Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net's payment policy, no customer freedom?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net's payment policy, no customer freedom?

I signed up for the 9.99€ from online.net
They took a paypal agreement which I thought was a subscription but it wasn't.
Then the next day or maybe 2 days after(as I did not have much experience with their billing console) I wanted to order another 29.99€ only if there was an option for more RAM and HDD which wasn't there but my order got placed(surprisingly I wasn't redirected to paypal, neither was there a confirmation that you are going to be charged this amount from your paypal, which is the first time I came to know some feature like this exists on paypal) and services got delivered as there were no options for the customization of the server.
I did not really appreciate it but nevermind as it was my fault.
Yet another policy of theirs which states 'you need to cancel your server before 20th of previous month to avoid being charged for the next month too'.
This was extremely weird for me, as I cancelled the service today on 21st. My server shows terminated right now but I was still anyway going to be charged 29.99€ for the next month.
Now i just have the 9.99€ server with me. To avoid getting the charge of I opened my paypal and cancelled the agreement. Instantly my other 9.99€ server also got terminated.
Now both my servers are terminated and I cannot use them for the duration they have been paid for.

I'd just say, if you're going to be using online.net just be careful about their payment policy, since most of us here are used to WHMCS's billing method where we're free to come and go as we please and which is fair enough.

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2013

Well, Amazon's cloud is free until you find out you have to pay overage fees.
    Also some WHMCS people also use this kind of policies, some block your account at the first late invoice and kill all services, whether paid or not, same as some DCs are doing.
    So, make sure you read the terms.

• Maounique said: Well, Amazon's cloud is free until you find out you have to pay overage fees.

Also some WHMCS people also use this kind of policies, some block your account at the first late invoice and kill all services, whether paid or not, same as some DCs are doing.
    So, make sure you read the terms.

That is not my point. Its just like a customer submits you cancellation request 10 days before his service expiry and wants to cancel the service at the end of billing cycle. Do you cancel his service there and then, for the duration he has paid for.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

What i mean is that I have seen worse. Many people here are used with good and fair treatment, but big companies do not care most of the time for their low end cheap offers, those are only there to attract customers. Once that is done and the customer wishes to leave instead of upgrade anything goes.
    I am not saying everyone does that, but it is pretty regular.

• @Maounique said:
    Well, Amazon's cloud is free until you find out you have to pay overage fees.

Which Amazon cloud am I missing? because they have charged me plenty in the past for all of my instances.

http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/#pricing

• javajjavaj Member
    edited November 2013

@DalComp

Ahaa, I get... free micro for the first year to new members... unfortunately I was already an old member when they started passing that out.