Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Check for ISP filter
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Check for ISP filter

Past few days I am getting a "Connection Aborted/Connection Reset/No data received" errors in my chrome browser when updating wordpress theme files or pages/posts. I even made a simple php form script that has a textarea, and for some content I post in the textarea, the browser fails, but for some other text, it would go through. These errors only happen on a POST request. This problem is not isolated to chrome only. Fails in all browsers. But surprisingly it works as it should when using a proxy or through a VPN. Also, if my wordpress/forms are posted through SSL/HTTPS

Googled for the errors, but haven't found a single way to fix it. Changed my MTU, etc. etc..
Nothing! Still the same.

Now am starting to think that the ISP must have introduced a filter (Content/Virus/Spam) that messes up with the content. Has anyone experienced something like this? or someone know a way to find out if my content is being filtered by the ISP?

Comments

• Are you using a mobile connection?

• What country/ISP?

• Using an ADSL connection. Used the 3G mobile connection from the same ISP and the same thing happens.

• now i noticed that the adsl connection even receives an ipv6 address on my router if i enable ipv6 on my wan interface. so am receiving both an ipv4 and a ipv6 address. could that pose a problem?

• Your ISP shouldn't be filtering anything out, but you can test that by running a client/server application in like java and trying to send packets over port 80

• If you still having the same issue you could try connecting to a VPN and see if you have the same issue. If you do then its the site, if you don't then it's your ISP

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited December 2013

@BuyCPanel_Kevin said:
    Your ISP shouldn't be filtering anything out

Ok, point taken, you're not living in the EU, Africa or Asia.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n