn?

• I've used numerous versions of DD-WRT on various routers: WRT54G, WRT54GL, WRT54GS, WRT350N, WRT600N, Buffalo, Belkin, ... it just works. Also made a JTAG cable so I could unbrick a bunch of routers.

If you are only doing a single external IP, single WAN, VPN, or Repeater Bridge setup, you won't be disappointed (if you choose a router with enough horsepower for what you need to do).

• I used to use dd-wrt. I have since upgraded to a CentOS VM in a box with multiple Ethernet ports that acts as a router, though.

• Actually it's very good now it's working great no problems at all