Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DepotVPS Launched ... sorta.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DepotVPS Launched ... sorta.

Shane_ElmoreShane_Elmore Member
edited March 2012 in General

Taking advice from users in the Frantech IRC channel, and some LET members, I am giving you, the user, a VPS starting at $4.75 a month. The reason I said "sorta" though is that I am only letting on trustful users right now, as in, people I feel like won't abuse the node, etc.

If you would like to pay less, me being 16 and all, use the code "OVZ20OFF" to get 20% off recurring.

Here is the form to PM me if you want one, and in exchange I will send you the WHMCS link:

Your Name:

Linux/LEB/Virtualization experience:
Why you would like a VPS from DepotVPS:
You agree to not abuse the server, actions such as not hosting illegal content, resource hogging programs or scripts, and/or anything that would get DepotVPS in trouble:

Here is our plans:

Closet (Plan 1, OpenVZ)

128mb actual RAM/256mb burst RAM
20GB HDD
1 IP address
250GB bandwidth
Hosted in Chicago, IL
$4.75 a month

Storage Room (Plan 2, OpenVZ)

256mb actual RAM/384mb burst RAM
30GB HDD
1 IP address
450GB bandwidth
Hosted in Chicago, IL
$6.00 a month

Warehouse (Plan 3, OpenVZ)

384mb actual RAM/512mb burst RA
40GB HDD
2 IP addresses
650GB bandwidth
Hosted in Chicago, IL
$6.75 a month

Thanks.

Comments

• flyfly Member

128 for 4.75 a month?
    heh.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@kbar said: 128 for 4.75 a month?

heh.

At least he's trying to stay out of the pool :)

Best of luck

Francisco

Thanked by 1Mon5t3r
  • @DepotVPS_Shane said: $4.75 a month

Wait, aren't you renting hardware of VPS6, and isn't getting it directly from VPS6 actually cheaper than this?

• @lele0108: Not anymore.

• Just wondering... who is your provider?

• @TheHackBox: I am not releasing my new reseller, but I can say they are using Continuum.

• Ah, Continuum is pretty good.

• jhjh Member

http://depotvps.com/

It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

• @DepotVPS_Shane said: Not anymore.

But with this kind of pricing, no niche features, and support being ran by a student, how do you expect to get customers?

• Shane_ElmoreShane_Elmore Member
    edited March 2012

@jtodd: No page, but a WHMCS is fine? Hah.

I can promise I'll have a site up tommorow.

@lele0108: I have something in the works. (Possibly our own dedicated node in a non-crowded market) ;)

• @DepotVPS_Shane said: Here is the form to PM me if you want one, and in exchange I will send you the WHMCS link:

Oh, and hehe :D

http://www.depotvps.com/whmcs/cart.php

:>

• jhjh Member

@lele0108 said: But with this kind of pricing, no niche features, and support being ran by a student, how do you expect to get customers?

Good support maybe? It's easy to give excellent support when you only have a handful of customers ;)

• flyfly Member
    edited March 2012

btw,

$0.00 USD Quarterly
    $0.00 USD Semi-Annually
    $0.00 USD Annually
    $0.00 USD Biennially
    $0.00 USD Triennially

you should also consider securing whmcs.....

• IvraatiemsIvraatiems Member
    edited March 2012

If you hit anything but monthly, it will charge you $0.00.

Just so you know.

Edit: One of them is fixed, but the other two plans are still doing it. Of course, if you ARE gonna give out some free VPSes... :D

• Done, and the SSL cert will come tommorow. No self-signed BS, an actual one.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I'm making popcorn. This should be good.

• jhjh Member

@DepotVPS_Shane said: Done, and the SSL cert will come tommorow. No self-signed BS, an actual one.

facepalm

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • @DepotVPS_Shane said: Done, and the SSL cert will come tommorow. No self-signed BS, an actual one.

Er, you do know that you can get those free too?

http://cert.startcom.org/

• So you're launching... But don't have your website up yet?

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • This thread just gave me an awesome idea for a special type of forum I should make.

It could have multiple columns, each for different replies. For example, this thread could have two columns down each side. One for comments of support towards DepotVPS and the other side for criticism.

Thank you for making this thread.

• NateN34NateN34 Member
    edited March 2012

Sounds cool!

Although, I hate resellers.....it is going pointlessly through a middle man and increasing risk exponentially. Definitely should get some nodes up. ;)

Although, why do I have this gut feeling that you are Constantinos?

• @NateN34 said: Although, why do I have this gut feeling that you are Constantinos?

Knee-jerk reflex at this point. Take some time to calmly read and compare their posts.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

To go from Plan 2 to Plan 3, customers pay 75 cents more...and get 2 IPs instead of one (plus more memory, disk, etc.)

The delta of +128MB ram, +200 bw, +10 hdd...75 cents might cover that (though not with much profit?), but another IP, too?

Thanked by 2yowmamasita dancom96
  • LAKidLAKid Member

This is so funny...

• AsuraHostingAsuraHosting Member
    edited March 2012

@raindog308 said: customers pay 75 cents more...and get 2 IPs instead of one

Yeah, I didn't understand this as well... it's 1 heck of a bargain though, $0.75 for an extra IPv4, more RAM, bandwidth, and disk space.

• Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to depotvps.com. Why did you think about making a thread about this when it isn't even up yet?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@LowEndAdmin said: You must have a website with a proper ordering system. "Email me to get this deal" does not count.

• I did have a WHMCS setup earlier. Close please, or mod approve/ban if needed since I've made several threads.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Shane - Autism toing and froing. Don't you think it would better to give the whole thing some more time? ;)

• Amitz: That is what I am doing, yes. I have a new node lined up but he cannot set it up until April 1st.