Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS (KVM) problem with disk space.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS (KVM) problem with disk space.

Hello,

I speak french, sorry for my bad english.

I ordered a VPS (KVM) with a hard drive of 500 GB.

I Install CentOS 6.4, 64 bit, and webuzzo.

Webuzzo sees only 49.2 GB, yet I have a hard disk of 500 GB.

If I do:

df-h

I have this result:

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/mapper/vg_hd1-lv_root 50G 4.2G 43G 9% /

tmpfs 245M 0 245M 0% /dev/shm

/dev/vda1 485M 56M 404M 13% /boot

/dev/mapper/vg_hd1-lv_home 442G 199M 419G 1% /home

Can you help me?

thank you

Comments

• /dev/mapper/vg_hd1-lv_home 442G 199M 419G 1% /home

Your /home partition is 442Gb all seems fine?

• @prae5 said:
    /dev/mapper/vg_hd1-lv_home 442G 199M 419G 1% /home

Your /home partition is 442Gb all seems fine?

Webuzzo see only 49.22 GB

• Its looking at your / partition. All of your space is in /home

I don't use Webuzzo, either configure it to look at your /home partition or if you don't know how to do that, you may be better setting everything up to use a single partition / reallocate your space to /

• In / home partition, there sites. I do not understand the problem. Maybe a bug, I'll open a ticket at Webuzzo.

@prae5 said:
    Its looking at your / partition. All of your space is in /home

I don't use Webuzzo, either configure it to look at your /home partition or if you don't know how to do that, you may be better setting everything up to use a single partition / reallocate your space to /

I do not know how

• I had to do this the other day when I had someone install a server remotely, and left the default disk space configured. Essentially, you will need to login via ssh and first, shrink the partition for /home, to a size that is good for you(100gb of your 450gb lets say). There are many how-to's out there, just do a search for what I assume is ext4 with lvm on your current Centos 6 -- this is prolly the one I used, based on my results cache. Once the /home partition has been shrunk down to a normal size, you can then "grow" the / or root partition to the rest of the "free" space left in the volume. Your going to want to see how much space you have left that is reported, so items like lvdisplay, vgdisplay will come in handy here for finding out how much space you have have left.

https://pubmem.wordpress.com/2010/09/16/how-to-resize-lvm-logical-volumes-with-ext4-as-filesystem/

I also referenced this page for help:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/extendlv.html

As others have stated, your web interface Webuzzo(which I have no experience) is most likely reporting free disk space in the / or root partition, which is why you only see 50Gb or whatever you reported. Once you shrink your home partition and grow your / or root partition, you should get the intended results(having couple hundred gb's reported free i assume).