Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap dedicated
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap dedicated

Anyone knows if is there any providers still selling dedicateds in the 80-90USD/year range?

Comments

• tuguhosttuguhost Member
    edited October 2013

i only know ovh :)

• Get a VPS...

• Near the end of the year usually there are some "Black Friday" specials, "Cyber Monday" speclials, Xmas specials, etc. Or you could just wait until OVH announces their new business plan, maybe they will have something for you.

• never seen one that cheap.. the 4 euro/mo atom server from ovh maybe the closes thing but does not seem it will be restocked anytime soon..

• As others have said, OVH (which doesn't seem to be sustainable) honestly for the cost in power alone it does not make much sense in the dedicated market at these prices. A dedicated resource KVM VPS would probably be much more suitable.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • @volumedrive said:
    As others have said, OVH (which doesn't seem to be sustainable) honestly for the cost in power alone it does not make much sense in the dedicated market at these prices. A dedicated resource KVM VPS would probably be much more suitable.

I really can't see how they can profit on the atom servers at 4 euro a month but maybe it's a loss leader.. I'm sure lots of folks keep going to their site looking to see if the atom is restocked and maybe pick a different server or two while they are at it.. probably cheaper than paying for advertising.

• @earl said:

Just based on EU commercial electricity rates, call the power for an Atom server at 2 - 3 Euros monthly and factor in a ROI on hardware over 3 - 4 months. Maybe and just maybe they are seeing 1 Euro profit on these over a period of time. Its easy to see why these weren't sustainable. Unlike VPS, dedicated has real-world costs that are unavoidable.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@volumedrive and @qps, no one can match them.

other than them, you know who else...

Thanked by 1qps
  • @agentmishra said:
    volumedrive and qps, no one can match them.

OVH, Online.net, Hetzner, Seflow...

• earlearl Member
    edited October 2013

@agentmishra said:
    volumedrive and qps, no one can match them.

>

well of course wholesale and datashack..

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@earl, @joelgm yes offcourse...

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

You guys are missing the "$80-$90/year" range

• @Saiku said:
    You guys are missing the "$80-$90/year" range

even if you calculate $90/yr that is $7.5/mo.. other than OVH atoms I have not seen one..

• :) /year what I missed !

• cloromorphocloromorpho Member
    edited October 2013

This moment the cheapest one is digicube.fr 8 euro/month atom. (Paid annually)
    http://digicube.fr/rapidserveurs/6