Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DepotVPS Announces First Brand - TinyOpenVZ - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DepotVPS Announces First Brand - TinyOpenVZ

Comments

• Steve81Steve81 Member
    edited March 2012

@Jacob said: @Prometeus You should of held it and demanded a $500 Release Fee, But maybe that's just me. ;)

Well, he can demand ransom for tinyovz.com and tinyovz.net :)

At least Shane bought 1 domain before the post (or during, maybe?): tinyopenvz.net

• @prometeus said: I've no problems here,

It wasn't about you in the first place. i was telling about the acceptance tests new providers have to pass. read my post again. ;)

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@Steve81 said: At least shame bought 1 domain before the post (or during, maybe?): tinyopenvz.net

He learned the lesson ;)

@Steve81 said: Well, he can blackmail for tinyovz.com and tinyovz.net

He showed also this name and had no choice :)

@peppr said: It wasn't about you in the first place. i was telling about the acceptance tests new providers have to pass. read my post again.

I got it, but I wanted to make clear it for everyone. Time to refill that glass of wine :)

• @prometeus said: Time to refill that glass of wine :)

Just like a car, a computer should not be operated while under the influence.

• @miTgiB said: Just like a car, a computer should not be operated while under the influence.

You'll endup DDOSing someone?

• kalamkalam Member

Your best move was realizing that you aren't ready. Also about the domain grabbing and what not, that is why I only bounce domain name ideas off my family members and close friends, because I know they won't ninja it.

@miTgiB said: Just like a car, a computer should not be operated while under the influence.

I type better after a few drinks, I swear. :P

@miTgiB said: Just like a car, a computer should not be operated while under the influence.

I've read in one of your posts that you stop drinking alcohol ages ago, I respect your choice. But the enjoiment of one bottle of good wine a week that I share on weekends with my wife is something I would never give up :)
    My computer goes with autopilot...

Thanked by 1Liam
  • @kalam said: Your best move was realizing that you aren't ready. Also about the domain grabbing and what not, that is why I only bounce domain name ideas off my family members and close friends, because I know they won't ninja it.

Especially when most registrars are having uber cheap .com deals right now.

• vedranvedran Veteran

This looks like Constantinos' business model >_> No offense @DepotVPS_Shane.

• @prometeus said: But the enjoiment of one bottle of good wine a week that I share on weekends with my wife is something I would never give up :)

I never said you, or anyone, should give it up, and while I do not drink or do drugs, I fully support full legalization of all, as it is a personal choice, we don't need our Government being our nanny.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@miTgiB said: I never said you, or anyone, should give it up, and while I do not drink or do drugs, I fully support full legalization of all, as it is a personal choice, we don't need our Government being our nanny.

Exactly like you, I never drunk nor did drugs, but I also support the legalization because:
    1. The "war on drugs" failed hard and is likely to continue to support international crime and wars;
    2. Who wants to kill himself will do a better and faster job with an OD than with alcohol and will also cost less the society (and will suffer less);
    3. I have the right to happiness but also the right to fail hard in achieving it, "happiness by force" is impossible, nobody should force me to do or not do something that doesnt harm another, etc.
    As such I opose the right of "society" and church to decide when I have the right to die, when I should give birth and what I can eat, drink, smoke or inject as long as nobody else is harmed (I agree smoking in public closed spaces should be banned for that reason, not everyone has a choice in being there or not).
    M

• I totally agree miTgiB. When something made illegal more people seem to want to do it just because it isn't allowed

• This topic has been steered way off-course.

Thanked by 1JTR
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@miTgiB said: I never said you, or anyone, should give it up, and while I do not drink or do drugs, I fully support full legalization of all, as it is a personal choice, we don't need our Government being our nanny.

Portugal did this 10 years ago and their drug usage dropped as they helped people get off it that wanted to, instead of just throwing them in jail.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Liam
  • Yeah, irresponsible parents should know it's legal to do meth infront of their kids. If it's legal to do drugs then on what basis will the kids be removed from their careless parents' "guidance"? If they made it legal, they might have to make new laws like "Don't drive after snorting 7 lines of coke." but if you're still conscious after that I'm pretty sure you won't care what the law says and you may drive anyway. People are proven to do reckless things when under the affects of mind-altering substances.

My friend once told me "I'm 18 I can go die in a war but I can't drink?! This is bullshit." and I told him that it's one thing to be a trained soldier pointing a gun at the enemy and another thing to be out of your right mind driving 90mph on a sidewalk. Maybe you should specify what drugs you meant, @miTgiB.

• @Naruto said: Maybe you should specify what drugs you meant,

Does it matter? Or do you still think imposing your will on others is right?

• NarutoNaruto Member
    edited March 2012

@miTgiB said: Does it matter? Or do you still think imposing your will on others is right?

Whoa. Where did that come from? Are you mad at me because I disagree with your statement "I fully support full legalization of all, as it is a personal choice, we don't need our Government being our nanny"?

And to answer your question I think it does matter if you want people to understand what you meant. There are a lot of things that people can do as a personal choice that happens to affect others.

• @Naruto said: There are a lot of things that people can do as a personal choice that happens to affect others.

Drinking being one of them, when someone invokes that choice and affects others, there are consequences to that action. Why would/should that be any different with drugs? In the US, marijuana and cocaine were only included while playing to the bigotry of southerners and "drug-crazed" Negroes were invulnerable to .32 caliber bullets and more susceptible to rape white women, or in western states, Chinese immigrants would lure your daughters into opium dens. The reality of opium being included during the temperance movements was only to gain favor with China to open their markets to the US, which were basically closed to anyone but the British East India Company.

Don't fail to make an informed opinion by trusting misguided fiction passed off as fact. Keeping drugs illegal is in the best interest of drug lords, pharmaceutical companies, and law enforcement.

• I'm for legalization because like @miTgiB I don't think governments should be able to control this aspect of someone's life. If they want to fuck their life up, LET THEM DO IT. I don't want my tax money paying for some adult to sit in prison because he smoked some weed.

I'm for regulation though, I think there should be high taxes on sold drugs, laws allowing businesses to deny someone employment based off of their (now legal) drug use, etc.

• What if they develop health issues from drugs? Or the actions they did while under the influence? Then they'd be on Social Security.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited March 2012

@Naruto said: What if they develop health issues from drugs? Or the actions they did while under the influence? Then they'd be on Social Security.

They'd be on social security if they meet the requirements of it. As far as disability goes, simply exclude people whose issues are formed because of drugs, etc.

If you're talking about welfare and medicaid, those programs need to be eliminated regardless of the legalization of drugs. They're horrible for this country, and cost way too much.

• @Naruto said: What if they develop health issues from drugs?

You really need to educate yourself before trying to enter this debate, and keep in mind, alcohol is a drug as well.

• Ok, here is what I am doing:

Giving myself at least 2 weeks to launch my brand. I will work on my site, brand and such so it isn't a "fly by night" provider that shuts down soon.

• @DepotVPS_Shane said: Ok, here is what I am doing:

Giving myself at least 2 weeks to launch my brand. I will work on my site, brand and such so it isn't a "fly by night" provider that shuts down soon.

Just so you know, that doesn't instill any more confidence in your ability to maintain a hosting company.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited March 2012

@DepotVPS_Shane said: Giving myself at least 2 weeks to launch my brand. I will work on my site, brand and such so it isn't a "fly by night" provider that shuts down soon.

Theres allot more responsibility needed than to just open up as a service provider. I firstly suggest that you register with the SOS at least so you are personally separated from liability. Basic business plan including a reserve fund of your basic operating costs for at least 12 months... and whatever other diligence is required to properly serve your customers.

I could go on for a while but you need to slow down and take some basic steps right now to get ready for opening up, operating, and selling.

• At the very least he's planning things out which is the first step towards success. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail...

• @Kairus said: If you're talking about welfare and medicaid, those programs need to be eliminated regardless of the legalization of drugs. They're horrible for this country, and cost way too much.

Not sure if serious

• @DepotVPS_Shane Don't let the members here let you down, it's your life, do what you desire.. Just do what you think would be better is all I can say.

Thanked by 1Amfy
  • gsxgsx Member

@DepotVPS_Shane Before starting a business, you need to put considerable time and effort into planning. After all, something like 50% of small businesses fail within the first five years. If you are a 16 (aka a minor) in the US, then you cannot legally start a business. You will need a parent's assistance, but they will also assume the liability.

I'm not saying that its not possible to start a business as a minor: I started a web design business when I was your age (granted that web design requires almost no capital) and at the time I made a mint. You just need to take your time and not jump into the pool.