Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSnowy closing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSnowy closing

birdie25birdie25 Member
edited March 2012 in Providers
Hello birdie25,

This past month has been quite difficult for me, i currently have 9 Clients with a total of 9 VPS's which makes it very difficult to keep HostSnowy.

Recently i received an email from SturdyVPS giving me the option to sell HostSnowy's clients. I have therefore decided to proceed to accept the proposal of SturdyVPS and proceed with selling HostSnowy to SturdyVPS. SturdyVPS will be in contact with you to arrange transfers of your services etc.

I want to thank you for choosing HostSnowy, my sincere apologies for having to sell my company however as the market is getting harder with the economic crisis it is very difficult for me to continue.

Warm Regards,

Constantinos Coudounaris

www.hostsnowy.com

Comments

• What a surprise.

• @rds100 said: What a surprise.

This

• vedranvedran Veteran

I'm shocked.

• Constantinos Coudounaris

Wait, wasn't his name something like Catswin?

Thanked by 1Boltersdriveer
  • affiliated with Hostrail according to this thread http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/28124#Comment_28124

Thanked by 1Asim
  • LMFAO! LET Are never wrong.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2012

@breton said: Wait, wasn't his name something like Catswin?

Only when he skip weekly session with his psychiatrist.

• @birdie25 said: i currently have 9 Clients with a total of 9 VPS's

Nothing like giving up early!

• Constantinos Coudounaris was owner of HostRail (if i remember correctly) and claimed that he had no affiliation with HostSnowy whatsoever.

• HE WILL BE BACK! :P

(but next time he will try to cover his tracks better)

• His next project is HostPuppy

• Rail >> Snowy >> Troll
    HostTroll

• AndriAndri Member

How about the new owner? Anyone have any issue regarding to SturdyVPS?

• Their new i think, but the guy seems to be active on here and WHT.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited March 2012

SturdyVPS is on a buying spree. wat amazes me is they do buy 1 month old company with 9 clients ;)

• @peppr

It was probably a cheap deal. If not their idiots, its all promotion i suppose. But i dont think i would want my company involved in anything Hostfail related.

• u4iau4ia Member

@peppr said: wat amazes me is they do buy 1 month old company with 9 clients ;)

So what's the asking price for that, 37 cents and a pack of gum? :)

• AsimAsim Member

@VMPort said: LMFAO! LET Are never wrong.

haha, so true

• @VMPort said: But i dont think i would want my company involved in anything Hostfail related.

Ditto >_<

• vedranvedran Veteran

@u4ia said: So what's the asking price for that, 37 cents and a pack of gum? :)

I'd say $1 per client, so $9.

• And considering that sturdyvps.com is less than a month old domain... well i don't want to go further.

• @rds100 said: And considering that sturdyvps.com is less than a month old domain... well i don't want to go further.

Hrm, does Sturdyvps have Stan Catswon at the helm ?

• KuroKuro Member

@JoeMerit said: Hrm, does Sturdyvps have Stan Catswon at the helm ?

Appears to be Matthew Houston...

The address in the WHOIS database seems to belong to mailboxuk.com...

• Maybe someone from UK could check if such a company (SturdyVPS) exists in their Chamber of Commerce (or whatever it is called) and who the owners are.

• @rds100 said: Maybe someone from UK could check if such a company (SturdyVPS) exists in their Chamber of Commerce (or whatever it is called) and who the owners are.

It's called Companies House I believe.

• @Kuro said: Appears to be Matthew Houston...

The address in the WHOIS database seems to belong to mailboxuk.com...

Ah, my mistake, its got Matthew Houston at the helm and obviously not Stan Catswon.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2012

I cant find a company# for them nor can i find "SturdyVPS" in the CH Database. Which could mean he is registered as a sole trader, but if he is he is violating a few rules/regs.

No contact address on their website as far as i can see and he is also calling him self the "CEO" which, to the best of my knowledge, is only allowed within a LTD company.

Update
    I have found a contact mailing address

• I think it was a pretty big mistake to associate with Hostsnowy / Hostrail / Constantinos over a measly 9 customers. Now people will always wonder if this new company is just another Constantinos company.

• Why am I not surprised?

• AndriAndri Member
    edited March 2012

@rds100 said: And considering that sturdyvps.com is less than a month old domain... well i don't want to go further.

So, this is why I didn't found any review about them. :| I bought one of their custom box yesterday, tempted by a very cheap offer. And guess what, they doesn't have refund policy.