Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Backup Server HW For Sale
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Backup Server HW For Sale

serverianserverian Member
edited December 2013 in Offers

HP DL160 G6
Xeon L5520 Quad Core CPU
24GB Memory (3 x 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz ECC)
4 x 3TB Seagate SV.35 SATA3 HDD
P410 + 256MB Memory RAID Controller

You can buy more ram at 8GB/$60 at ebay and buy another CPU for $25 at ebay and make this thing a VPS node.

Located in Dallas, TX

$450 OBO + Shipping

As you see here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=3tb+sv.35&_sop=15

Only the disks as used are $145*4 = $580. You'll get a server and disks for cheaper than that.

Comments

• Where will you be shipping this from?

• $400

• @dhamaniasad said:
    Where will you be shipping this from?

It's colocated in Cloudshard's facility at the moment, paid till end of this month. You can keep it there by talking them to get a quote.

• Forgot to mention the remote hands fees. The DC asks $80 remote hands fees to pack it unless you go unrack it yourself. What I can do is transferring the colo to your account and you deal with them yourself.

• How much do you pay for the colo? Where is it located at? Uplink and bandwidth limit? How stable is it? How old are your hardwares?

• Might be worth noting the RAM might be 1033Mhz, not 1333 as the L5520 only supports up to DDR3 1033.

• @serverian said:
    Forgot to mention the remote hands fees. The DC asks $80 remote hands fees to pack it unless you go unrack it yourself. What I can do is transferring the colo to your account and you deal with them yourself.

We'll do it for $70. It involves unracking it as well as packing and shipping it. Not a 15 min job.

@Jun said:
    How much do you pay for the colo? Where is it located at? Uplink and bandwidth limit? How stable is it?

If you're interested I can give you a quote. It's located in Infomart Dallas, Viawest facility, Tier 3, HIPPA, PCI, SSAE16 Type 2 SOC1 & SOC2. It's stable. Bandwidth is Internap, Cogent and PCCW (to be up in 2 weeks).

• @concerto49: The same question: How much for colo cost if I purchase the server and continue colo at CloudShard?

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited December 2013

@nhocconan said:
    concerto49: The same question: How much for colo cost if I purchase the server and continue colo at CloudShard?

What specs are you looking for? Bandwidth? Port speed? IPs?

Edit: E.g.

10TB @ 100mbit
    /29 IPv4
    IPv6 if required
    $62/month

Note: this server uses >1A @ 120V - closer to 1.5A. Normally places would charge you 2A of usage.

• @concerto49 said:
    Note: this server uses >1A @ 120V - closer to 1.5A. Normally places would charge you 2A of usage.

Thanks, I am asking cost for server on this topic. Will think about it.

• @concerto49: how much for at 1gbit? @serverian: is it 1gbit eth port?

• @concerto49: are you tier 1 PCI DSS Validated service provider?

• @godong said:
    concerto49: how much for at 1gbit? serverian: is it 1gbit eth port?

$10/month more for a gigabit port upgrade.

@godong said:
    concerto49: are you tier 1 PCI DSS Validated service provider?

The data center is, but there's a lot more to do with PCI than just the data center. It's a step forward. There's also your side of things.

• Hello,
    Can we get a price estimation for shipping to Poland?
    Regards.

• I'm sorry this is sold.