Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting hosting service with dedicated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Starting hosting service with dedicated

edited November 2013 in Help

l'll build little hosting/reseller service with dedicated USA dc base

i see 3 provider here who give good price (ovh, vd, datashack)

->OVH with PE 1 Intel i3 + cPanel license: $49

->VD with Xeon E5540 + cPanel license: $84.95

->datashack with AMD Phenom II RAM 8 gb : $30 without cpanel license

l'll starting on this week (or end of this month) and l'll pay month by month, my budget monthly -/+ $50/m.

and suggest with providers up there, or maybe any provider have offer like that?

Thx before

Comments

• Think seriously before you launch the service...

Do you have the skills to deal with the support?

Can you run the servers for a while without revenue coming in from new sales?

Do you have a business plan?

What makes your service different?

• @wych yes i know, i think i must "learning by doing" about that.

to be honestly, at this time i running hosting service with vps (with my country dc).

by the way, thx for your suggestion

• I wouldnt run vps off a dedicated server. If your provider decides to unplug your server's internet... it might be a while of downtime for all your clients.

• @MassNodes it's fresh server install sir, no problem with clients and down time

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@mindofemanizer said:
    MassNodes it's fresh server install sir, no problem with clients and down time

Ha!

What if your server has a hardware problem? No doubt you are provisioning spare hardware so you can stay within your SLA...

• MassNodesMassNodes Member
    edited November 2013

@raindog308 said:
    What if your server has a hardware problem? No doubt you are provisioning spare hardware so you can stay within your SLA...

@mindofemanizer said:
    MassNodes it's fresh server install sir, no problem with clients and down time

It had nothing to do with hardware or anything. What if one of your clients sends out a bunch of emails or decides to UDP flood another host... Your servers were be throw offline by the automated rules on OVH/Datashack's network. This isn't a solution you want when your running VPS. You want deal with it yourself instead of downtime until you comply...

• @mindofemanizer start with DataShack with the Phenom CPU, install OpenVZ and assign all the resources 6GB ram wan 1GB vswap to your VPS, buy a license for CPanel VPS edition.

Get another cheap dedicated and RSYNC your customers data to it (no panel, only apache with nginx manually configured) and get a couple of VPS to use as a mail relay for your cpanel server.

You protect your customers data and add a small layer against spam customers.

If a customer send's spam, terminate him. Only one warning, next time they do it again terminate their contract.

• @mindofemanizer what country are you from ?

• @thekreek thx for great idea sir,

at this time (my running server with cpanel) i limit email 25 email per domain/hour..so far so good until now

thekreek said: If a customer send's spam, terminate him. Only one warning, next time they do it again terminate their contract.

nice idea sir

vRozenSch00n said: vRozenSch00n

i'm from indonesia, and you?

• ga jauh dari sana pak (bekasi)

• Jakarta (thread absen kan?)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • DalComp said: DalComp

okay sir..

gimme suggest about my thread please

• MassNodes said: I wouldnt run vps off a dedicated server. If your provider decides to unplug your server's internet... it might be a while of downtime for all your clients.

You know all VPSes are run on dedicated servers? Where else would you run a VPS? Inside another VPS? Even if you have a HA cluster(cloud), you are still running it from somewhere, from some dedicated server. If the provider decides to unplug the server's internet, it always means downtime for the clients as well. You can't just run a VPS in the air, you need hardware servers.

• @DalComp said:
    Jakarta (thread absen kan?)

Bali juga disini. Nice 2 see u all of guy over here

• edited November 2013

dhamaniasad said: You know all VPSes are run on dedicated servers?

yes i know that,

I am not going to run vps in vps (or dedicated),

I just plan to buy a dedicated, then install cpanel (dedicated license) + CSF

for backup client data , maybe i'll use vps from backupsy

Kyn_DH said: Kyn_DH

hallo beli

• Dini konyange becik becik, ken ken kabare

• edited November 2013

Kyn_DH said: Kyn_DH

apa itu artinya beli (aku bukan orang bali soalnya heheh)

• I would go with DS, too bad you missed the first deal which for $49 you get the sex core with 16GB of ram and 2 TB disk..

with DS you will get 1 Gbit port and free directadmin.. just install proxmox and do cPanel on one VPS and Directadmin on another that way you can offer two services at different pricepoint, and with proxmox it's easy to back up your VPS so if something goes wrong you just restore from a backup image..

Also as thekreek mentioned if you get a VPS license for cPanel it would be cheaper then a dedi license, probably around $15/mo compared to $35/mo give or take.

• Disini semuanya baik baik, apa kabar

So do I, im from UK but live in bali for now and stand for some work and business overhere... Is everybody love it here work is holiday arround beach and fantastic culture

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • Whatever you do don't go for OVH PE1 they only give you 1 IP.. you can't upgrade that. at least go for KS server which gives you a total of 4 IP's and extra drive for $10/mo more, but I would just stay away from OVH cause of the limited IP.

wholesale is also good same company as DS.

https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

• @earl wow thx for suggest and info, sir

• great work good job, how long are you gonna do this service ?

• @mindofemanizer said:
    earl wow thx for suggest and info, sir

No prob..

I also recommend you getting more than 1 drive if not for RAID at least in proxmox the drives could work independently of each other, so you can install cPanel on the first drive then directadmin on the second so you wont get I/O problems if one service is being abused the other wont be effected.

• edited November 2013

D_XTREME said: great work good job, how long are you gonna do this service ?

I'll do this as long as I am able, and dreamed big in this business ... although I start with small steps

• Better yet if you want to start small wait for Black friday and pick up a reseller account..

I had a reseller account with turnkey internet a while back and for $11.48/mo it comes with WHMCS, 200GB disk, 5TB BW, 3 dedicated IP's, Softaculous, Fantastico, unlimited whitelabel enduser support and a free SSL.. The node I was on had something crazy like 24 or 48 CPU cores..

Too bad this year you have to pay annually to get the discount, not that I'm recommending turnkeyinternet cause their spam policy is somewhat strict, something crazy like $250 per IP if you blacklist their IP, but I'm sure there is other companies out there like hostgator etc..

This was the deal:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1152572

• earl said: Better yet if you want to start small wait for Black friday and pick up a reseller account..

ok sir

• @earl said: Whatever you do don't go for OVH PE1 they only give you 1 IP.. you can't upgrade that. at least go for KS server which gives you a total of 4 IP's and extra drive for $10/mo more, but I would just stay away from OVH cause of the limited IP.

>

wholesale is also good same company as DS.

https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

Except that, same as OVH, Datashack/Wholesale Internet both charge an arm and a leg for extra IPv4's.

• MassNodes said: If your provider decides to unplug your server's internet... it might be a while of downtime for all your clients.

raindog308 said: What if your server has a hardware problem?

What is your server catches fire?
    What is a technician switches of your server?
    What if they take the HDD out of your dedicted server?
    You guys make me laugh :)

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited November 2013

mindofemanizer said: i'm from indonesia, and you?

Very close to you ;)
    I'm 50% Mataram, 25% Dutch, 25% Chinese, now live in Benteng area.