Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you like my VPS panel skin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you like my VPS panel skin

drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi,
I am new here, and i would like to get some feedback on my new vps panel skin.
How do you like it and does it missing something.
Thank you for your feedback.

Comments

• For what it is I like it :D

Definitely unique.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I like it.

• Nice...

Its certainly a change from the Bootstrap based designs!

• I would love to see that in action.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@Sweet I will put working demo here, i need day or two to code everything.

• JerryHouJerryHou Member
    edited October 2013

This is awesome... I'd like to opt in as a beta tester... (but teach me how to apply it first... :P

Core of panel is openvz web panel, i will integrate basic billing with paypal processing, and skin would be like this one, billing, support and vps server controls. I am looking to integrate backup system because i have external backup server so i will try to implement that also. Server reinstall, change root password and clear firewall buttons will be added later. That is plan, now we will see what will i succeed. Also i have external monitoring with observium via snmp, so if i find way to make charkboard graphs that will be realy nice.

edited October 2013

Working demo, working VPS
    http://drserver.net/demo/panel.php
    Server controls are disabled.
    This is first beta

• LeeLee Veteran

drserver.net running on ZPanel?

• @W1V_Lee said:
    drserver.net running on ZPanel?

That's not a good thing.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Reece said:

I know that's why I felt like putting it out there :P

@W1V_Lee yes, simple panel, i dont do web hosting, just a free panel, why ?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2013

Zpanel has long since been proven to be a security distaster as a whole. Best not to use it. But just for a testing platform is probably ok in the short term.

it is running this panel, and other php test projects...

• Once you start offering servers, you will get more attacks on zPanel. A member of LET said he could get root access of every zPanel install and wipe out all data. Perhaps you should start considering other options.

• I just looked at the demo. Are most things really images and everything in html table? This doesn't represent the final product right?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

It could be coded better but I'll chalk it up to being a preview.
    That said, it's fantastically unique :)

@DalComp This is offsite test server, which runs only this interface and test server. I read about remote execution exploit, it is realy big issue, i was unaware of this. Thank you for explanations.

@concerto49 It is rough photoshop sliced template, only table with resources are live code, this is "demonstrator" because ovz web panel has limited api, there is lots of coding to pull for example server stats. Final version will not be sliced like this, to be honest, this demo is more for testing google web font api and loading times.

@shovenoseshovenose it is coded in 2 hours, rough demo, realy rough. It will be like milion code optimizations.

Thank you all for commenting.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Awesome style...

• nice beautiful google fonts

• Great stuff!

• interesting graphics but from this to a cp panel there is the mount everest inbetween

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Am I the only one who doesn't like the style? It's kind of cool but not something I'd want to actually use.

• NickGHNickGH Member
    edited October 2013

shovenose said: It could be coded better but I'll chalk it up to being a preview. That said, it's fantastically unique :)

Dude really? Do you even code? That is a preview of a panel someone took the time to build and you start by criticizing him? Give us all a break and follow the old adage of "if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all."

Back on topic... I love it! Its nice and refreshing to see something that is not a cookie cutter page.

• NickGHNickGH Member
    edited October 2013

perennate said: Am I the only one who doesn't like the style? It's kind of cool but not something I'd want to actually use.

To each their own i guess (this is not an attack, just a statement :) ). It strikes me as something i would use but like you some people look for a more professional or simply a utilitarian look.

• Honestly, I love the concept. It's readable, it's dark, and it's something a lot of people can relate to in a way.

it is almost fully done, with billing and integrated backup, now working on automatic provisioning

• This is certainly pretty nice, very unique. What VPS CP would it be for though?

• Very nice and creative!

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

awesome

nice creativity