Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shardhost Info - Urgent Client Action - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shardhost Info - Urgent Client Action

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:
    And this folks is why the notion that registered companies are more trust worthy baffles me, they wind up the company and boom, gone and untouchable, a sole trader on the other hand...

...disappear off the face of the earth.

• @calle said:
    A year...

I think it is .com they are talking about right? o_o

• @EphemeralEclipse said:
    I think it is .com they are talking about right? o_o

It is. Im just really sleepy and read the title of the thread wrong.

I got the same mail so i think will lose that box :(

• LESLES Member
    edited November 2013

DrJinglesMD said: Yay! I can't even fucking take a backup.

WHMCS is in Maintenance modus. Domain annualkvm.com already parked.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2013

@Spirit said:

Is that a request?

Side note if this is a wind up they are required to notify all creditors within (I think) 30 days.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

VPS down, that was fast....

• callecalle Member
    edited November 2013

@Infinity580 said:
    VPS down, that was fast....

confirmed

I feel sorry for everyone who didn't have time to pull the data (or did not keep proper backups.)

• We should have a list of the owner, address, company, picture, and pet, when a bussines comes to offer services.

so if bussines fail, you can have a WALL OF SHAME, so nobody can fall on their shit, even if the person/company is involved, maybe in 2 months they come back with another name.

Maybe the admins should request that info before they post an offer.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013

I will create a website for this, have already got a doamin. Gimme 10 minutes.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited November 2013

But that would take all the fun out of the lowenddance :)

PS: I'm down in Dallas :(

• Just a reminder that CVPS has never done anything like this.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

I have contacted Sarah to see if I can be of any help to help clients stay online. Will see if she responds.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

A coincidence, but the Gravatar looks so happy :)

• Wow! 50 minutes after the... "short notice", vps disappeared! Oh, boy, that was short! Well, even if anybody saw that immediately and started taking backup, there were no time to complete and do the move! They was hosted in cc datacenter. I think, jbiloh shoud give us some more details, because some of the readers of LEB did buy yearly offers just some days ago. The offers posted here and in LEB and the datacenter of those offers is ColoCrossing (the owners of LEB/LET).

• Businesses fail, they provided good service while they were up and something catastrophic has happened to them.

Sucks if you bought a multi-month plan but give them a chance to make it right before we burn them at the stake. If they fail to make it right then let the hunt begin...

• Well that fucking sucks, didn't even have time to pull down an updated backup, bollocks.

• is the site shardhost.com??

Down for Maintenance (Err 3)

• @dedicados said:
    is the site shardhost.com??

Down for Maintenance (Err 3)

Yepp it looks like it. got the same mail.

• I was in the middle of creating sql dump.. lol

• @sleddog said:

PS: I'm down in Dallas :(

I'm down too but my Dallas slave DNS server will be back online very soon :)

Your Virtual Private Server is ready
    Inbox
        x
    Prometeus
  • My two VPS with them also went down.

It's kinda crazy:
    20:34 invoice payment

20:54 urgent email.

21:40 everything went down.

I have opened paypal dispute and you know they have responded very quickly.

• Appears they got a few companies, Shard Gaming being quite newly registered.

Has anybody managed to get access to backups at all?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Yup, 1:40pm down as my monitor tracker. Damn, it was a production server :/

• A bit of topic, but a paypal dispute has to be filed about 30 days after you did the payment right? but if i only get 6 months out of a year contract should don't that count as the service was not delivered?

• If the plug was pulled for non-payment i believe @jbiloh should be able to tell us. If it was for another reason, like the FBI knocking on the door and taking the servers - i don't know.

• @calle said:
    A bit of topic, but a paypal dispute has to be filed about 30 days after you did the payment right? but if i only get 6 months out of a year contract should don't that count as the service was not delivered?

There's no option in your paypal account to open dispute anymore.

• alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited November 2013

@calle said:
    A bit of topic, but a paypal dispute has to be filed about 30 days after you did the payment right? but if i only get 6 months out of a year contract should don't that count as the service was not delivered?

From PayPal:

Resolution Center - Open a dispute

Have a problem with a transaction? We encourage you to contact the seller directly

by opening a dispute in the Resolution Center within 45 calendar days of payment.

• Right, Paypal dispute's in. It's only a few quid, but given the way they've shat on customers, it's the principle that matters.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

It cant be for none payment, you know you don't have enough money more than an hour before the bill is due.