Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nine Seagate Constellation ES.2 ST33000650NS 3 TB hard drives for sale, $160 each + shipping
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nine Seagate Constellation ES.2 ST33000650NS 3 TB hard drives for sale, $160 each + shipping

DamianDamian Member
edited December 2013 in Offers

As stated in the subject, i've got nine Seagate Constellation ES.2 ST33000650NS 3 TB drives for sale.

Power-on hours for half of the drives is 4331 hours / 24 = 180 days. Power-on hours for the other half of the drives is 7876 hours / 24 = 328 days.

Asking $160 plus shipping each, buy all nine and i'll ship them for free within the United States. Willing to do shipping via USPS or UPS, your choice. Cheapest I could find these for new was $244, and used on eBay was $195. Get an enterprise hard drive for the same price as a desktop drive.

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

No ship to Romania ?
    Cheapest version, wrap them well :)
    I need 4 of them, the high power on hour ones are OK.

• Sure, I can ship them to Romania. I'll get you a price this evening when I determine how big the box will be.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Do they have a full retain warranty or is it an OEM reduced 1 year warranty?

• @jbiloh said:
    Do they have a full retain warranty or is it an OEM reduced 1 year warranty?

Some of them are OEM, and some of them are retail... when I get home this evening, I'll look up the serials and see what's what.

Gotcha. We would be interested at around $75 each. Seagate in general has a frustrating warranty process and knowing some of them are OEM means it's just a risk. Could be a good value at $75 each or could bite me in the butt.

• I'm lucky - for some reason my Seagates have 3 years warranty even though they were bought as OEM. ;)

• The Constellation ES series have 5 years warranty.

• c0yc0y Member
    edited December 2013

@jbiloh said:
    Gotcha. We would be interested at around $75 each. Seagate in general has a frustrating warranty process and knowing some of them are OEM means it's just a risk. Could be a good value at $75 each or could bite me in the butt.

ORRRR what he probably will do is say to get off your low end mood and pay the $160 he is asking for each...

• itrmikeitrmike Member
    edited December 2013

@rds100 said:
    The Constellation ES series have 5 years warranty.

I believe that is retail, oem drives have <3 years warranty.

If the OEM drives have a warranty of 3 years or longer I'd pay $125 each. I am pretty sure its 1 year though, am I wrong?

• Ended up selling the entire lot to one guy off ebay. Thanks all!

:(

I really need 4 big disks 3.5
    Someone has an offer ? Preferably in EU ?

• Do you need Constellation? Seagate SV35 is cheaper and is claimed to be designed for 24/7 operation. Should be readily available everywhere.

I am not sure video surveillance probably needs a lot less performance than server storage.

• True, they are slower than ES. For some personal file storage / light personal server usage they are OK. For heavy duty server usage - go ES/2/3 or WD RE4