Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner + SolusVM + NAT
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner + SolusVM + NAT

KeyJeyKeyJey Member
edited October 2013 in Tutorials

Helo, is there any easy way to configure NAT on a Hetzner server + SolusVM ? We are new with them and we saw config soooo complex and impossible to make this .... any tip ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Set up a Vyatta/Quagga VM to do the routing for you over localhost.

Easiest way to get around their so called 'restriction.'

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • anyone know what provide sell cheap hetzner vps

• LeeLee Veteran

@ZeroCool said:
    anyone know what provide sell cheap hetzner vps

Doubt there are any cheap ones, hetzner limits all servers to a /27 with no exceptions.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

@KeyJey said:
    Helo, is there any easy way to configure NAT on a Hetzner server + SolusVM ? We are new with them and we saw config soooo complex and impossible to make this .... any tip ?

Thanks !

What virtualization technology are you planning to use?

• I know you can use vif route instead of bridge with xen. KVM will require you to set the mac addresses, though.

• tuguhosttuguhost Member
    edited October 2013

@ZeroCool said:
    anyone know what provide sell cheap hetzner vps

you can check vpscreed,
    but i wouldnt recommend them :)

• Sorry, I didn't see your replies ! :(

Yes, I use KVM, and I really would like to protect under NAT some Windows servers, should just be accessible the RDP ports. 3390, 3391, 3392 ....

I had it like this in Proxmox and was very nice. It's very practical and need to implement it. I'm new with Hetzner and Solus.

Thanks !

• @Wintereise should PFSense make the job ? looks easier to me, I'm not really advanced server ! thanks :)

• @BradND it's KVM, even using the MAC, should it work ? Thx!

• helo ?

• KeyJey said: @Wintereise should PFSense make the job ? looks easier to me, I'm not really advanced server ! thanks :)

PFSense does not like the gw being out of subnet, and you'll find yourself having issues adding a route to the /32.

Regardless, vyatta is the preferred go to platform for this. If you're having issues setting it up, go to #vyatta at freenode, and hire an expert to do it for you.

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • Thx wintereise your help. I decided to keep working with proxmox, setup was much easier.