Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget VPS located in India - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budget VPS located in India

2»

Comments

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@joelgm said:

This - http://telecomadda.com/2013/01/03/bandwidth-in-india-to-become-more-cheaper-from-jan1/ - should have helped drop bandwidth charges by 30-50% in Jan 2013, but TATA got a court order stay on it and I guess it will drag on till mid-end next year.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited November 2013

@leapswitch said:
    This - http://telecomadda.com/2013/01/03/bandwidth-in-india-to-become-more-cheaper-from-jan1/ - should have helped drop bandwidth charges by 30-50% in Jan 2013, but TATA got a court order stay on it and I guess it will drag on till mid-end next year.

Cheaper...maybe. But when are we actually going to get a faster internet connection like Gigabit or 10 Gbit? I dont think the infrastructure is here yet.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

By god, who writes there ? Every second word is starting with a capital letter on rules that escape me. Even my English is better.

• @Maounique said:
    By god, who writes there ? Every second word is starting with a capital letter on rules that escape me. Even my English is better.

Ha ha.. welcome to the wonderful world of Indian english. Sigh.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@joelgm said:
    Cheaper...maybe. But when are we actually going to get a faster internet connection like Gigabit or 10 Gbit? I dont think the infrastructure is here yet.

It is linked with the cable access charges. There is multiple Tbps of capacity lying unused on the dozen or so cables linking India to the world.

But Indian ISPs have to pay TATA/Airtel more than 0.5M $ per year per 10Gbps circuit as access charge, and around the same amount for the actual bandwidth. Once this charge goes to $10K per year as directed by GoI , we should see faster connections and lower prices.

This is a really good blog post - http://blog.buysellbandwidth.com/free-advice-to-the-government-of-india/

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

This reminds me of the Romtelecom monopoly on internet in romania, they made some good money I was paying some 100 $ for 4 K around 1998, but that meant their doom too, many people build neighbourhood nets, from these ISPs emerged and they interconnected and in the end brought lines from outside directly, so Romtelecom was screwed. Even if now they offer decent service at a decent price, are still losing customers, there is so much competition around. You just need to motivate the people with bad service and big prices.
    However, Romania didnt have to get undersea cables...

• Free Of Charge, something GOI operators don't like.

• There are also very few well known DC, and some good ones are going unused due to lack of Advt. or the way they work.
    Few like TATA has DC's at multiple places, then there is Sify, and one or 2 More.

IPv4 price is also quite high,

I came to see BSNL (one of the Biggest ISP of India) offering 100Mbps port speed For About $1300