Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheap vps annually for a basic torrent
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheap vps annually for a basic torrent

lelewkulelewku Member
edited November 2013 in Help

i need a price $35 USD/year (edited it was $25 before, but i am willing for $35) or below that allow basic torrent, what i mean by basic torrent is just download torrent and when it's done, i will stop it immediately from seeding and will remove the file within 1 day, so it saves bandwidth, basically just 4-5 torrents download per week, hdd space 20GB below is fine with me, but hopefully with at least 256MB RAM or more

Comments

• That's like $2 a month, I doubt you'll be able to find a lowend VPS for that low of a price, good luck though!

• US location, SEA or ATL, Ramnode 128M OpenVZ annually can do it, just throttle the speed to 20Mbps total to comply with ToS...

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

Hi!

In Hungary, downloads of video or music is legal for personal usage.

• @charlie said:
    Hi!

I'm not sure how's that's contributing, but the same applies for Music in Canada.

• @JerryHou said:
    US location, SEA or ATL, Ramnode 128M OpenVZ annually can do it, just throttle the speed to 20Mbps total to comply with ToS...

what is the website?

• @charlie said:
    Hi!

what is the price and specs?

• These threads pop up too often. You shouldn't use a VPS for torrents, you don't need to. If all you need to do is download torrents, use a seedbox, meggafast.com has nice ones, you'll get more bandwidth and disk space(most of the time, or atleast with the aforementioned provider).

• @dhamaniasad said:
    These threads pop up too often. You shouldn't use a VPS for torrents, you don't need to. If all you need to do is download torrents, use a seedbox, meggafast.com has nice ones, you'll get more bandwidth and disk space(most of the time, or atleast with the aforementioned provider).

i need an all in one VPS and i do state i dont frequently download torrent, just 4 to 5 downloads per week, if i had a vps i wont even use a web-based client, i like torrenting from shell, screen + rtorrent

• @lelewku said:
    i need an all in one VPS and i do state i dont frequently download torrent, just 4 to 5 downloads per week, if i had a vps i wont even use a web-based client, i like torrenting from shell, screen + rtorrent

If you plan on using the VPS for anything important, you shouldn't run torrents on it by the side. You would end up getting the IP blacklisted. But if you do want a VPS, use RamNode in Netherlands.

• xen 512MB Dedicated ram 1GB swap, 20GB space 1500GB bandwidth is this enough for you ?i think this will be the best VPS for you ?

• sorry i forgot to add the price per month 4USD that means 48USD ? how is it ?

• @lelewku said:
    i need a price $35 USD/year (edited it was $25 before, but i am willing for $35) or below that allow basic torrent, what i mean by basic torrent is just download torrent and when it's done, i will stop it immediately from seeding and will remove the file within 1 day, so it saves bandwidth, basically just 4-5 torrents download per week, hdd space 20GB below is fine with me, but hopefully with at least 256MB RAM or more

You don't need to spend $35 for this, this can be easily achieved with a $15 128MB OpenVZ RamNode or INIZ vps.

If you are OK with US location, go for RamNode. Torrents are prohibited at their NL location. http://www.ramnode.com/ Use Promo Code: WOWNUM1 to get 38% recurring discount on their offers.

If you want NL location, go for INIZ. http://lowendbox.com/blog/iniz-yearly-deals-and-more-25year-1gb-vps-amsterdam-ny-and-la/

Use debian minimal with deluge.

• JerryHouJerryHou Member
    edited November 2013

@lelewku said:
    what is the website?

https://clientarea.ramnode.com/cart.php?gid=11
    this is the plan I was talking about.

If you like my input, you can use my my referral link to sign up.

• i was first to think about that 1GB $25 year but it is out of stock, then i view the 256mb $15 year but i was confused wether it is pound sterling or USD ?