Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fully Managed Server require. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Fully Managed Server require.

2»

Comments

• @Sledger - Your "constructive criticism" is more viewed upon as an attempt to bash our reputation and generate libel, although thank you for the thought and we are giving it our best to satisfy our existing customer base with the condition that our clients are willing to cooperate with us.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited November 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    Sledger - Your "constructive criticism" is more viewed upon as an attempt to bash our reputation and generate libel, although thank you for the thought and we are giving it our best to satisfy our existing customer base with the condition that our clients are willing to cooperate with us.

Jon, you shouldn't even be posting offers because according to the Illinois Secretary of State's website your company is not currently in good standing (the info on their website is updated in real time). As I'm sure you're aware, companies which are not in good standing legally can't enter into contracts (things like TOS) while their status is "not good standing". This can be easily verified by visiting the Illinois S.O.S. website.

more info and a screenshot from the Illinois S.O.S.'s website:
    http://vpsboard.com/topic/2625-greenvaluehost-tells-their-non-high-paying-clients-to-gtfo/page-2#entry39113

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited November 2013

@DomainBop - We're going to have our corporation renewed soon to have it dissolved and afterwards we're going to have our LLC papers processed so that we can be incorporated as an LLC.

The majority of posts in that thread are false and libel and although tempting, I'm not going to be participating in any VPSBoard discussions.

• Come on guys. Is that really necessary to fight it out in public?

It like in the kindergarten. Just let him advertise his thing and everythings alright -.-

• $20 for fully managed VPS seems to be hard to find because the fee for fully managed is usually more than $20 already.

I think you should make a deal with the provider about this.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Sledger - Your "constructive criticism" is more viewed upon as an attempt to bash our reputation and generate libel, although thank you for the thought and we are giving it our best to satisfy our existing customer base with the condition that our clients are willing to cooperate with us.

Again, you're getting me wrong.My point was may be sell less servers at better profit but satisfy your customers.A company or host builds strong business relationships with its clients/customers, satisfies theie requirements and then only it is a position to earn profit & is in good financial position.Its one of the basic principles of marketing and those hosts who ignore it become a deadpool(And I have seen tons of them in last 5 years) sooner or later.

Its easier to make someone subscribe to our offers but its 10x difficult to make them renew their services with you.

If you still do not understand then I can nothing but pray to God to cure your style of thinking & looking into things.

• I tried photonvps semi dedicated server, but wasn't so good, and refunded and lost 12$ for cpanel license and back to digitalocean and managing server our selves

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited November 2013

Shabaz, simply put at the end of the day expert management isn't cheap. Those with the actual skill set who don't live in mother's basement and have the real expertise charge $60-$180/hour. You would be best off going with a mass server company that throws in management for ~$60 because they can afford to do so with their 10,000s of servers and being able to afford the expertise to provide around the clock support. Providers like liquidweb come to mind but you would need to increase your budget by about 3x-10x. Figure out what your time is worth, whether you have 5 years to become a decent sysadmin, or want to focus on your product instead while someone else handles your server.

http://www.liquidweb.com/managed-vps-hosting/

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @shahbaz People tends to think sysadmin job is an easypeasy job, and claimed that managed system can come cheap (yes if you have the skill and time it is cheap).
    Some basic sysadmin comes with:
    1. system hardening
    2. system optimizing
    3. system monitoring
    4. system analytics
    5. system patching
    as a cycle of BAU (business as usual) process

In a large generic setting, all can be done automatically using bots, but individual managed system is specific to user requirements and there should be a knowledgeable sysadmin who is familiar with your requirements and it is not likely a company would assign a dedicated sysadmin for your specific requirement for a cheap price.

• shahbaz said: I tried photonvps semi dedicated server

You're lucky you have moved: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/17353/psychz-net-yardvps-com-photonvps-com-got-hacked

That has been every webmasters' fear to wake up one day seeing his/her site got hacked.

• It maybe easier to take an unmanaged server and then hire a server admin or use an admin service. There are plenty of US based, smart sysadmins who will give you a flat price service per month.