Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCORE VPS = Down . New host?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCORE VPS = Down . New host?

CltcamCltcam Member
edited November 2013 in Help

Just recently set up a teamspeak server from IPXcore.com Getting this error Submitted a ticket, so I hope the issue is resolved. The teampeak server I was hosting on this VPS was being used by quite a few friends and me, so I'm pretty disappointed that it's down.

Do you guys think I should go with a new host, or wait for the issue to be resolved? I would hope for this to be fixed by 12 PM eastern time tomorrow.

Comments

• Could be related to the IP switch?

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited November 2013

Hm, possibly. I submitted a ticket and they said they are looking into it, but it's been a while so they would have known if it was that.

Old IPs still work until December 31st.

I guess it could still be related to that though.

• If you submitted a ticket, why don't you wait a reasonable time before opening a discussion here?

LET is not low end provider help desk.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited November 2013

@Darwin said:
    If you submitted a ticket, why don't you wait a reasonable time before opening a discussion here?

LET is not low end provider help desk.

Well Darwin, I would like to know if any other users were experiencing this issues. There is a help section on www.lowendtalk.com for a reason. If you don't want to see threads related to help, browse other sub forums buddy.

• @Darwin, he's asking, should he just wait or leave. Do you suggesting him to wait?

• @Cltcam said:

You wrote: "I'm pretty disappointed that it's down" which I read as bashing a low end provider that didn't even had time to answer your ticket. That was my point.

About your question I vote to wait, I doubt ipxcore is going to deadpool or don't solve your vps problem.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited November 2013

@Darwin said:
    About your question I vote to wait, I doubt ipxcore is going to deadpool or don't solve your vps problem.

It's been 4 days, and there's already a problem, so I felt the need to post here, so yes, I'm disappointed. No where did I say they were a bad host. Thanks for your input!

• @Cltcam said:

Sorry, the way I read your post I didn't get that you had that problem for about 4 days. Sorry if I was rude :)

Don't know how much is your budget, but if you are thinking about moving, I can recommend prometeus vps in dallas or ramnode in atlanta. My vps with them have really great network/uptime.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @Darwin said:
    Don't know how much is your budget, but if you are thinking about moving, I can recommend prometeus vps in dallas or ramnode in atlanta. My vps with them have really great network/uptime.

It's alright. Yeah, I can spend more. I just don't see a reason to spend too much for a VPS I'm just hosting a teamspeak server on.

I would need to make sure that my service with IPXCore was cancelled before I buy a new VPS with another host, because I have a Teamspeak non-profit key uploaded to my IPXCore VPS, and that key can only be used once at a time.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

The guys over at IPXCORE are pretty solid guys. I would stick around and let them resolve it. Things happen and best we can do when things break is fix it asap :)

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Jack said:
    Thats at end of december

Yup, definitely not up on my VPS host IP changes.. Oh well, it was a shot in the dark.

• Yeah, the support at IPXCORE definitely seems solid. They told me that, "We're awaiting the datacenter to attach a KVM for our use.”.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited November 2013

The server was up for 166 days, so of course it picked a holiday day to crap out.

We power-cycled the server, but it didn't come back, and now we're waiting for a KVM to be attached. We're not to high on the priority list for anyone over there at Buffalo, so I'm sure it'll be attached.... eventually...

Rest assured that you're not the only client on the server who's having an outage, and that we'll have it back as soon as we can.

• CltcamCltcam Member
    edited November 2013

@Damian said:
    The server was up for 166 days, so of course it picked a holiday day to crap out.

We power-cycled the server, but it didn't come back, and now we're waiting for a KVM to be attached. We're not to high on the priority list for anyone over there at Buffalo, so I'm sure it'll be attached.... eventually...

Rest assured that you're not the only client on the server who's having an outage, and that we'll have it back as soon as we can.

Thanks for the update. Hope it is resolved somewhat soon. Hopefully.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

4 days is a very long time, not many hosts have downtimes like those over here.
    I think over 24 hours is unacceptable, no matter holiday or not.
    That being said ipxcore is also in my recommended list, so, stick with them if you like the price, it is unlikely that will happen again anytime soon.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Damian said:

Zing!!

We had guys at the datacenter all day today. Has your issue been resolved?

• Casual Chat = VPS, you need it up all the time specialized host. There's one out there that even keeps a hot standby in a second datacenter in case your primary goes down. Used them for a long time as a WoW Raid team. They changed names to something else I cant remember though.

http://instantventrilo.com/ That's them.

• jbiloh said: Zing!!

We had guys at the datacenter all day today. Has your issue been resolved?

I think it's actually CVPS where we're not too high on the priority list. I wish we could have gotten into CC on the many times I asked you to do so :P

No, it hasn't been resolved. A KVM was connected, but the server doesn't seem to be powered on.

@Damian said:
    No, it hasn't been resolved. A KVM was connected, but the server doesn't seem to be powered on.

Email me I'd like to help in any way possible.

• And we're back online.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Damian said:
    And we're back online.

Who helped in the end ?

• @Maounique said:

LET Thread ;)

Thanked by 1perennate

@Jack said:
    I love how you are helping a CVPS client, why wouldn't you take IPX on as a client?

Because normally in most industries you do not pursue customers of customers. In this case were going to work with cvps and ipx to see how we can make their support experience more direct though.

• @jbiloh said "to see how we can make their support experience more direct though."

A "direct" support experience is why I have always preferred to rent dedicated servers directly from the data centers.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2013

@jbiloh said:
    Because normally in most industries you do not pursue customers of customers. In this case were going to work with cvps and ipx to see how we can make their support experience more direct though.

Are you sure that CVPS hadn't suspended his server for some reason? I'd consider it a bit unprofessional to step in on someone else's business and decide how to handle their servers simply because you have physical access to them. Their billing software should be checked prior to making such decisions. Same reason you didn't power on another client's servers at their client's request as noted on this forum recently.

• @Cltcam I've been IPXcore customer since around February 2013, so far i haven't experienced any significant downtime. There have been two or three reboots of a node due to scheduled upgrade, however the downtime hasn't been more than a minute or so, pretty much unnoticeable. The server performance i get is simply said - impeccable. All of my questions have been answered via the ticket system in a very timely manner. IPXcore people mean business, they are serious players, professional, experienced and honest, they are not one man operation, or some unskilled kid with a summer host server. I fully trust them, i am very satisfied from them and i would recommend their services to anyone.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited November 2013

@jarland said:
    Are you sure that CVPS hadn't suspended his server for some reason? I'd consider it a bit unprofessional to step in on someone else's business and decide how to handle their servers simply because you have physical access to them. Their billing software should be checked prior to making such decisions. Same reason you didn't power on another client's servers at their client's request as noted on this forum recently.

If CVPS suspended service of ours, but didn't let us know, we'd be beyond pissed. What happened in this instance is that the server hard locked, I think due to swapping IPs too quickly; OpenVZ is a bit fragile when it comes to adding/removing IPs. We tried to power cycle the server, but that was too "hard" and caused the undervolt protection on the server to engage.

CVPS has been good to us, the only time we have problems is when we need emergency support. Not really a fault of theirs, as their market focus is mass-market VPS, not colocation of servers, so due to our renewed business focus of moving more 'upscale' or 'premium, we're working on finding alternate solutions for hosting, as we can't really sell a 'premium' product if the backing for it isn't there.

I know there's a strong sentiment of "OMFG COLOCROSSING/CVPS SUCKS", but I'll be honest that I haven't really experienced it with them.

@Janevski said:
    Cltcam I've been IPXcore customer since around February 2013, so far i haven't experienced any significant downtime. There have been two or three reboots of a node due to scheduled upgrade, however the downtime hasn't been more than a minute or so, pretty much unnoticeable. The server performance i get is simply said - impeccable. All of my questions have been answered via the ticket system in a very timely manner. IPXcore people mean business, they are serious players, professional, experienced and honest, they are not one man operation, or some unskilled kid with a summer host server. I fully trust them, i am very satisfied from them and i would recommend their services to anyone.

Thanks! It's all up-hill from here, too.

Thanked by 1Maounique