Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus One Year Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus One Year Review

badpatrickbadpatrick Member
edited November 2013 in Reviews

After several years of hosting my personal sites on shared hosting I decided to try out a VPS service. I found LEB/LET by chance and saw an offer posted by Prometeus and without knowing much about them, I signed up. They are my first and longest lasting VPS service and I absolutely love it.

Plans: I started off with their VZSSD7 plan at $6.90 month USD after 40 percent coupon. Several months ago I upgraded to their VZSSD9 plan and they allowed me to keep my 40% discount so I'm paying $13.20 per month.

Promised Specs of VZSSD9: 4cpu, 35GB SSD, 2GB Ram, 4TB Bandwidth, 1 IPv4, 4 IPv6.

Stability: Fantastic. They are well known here on LET for their stability and my experience with them has truly been flawless. It works and it just keeps on working. Current up time is almost 24 days because of me restarting the VPS.

Support: During my year I have opened a few tickets. 1) I needed help installing software and was pointed in the right direction. 2) I asked for my service to be upgraded. 3) I had a question on their TOS and asked if I could upload certain material. All tickets were handled professionally and quickly by "John". Support gets an A+

Overall: I'm obviously extremely happy with my service and I look forward to another year with them. If you are looking for a service that is known for being reliable and stress free I highly recommend Prometeus!

Quick Stats:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.86876 s, 374 MB/s

wget -O /dev/null http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test --2013-11-24 22:50:05-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 158.58.172.129 Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|158.58.172.129|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream] Saving to: â/dev/nullâ 100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 77.1M/s in 1.3s

Comments

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Thank you for the review, really appreciated :-)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

"John" thanks you too :)

• M = John right? Hehe.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @Maounique you should have chosen "Mike" or something else with "M" :)

And +1 for prometeus, my VPS with them has been working fine since day one.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Best box ever. Great support too.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • edited November 2013

I've been with Prometeus since 2012, and all I can say is, "Super" :)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • thanks to Uncle and team for such a great service.

Never raised a support ticket since I never needed to.. :)

Thanked by 1Maounique
    edited November 2013

@rds100 said:
    Maounique you should have chosen "Mike" or something else with "M" :)

Well, this was meant as a joke. I was not sure Uncle would seriously consider a long term cooperation with someone he knew nothing about, actually was sure it will fail given his views about romanians.
    The joke was that I was sure I will receive a Dear John letter after a couple of days so I choose this name to be very close to the title :) This is also why it became public only a few weeks after we had an agreement when we were fairly sure it will hold.
    This name implies nothing, has absolutely no connection with me and uncle doesnt even know how I look. We do business through proxies (our respective companies), those are legal entities registered in EU, it should be enough :)

Thanked by 1Zen

@Zen said:
    Good old fashioned trust, no way!?

Yep, there was a time when people trusted each other and that trust made things move.
    There was a time when the scammer was not considered a clever guy that outsmarted the stupid old-timer, but shunned from the community and nobody ever wanted to know him. Today they are recruited by big corporations to scam on an industrial scale at an "industrial" salary...

• Hm.. Jon replied me in a short text for each Ticket I sent, not like Maounique in here, which is usually type in a looong text :p

So, is that really you?

Well, our customers are more intelligent than theirs, they understand things on the spot dont need a lot of explanation :)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • edited November 2013

Hehe.. thanks then. Next time, I will directly sent a message to you M :D