Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any VPS Dime reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any VPS Dime reviews?

Hello,

any reviews? I can't find any, partly because the service is relatively new. I guess what I'm asking is if it's safe to run a commercial (something other than your blog nobody ever reads) website on one of these? @serverian is so busy lately I can't help but to think the bubble is about to burst anytime soon. It all sounds too good to be true and you know if it looks like...

Comments

• albertdbalbertdb Member
    edited November 2013

Works well. Can't complain.

• @albertdb what kind of website do you run on the VM? How much load is permitted?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@kontam I got 2 of their 6Gb packages built into 1 VM and it was a total beast. Their network is fast and stable, and the IO sits at about 350-400 MB/s

• I've had a VPS there for about a month and a half now and have no complaints. I haven't seen any downtime yet, the network has been pretty fast, and you can't beat the specs for the price. A friend of mine has had one as well for about the same amount of time and gushes over it to me frequently.

• I've got the 512 package, as I have no need for 6GB of ram, works great. Only negative is lack of IPv6, but that's more of an Incero problem.

• I have one vps with them as well.Network is very fast uptime is 100% but you should also know that they reboot your vps if vps load goes >2 .So if are OK with it go with vpsdime.

• @shawn123 thanks for telling me that, that's the kind of stuff I need to know.

• @shawn123 said:
    I have one vps with them as well.Network is very fast uptime is 100% but you should also know that they reboot your vps if vps load goes >2 .So if are OK with it go with vpsdime.

We allow 2 hours of load 2 and 1 hour of load 4

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I've had 100% uptime with VPSDime, network is always fast and so are the disks. Not one complaint

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@serverian said:

If I have two VM's then, this calculation will be calculated 2x? 4 hours of Load 2 & 2 Hours of Load 4? :D

• @ehostlab said:
    If I have two VM's then, this calculation will be calculated 2x? 4 hours of Load 2 & 2 Hours of Load 4? :D

Still same :)

• I have a VPSDime review here.
    I'm still very happy with the service.

@serverian said:

Your package has 4 vCPU cores. So, Load of 4 should be Normal. But, you will reboot it after 1 hour. :/

• @ehostlab said:
    Your package has 4 vCPU cores. So, Load of 4 should be Normal. But, you will reboot it after 1 hour. :/

Load 4 means you use 4 cores of total 24 cores on the server. That way, a provider can only sell 6 VPS on a Dual E5 2620 server which makes $42/month income. Makes sense to you?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@serverian said:

TBH it is not exactly like that, but I know what you mean.
    Our OVerZold is currently limited by CPU, there is still ram on the 128 MB ones as well as disk space.
    With bigger servers you will have even more left unsold due to CPU constraints.
    If I were to start over with OVerZold would get massive 12 cores opterons, 4 of them and 384 upgradable to 512 GB ram.

• serverian said: We allow 2 hours of load 2 and 1 hour of load 4

So, If I have 2 hours load of 2, the next 10 minutes load of 0.1 and then, another 2 hours load of 2, that would be OK? Or is there a time limit between tho periods of high load?

• @serverian said:
    That way, a provider can only sell 6 VPS on a Dual E5 2620 server which makes $42/month income. Makes sense to you?

It's not all about money. (You'll get the reference :p)

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited November 2013

That way, a provider can only sell 6 VPS on a Dual E5 2620 server which makes $42/month income. Makes sense to you?

Makes perfect sense to me and it's actually an ingenious plan to maximize returns from a single node. By only selling 6 VPS per node and keeping his monthly income down to $42 gross the provider would be able to qualify for a net $1K-$2K worth of monthly government benefits (food, housing, healthcare, etc.) which is more than the average low end provider nets from a node.

Thanked by 2Maounique rds100

Here I would qualify for 100 $ or less :P

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@kontam said:
    Hello,

any reviews? I can't find any, partly because the service is relatively new. I guess what I'm asking is if it's safe to run a commercial (something other than your blog nobody ever reads) website on one of these? serverian is so busy lately I can't help but to think the bubble is about to burst anytime soon. It all sounds too good to be true and you know if it looks like...

He's been doing this for a good bit longer than he's been around LEB/LET. He works hard.

@jarland said:
    He's been doing this for a good bit longer than he's been around LEB/LET. He works hard.

Yeah, I have a great admiration for people that can do a lot in a short time. Uncle and Oktay are some of them.

@serverian said:

If you are calculating like this, then you should provide XEN. OpenVZ is not for you I think as you are not in thinking about Overselling !

• ertiop93ertiop93 Member
    edited February 2014

@serverian said:

But would that be justified??
    The only thing one could do, when the load increases is to purchase a second unit but do you just want him to move away ?? What may he resort to in case the load increases later ?
    IMHO adding units should also increase the limits..

• Do they support rDNS, anyone knows?

• berkayberkay Member
    edited February 2014

Okay, thanks for the heads up.

• @Zen said:
    We do.

How's IPv6 coming? Otkay tells me the allocation is ready but he's been too lazy to code it. Tell him to get off his ass, VPSD & Backupsy are my only non-IPv6 VPSes and I'd really like to change that.

• I've got a dinky little 128MB RAM VPS with them. No issues whatsoever, 100% up time so far - tickets get responded to almost immediately and they're very fast and efficient.

+-3 months usage so far.

Would recommend.

• brelezbrelez Member
    edited August 2017

they are cheap but server goes down on any heavy load. I guess they are overselling.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@brelez said:
    they are cheap but server goes down on any heavy load. I guess they are overselling.

Any proof?
    VPSDime is one of the best vps provider here. My VPS with them is rock solid.

• proof

It's a necro and he signed up 10 minutes ago. Whiff of an agenda.

Thanked by 1WSS