Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★Free VPS★ 128Mb OpenVZ {Gadgedz} - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★Free VPS★ 128Mb OpenVZ {Gadgedz}

2»

Comments

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited October 2013

Hello I want to know if add a ipv4 to free VPS,how much is it take?How much is the ip fees/mo?

• @Edo said:
    Hello I want to know if add a ipv4 to free VPS,how much is it take?How much is the ip fees/mo?

IPv4 addresses are available for $1/month. They can be ordered from the product addons page, subject to availability. If you decide to place an order for an IP, do raise a ticket or PM me here first, before making the payment

• @dhamaniasad said:
    IPv4 addresses are available for $1/month. They can be ordered from the product addons page, subject to availability. If you decide to place an order for an IP, do raise a ticket or PM me here first, before making the payment

PM.

• @earl - thanks gogo6 was a snap to install on windows and works.

Thanked by 1earl
  • @FrankZ said:
    earl - thanks gogo6 was a snap to install on windows and works.

Good to hear thanks for letting us know..

• @dhamaniasad ok, thanks I wanted to ask about Centos availability... i put the 64bit coz i am used to install that..

Anyways, just put my order :)

• @innoideas said:
    dhamaniasad ok, thanks I wanted to ask about Centos availability... i put the 64bit coz i am used to install that..

Anyways, just put my order :)

CentOS 32 bit is available. If you want, I can add a 64 bit template for you, but can't guarantee it would work.

• @dhamaniasad no need 32bit is just fine for me

• @dhamaniasad - Were you planning on SNAT'ing these vps'es to an IP4 address so they can get out directly on IP4?

• Where is my username and password..IPV6? I don't know how to maintain this. :(

• @jagomaya

"Client Area" -> "My Products & Services" -> "View Details"
    view source (browser ;-) and search "Username/Password"

Then, login with username/password at
    http://manage.gadgedz.com:3000/

• @FrankZ said:
    dhamaniasad - Were you planning on SNAT'ing these vps'es to an IP4 address so they can get out directly on IP4?

The VPSes will be able to communicate with the IPv4 internet via NAT, that's only outgoing traffic, not incoming. Currently not planning on port forwarding.

@jagomaya said:
    Where is my username and password..IPV6? I don't know how to maintain this. :(

Please open a ticket about this.

@amj said:
    jagomaya

"Client Area" -> "My Products & Services" -> "View Details"
    view source (browser ;-) and search "Username/Password"

Then, login with username/password at
    http://manage.gadgedz.com:3000/

That might be another way to do it, sorry for the inconvenience. Once our email is fixed, we will email all the users their IP's, usernames, and passwords, unless you've changed them already.

• i just got spam email from u today more than 50 email

• @mentari said:
    i just got spam email from u today more than 50 email

I responded to your ticket, it was a problem with our cron job, it was accidentally set to be run once every minute. Otherwise, sending those emails costs me money, so I wouldn't send a copy of the same email again and again. It was not under my control, it happened automatically. The problem has now been rectified, sorry for your troubles. If you'd like, I'll cut the setup fee for you.

• So far this is what I have gathered spec wise.

Seems to bounce from 400Mhx to 1400Mhz between tests...

root@pen:/tmp# sudo ./iobench.sh -O -o /dev
    CPU model :  AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  400.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 128 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   3 days, 21:20,
    I/O speed :  60.7 MB/s

CPU frequency :  1400.000 MHz
    I/O speed :  68.5 MB/s

• @Deeeebs said:
    So far this is what I have gathered spec wise.

Seems to bounce from 400Mhx to 1400Mhz between tests...

CPU frequency :  400.000 MHz
    I/O speed :  60.7 MB/s

CPU frequency :  1400.000 MHz
    I/O speed :  68.5 MB/s

The CPU frequency variation is due to built in instructions in the AMD processor. Its similar to turbo boost. In order to save energy, these CPU's automatically scale down the frequency, and when more resources are needed, they scale up.

• interesting.sadly it's out of stock.

• dhamaniasaddhamaniasad Member
    edited December 2013

@challengeke said:
    interesting.sadly it's out of stock.

Yes, we're out of stock on the free VPS as of now. However, if it might interest you, we are running an offer for a 2GB KVM VPS for $4.

• amjamj Member

We are very sorry to announce this, but due to situations not under our control, we are forced to discontinue our free VPS service.

During the past month, we've observed that many of the free VPSes were being abused and used for purposes that are considered illegal and harmful.

As such, we can't continue to run the service. We realize that not all our clients were using the VPSes for wrong purposes, but as a whole, there was more harm being done than good.

All the free VPSes will be terminated within the next 5 days, and you are requested to take a backup before that.

Again, you have our sincerest apologies for any inconvinienve this causes.

To compensate for the trouble this causes, we are giving only our VPS Starter users a coupon code that provides a 15% discount on the first month of service on our KVM1G, KVM2G, and KVM4G plans.

Here's the coupon code : (snip)

With Regards,

Gadgedz

sigh

• I get one from this seller, but It's useless till now they announce of termination of their service suddenly... so sucks.