Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Suggestion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A Suggestion

drmikedrmike Member
edited September 2011 in General

Ok, I'm sick of this sh*t:

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/vmport-4-40-512mb-openvz-vps-in-kansas-city/

I know at least a couple of comments got deleted already out of that thread, including Michael going on about what interesting things I do with my own body.

I'm going to throw out a suggestion that I have a feeling 99% of us are going to hate.

LEA switches the commenting over to Registered Accounts only.

We have create an account and fill out the profile with a real name.

LEA switches the theme over so that username displays real name.

First comment gets approved by LEA so that he can check to see we have all of our information filled out correctly.

Comments

• I don't want my real name public on the Internet.
    How about banning the email addresses of spammers and requiring verification on the first post?

• Hehe. We all know who "Michael" is. I'll do some clean up later -- busy at work right now.

I haven't turned on the user registration feature of WordPress as quite a few security issues with WordPress previously are all related to privilege escalation with registered users. I'll take a look at this option...

• @maxexcloo said: How about banning the email addresses of spammers

Guess what. I've already banned Michael's email addresses two times. Some people are determined to troll and can always create unlimited number of email addresses on one of those free providers.

• Yeah, ban his IP block n_n

• Even that's not effective, yomero, since there are so many proxies, TOR, and whatnot.

• Yep, I know, is sad xD

• One that that I've found effective is, if you have their real IP address, do a whois lookup on it, and find out what ISP owns the IP address. Then, check out their customer AUP. You'll usually find that their AUP prohibits the behavior they're engaged in. A quick email to the ISP's abuse department, including relevant information such as date, time, IP address, and logs (if you have them), will usually result in them sending a letter to the customer telling them to knock it off or face service disconnection. And because in most areas, at least in the US, there's only one or two ISPs available, it turns out to be quite effective.

• drmike said: Ok, I'm sick of this sh*t:

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/vmport-4-40-512mb-openvz-vps-in-kansas-city/

I know at least a couple of comments got deleted already out of that thread, including Michael going on about what interesting things I do with my own body.

I'm going to throw out a suggestion that I have a feeling 99% of us are going to hate.

LEA switches the commenting over to Registered Accounts only.

We have create an account and fill out the profile with a real name.

LEA switches the theme over so that username displays real name.

First comment gets approved by LEA so that he can check to see we have all of our information filled out correctly.

Just curious... Who is Michael and what's wrong with him?

• IMHO you could just ignore this Michael person, don't feed the troll..

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited September 2011

Why don't drmike or someone send him a malware and kills his PC? Bad, bad Idea, I know!!

• Heh, won't need to, those guys are gonna do a good enough job of killing their company on their own. My original deadpool guess was January.. turns out that's probably way too generous. I don't see them staying afloat past October with attitudes like that.

• LowEndAdmin said: @giang -- someone who ought to be working on his own business.

Thank you ;)

Go59954 said: Why don't drmike or someone send him a malware and kills his PC? Bad, bad Idea, I know!!

There are a lot of Antivirus out there. IMO, Malwarebyte Anti malware will kill them all, lol

• @LowEndAdmin

We all know who "Michael" is.

No actually 'we' don't. Even though many folks think I'm hear 24/7, some of us are trying to run a business. And take care of bloodwork, about a dozen miles of walking a day to keep our doctors happy, about 20 hours a week volunteerism, etc.

I know some of you take this to be funny but some of us have an ex fiancee who's literally gunning for me. I take this stuff seriously.

Yeah, ban his IP block n_n

How about post his IP address? Some of us have some decent connections, both with ISPs and with certain groups on the net. I'm sure he's going through some sort of proxy but there are ways to deal with that.

A quick email to the ISP's abuse department

Yup.

Why don't drmike or someone send him a malware and kills his PC?

Don't tempt me. Actually I've never dealt with the stuff. I came up through key hacking.

• I know some of you take this to be funny but some of us have an ex fiancee who's literally gunning for me. I take this stuff seriously.

Need a tissue?

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited September 2011

No, but I need the local DA to get the local police to deal with her 21 outstanding warrants, 12 of them felonies. And they won't.

edit: Oh and thanks for proving my point as well as belittling the sh*t that I get to go through.

• That's the bad luck of our generation. We have been raised by women and now with the emancipation they can even show us the finger. Time for Doc Brown to get his damn DeLorean running.

• I didn't see the posts where he gave you abuse, but on the whole it was an entertaining thread. :)

• LAsurfLAsurf Member
    edited September 2011

Its always so amusing when people get in a rage just because of colored pixels on the screen. Heck, its just the screen. Nothing more.

• ztecztec Member
    edited September 2011

drmike said: No, but I need the local DA to get the local police to deal with her 21 outstanding warrants, 12 of them felonies. And they won't.

edit: Oh and thanks for proving my point as well as belittling the sh*t that I get to go through.

You act like your life sucks, I hope this isn't the case and you do some volunteering for yourself as well ;)

Thanked by 1LAsurf
  • drmikedrmike Member
    edited September 2011
    Why don't drmike or someone send him a malware and kills his PC

@dumbass said "Actions do mean something."

So f'ing tempted now.....