Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap VPS in Eastem Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap VPS in Eastem Europe

nivsnivs Member
edited October 2013 in Requests

Hi. I want to buy cheap hosting in East Europe, but not in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus to using as private VPN server. Latvia, Poland and Sweden are more preferable. Minimum 512 Mb and 50 Mbit/s up/down, 500 Gb traffic or more. Only KVM virtualization, I will install ArchLinux.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    Thanked by 1nivs
  • Yea, forget 500GB Traffic in Belarus.

• @William where to order 500GB Traffic vps in Belarus? @rm_ did you use torqhost vps? any review?

• @ttsaon I quote William: "forget 500GB Traffic in Belarus."

It will cost you more than you would like to spend.
    See here for details: http://extmedia.by/vps.compare.html

A VPS with 50 GB traffic for 19$ a month and if you need more traffic than it's 0,19$ - 0,5$ per GB.

Another offer:
    http://hoster.by/service/hosting/professional-hosting/vps-hosting/

With 15GB traffic included for 13,4€ (18,5$) and additional traffic for 0,489$ per GB.

• That is because Beltelecom is state owned and makes the pricing - You won't find less than .15$ / GB, even on large QTY.

• RAM 512mb
    CPU 1 core
    HDD 10Gb
    IPv4 1
    IPv6 1
    Uplink 1 Gbps/Unlim
    5$ KVM in Kharkiv,Ukraine
    itl.ua

• nivsnivs Member
    edited October 2013

@William said:
    That is because Beltelecom is state owned and makes the pricing - You won't find less than .15$ / GB, even on large QTY.

Yes, forget.

@Strikerr:

@nivs said:
    but not in Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.

Great, but out of stock.

It's great too, thanks. I'll try these 2 companies if it all.

• For Latvia and Lithuania have a look at makonix.com and cloudlix.com.
    I had a VPS with both companies some time ago and they were very stable and reliable.
    Dataclub.biz has Sweden and Latvia locations but I haven't tried them out.

Thanked by 1nivs
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

You can try PMing @torqhost maybe they can arrange some stock for you depending on which plan you need.

For VPN use, the best option will vary depending on where you are from. Let's say you are from Russia yourself, then nothing beats Torqhost with their upstream Linxtelecom being on MSK-IX with 20ms ping to Tallinn. Other Eastern European hosts such as those in Poland/Czech/Romania and even Latvia (balticservers) will be mostly reachable via Frankfurt etc.

Thanked by 1nivs
  • nivsnivs Member
    edited October 2013

@rm_ said:
    You can try PMing torqhost maybe they can arrange some stock for you depending on which plan you need.

For VPN use, the best option will vary depending on where you are from. Let's say you are from Russia yourself, then nothing beats Torqhost with their upstream Linxtelecom being on MSK-IX with 20ms ping to Tallinn. Other Eastern European hosts such as those in Poland/Czech/Romania and even Latvia (balticservers) will be mostly reachable via Frankfurt etc.

Ok, I'll PMing to torqhost here. The server will be used from Saint-Petersburg and Samara, Russia. I used server in Netherlands, it had ping about 70 ms. To 80.79.116.26 - 27 ms. Thanks.

• @nivs said:
    Ok, I'll PMing to torqhost here.** The server will be used from Saint-Petersburg and Samara**, Russia. I used server in Netherlands, it had ping about 70 ms. To 80.79.116.26 - 27 ms. Thanks.

mmh, I read well that you did mention not in Russia, but if it will be used from SPb and Samara, Russia makes sense. I'm using firstvds/firstdedic in MSK for a while and they are good. Price ok: 384ram/8Gb 149 rb, 768ram/16gb 249rb

• nivsnivs Member
    edited October 2013

@abravo, I don't want fundamentally to buy Russian server because new Russian laws are shit.

• @Strikerr did you use itl.ua any review? and do you offer Ukraine vps kvm ?

• @typh0n any review about makonix.com and cloudlix.com openvz or kvm?

• @nivs said:
    abravo, I don't want fundamentally to buy Russian server because new Russian laws are shit.

ok. Not wanting to fork off-topic, but the last laws for internet (this summer) are not more shity than the ones existing for many years in the rest of Europe.

• @ttsaon As I remember both were OpenVZ. But to be sure I asked the cloudlix support today and they said they offer OpenVZ and KVM. But for KVM you need to pay 2€ extra and order via email because it isn't automated yet.