Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yahoo Email 421 4.7.1 [TS03] problem with my vm
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yahoo Email 421 4.7.1 [TS03] problem with my vm

dnwkdnwk Member
edited December 2013 in Help

I run my own server. Only host my own personal email account on a European VM
And I don't have any delivery problem before but once I move to European I saw this error from Yahoo and apparently all Yahoo email did not the email I sent.

"refused to talk to me: 421 4.7.1 [TS03] All messages from 188.164.12*.*** will be permanently deferred; Retrying will NOT succeed"

Does anyone know what to do with? The help page on Yahoo didn't help. It only says you need to check if there are spam coming out of your server which I exam the log and my mail server is not comprised. I have rDNS, DKIM and SPF setup. Not sure what else I can do.
When I have my server in US, I did not experience any of this. My IP is not on any public RBL.

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Hello !

We do not have control over how the IPs are allocated, we check our ranges frequently against some known spamblock lists, but it is always possible we had a hit-and-run spammer.
    There are also some new IPs which have no reputation and that might be the cause too, some people, especially microsoft, have an issue with those.
    You can check your IP here:
    http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
    If it is blacklisted some place (except known scams), open a ticket and we will be looking into it.

• Probably has to do with the ssl update as of late

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited December 2013

@ihasvps said:
    Probably has to do with the ssl update as of late

What do you mean by ssl update? You mean my TLS certificate is not valid in their eyes? I do have TLS setup in my postfix.

• @dnwk said:
    What do you mean by ssl update? You mean my TLS certificate is not valid in their eyes? I do have TLS setup in my postfix.

yeah, i had a few clients have issue with the last update, was just making sure yours was because it leads to the same problem / similar problems at least :P

• @ihasvps said:

I mean what is the "last update"? What do you refer to?

I just checked, and the IP is not listed in any of the main 100 blocklists. It might be that yahoo saw a huge number of emails coming and took a preemptive strike or that they reject relatively new IPs out of hand until they build some reputation.
    Since you have set all the records I do not know really what could have they thought or what went wrong there.

• @Maounique I think the problem is the previous owner of IP block.
    For example your current Indian IP block was spamming forums previously
    http://stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/194.71.224.1

It cannot be that, I checked all major lists, including barracuda and others which list for more than just spam, and it came out clean. These IPs are clean, also new allocation which could be the problem in the end, as some major mail providers do not like those.

• @dnwk Do you use any control panel for your VPS?

• That's weird because a 4xx error according to the rfc is a temporary one. If they were permanently blocking you it should be a 5xx error

• @vRozenSch00n said:
    dnwk Do you use any control panel for your VPS?

No

• dnwk said: No

I guess that's not the problem then.

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited December 2013

@dnwk said:
    "refused to talk to me: 421 4.7.1 [TS03] All messages from 188.164.12*.*** will be permanently deferred; Retrying will NOT succeed"

Does anyone know what to do with?

The error given means you are sending too much email per hour/day/week to Yahoo. You should check your log and see how many mails your are indeed sending to Yahoo. Have a look at the content of those mails. Are those mails in any ways spam? Are any of those emails forwarded mails? You should make sure to check for holes in webmail/mail forms/newsletters/recommend-forms that are sent using that mail-server.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @skagerrak said:

I did check the log. It is the first thing I do when I got that error. I though my server is compromised. But in the log, there is nothing. Only 1 email going to Yahoo.

• @dnwk said:
    I did check the log. It is the first thing I do when I got that error. I though my server is compromised. But in the log, there is nothing. Only 1 email going to Yahoo.

If that's the case you might have gotten a "dirty" IP-address from your provider. TS03 is a quite high level indicating that Yahoo has put you on hold for a good reason. You should clear things up with your provider. They should care about getting that sorted out with Yahoo.

• @skagerrak said:
    If that's the case you might have gotten a "dirty" IP-address from your provider. TS03 is a quite high level indicating that Yahoo has put you on hold for a good reason. You should clear things up with your provider. They should care about getting that sorted out with Yahoo.

But if that's such a high level, other RBL should also list my IP. wouldn't that be the case?

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited December 2013

@dnwk said:
    But if that's such a high level, other RBL should also list my IP. wouldn't that be the case?

Because Yahoo cares about it's own network. Maybe the IP has been used to send mass-mails to Yahoo-clients only, maybe other lists have been cleaned already. Only Yahoo and the previous owner will know. This guessing, however, won't be much help. Your only help is to speak to your provider to get that IP cleaned at Yahoo.

• @skagerrak said:

I did speak to provider and to yahoo.
    Yahoo won't say why and provider says no other RBL has list the IP and they don't know why.

Already did that. These IPs are almost new and I have not met one spammer yet to target only yahoo, though i did see one targetting hotmail for harvesting with new messenger "add-on" scam. There are no other reported incidents so i believe there might be a mistake from yahoo.
    It is not true they are not following other lists, uceprotect, even, has been found to be used by yahoo, as well as spamhaus.