Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS - Windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS - Windows

Hello,

I am looking for a VPS which I can use to run Windows, I would like the specs as close to this:

2GB RAM
500GB HDD
1TB Bandwidth

I would like to run Windows Server 2012

I know this is quite a lot and my budget is only $7

I don't need a license I just need a VPS as close to this as possible for $7 that can run Windows.

Please post all offers bellow, any that I like I will look into and maybe order.

Thanks.

Comments

• The Microsoft SPLA cost for Windows 2012 standard is almost twice that amount. No legit provider could offer you that unless they are using Windows 2012 Datacenter with HyperV as the hypervisor.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@XLvps said:
    The Microsoft SPLA cost for Windows 2012 standard is almost twice that amount. No legit provider could offer you that unless they are using Windows 2012 Datacenter with HyperV as the hypervisor.

DC edition on SPLA is about £100 p/month (assuming 2 sockets) so if properly incorporated in to running costs the windows license can essentially be offered for free.

That said if you find that for $7 let me know I want 5 of them :)

• Yes, you can get DC edition for around $120/Month for 2 cpus and run unlimited windows VMs on that host. The problem is that all these VPS providers offering Windows are running them on KVM or Xen. In that configuration a valid Windows license costs $14-$16 a month.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited October 2013

2GB RAM and 500GB HDD... Even the cheapest storage provider Backupsy only gives you 512MB of RAM... And +$2 if you need to do something not backup related activity.

• @DalComp said:
    2GB RAM and 500GB HDD... Even the cheapest storage provider Backupsy only gives you 512MB of RAM... And +$2 if you need to do something not backup related activity.

Huh? How does this relate to the topic?

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited October 2013

@XLvps said:
    Huh? How does this relate to the topic?

Because OP asked for 2GB RAM 500GB HDD, and I don't see how it would fit his $7 budget? Not to mention windows...

• $7 a month? Not going to happen.

• All of above - I forgot to mention I don't need a license.

• Closest you're gonna get is a Kimsufi 2G. There's 2GB KVMs for $7 out there, but have fun also finding 500GB disk.

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited October 2013

@rmlhhd said:
    All of above - I forgot to mention I don't need a license.

Yup, not gonna happen even without windows license.

• Seems like more and more people are requiring more resources for less money.

Just to reiterate what's already been said. You're not going to find that for $7. Linux maybe. But not windows. Not legally anyway.

• Maybe 20 HDD, no way 500

• Closed - per thread starter's request.

This discussion has been closed.