Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for VPS (or dedicated server) to host several gameservers.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for VPS (or dedicated server) to host several gameservers.

DaanKempsDaanKemps Member
edited October 2013 in Requests

Greetings Lowendtalk,

I've been checking this forum for a few days now, and checked several offers: But I still haven't found my 'perfect host'. I have no experience with any server provider, so I am seeking help finding one.

I am searching for a VPS (or a cheap dedicated) server provider, located in the UK (West-Europe is also an option), for hosting several gaming servers. I had a provider in my mind (kimsufi/OVH), but the main problem there is that it's located in France and they're completely sold out (KS 4G).

Mainly requirements I am looking for:

• A rather strong CPU
  • 2GB+ RAM
  • Unlimited Bandwitdh (At least this is what I think, gameservers handle quite a lot of traffic?)
  • 'Cheap'
  • Located in the UK (West-Europe is also an option)

As for cheap, this could be in the range of 0-20 USD.
Hopefully I posted this in the correct category, if not: sorry.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I'm not up on my VPS in the EU but for dedicated servers here are 2 options that i'm aware of:

Online.net has a 9,99 € Via Nano (pretty comprable to an Atom), 2gb ram, 500gb hybrid hard drive, 1gbps unlimited, location: France.

FirstHeberg has a € 12.99 Atom with 4gb ram, 100mbps (10mbps guranteed), 1tb hard drive, location: France.

• What games you're wanting to host is important, I think. CPU-hogging games will get you rejected beforehand or kicked out from most VPS providers. Some may offer you a dedicated core or two at a price. For dedicated servers, a $20 budget is too low unless your game servers run well on netbook (Atom) or smartphone (ARM) CPUs.

If you don't get any VPS offers here, you might want to contact providers directly.

• for your budget i think providerservice ssd vps would be good for you

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

@Mitsuhashi said:
    What games you're wanting to host is important, I think. CPU-hogging games will get you rejected beforehand or kicked out from most VPS providers. Some may offer you a dedicated core or two at a price. For dedicated servers, a $20 budget is too low unless your game servers run well on netbook (Atom) or smartphone (ARM) CPUs.

If you don't get any VPS offers here, you might want to contact providers directly.

I was going to make the same point. Depending on the game you want to host, your budget could be very unrealistic to host several game servers. You'll want to figure out your approximate CPU and memory needs before deciding on a plan.

• DaanKempsDaanKemps Member
    edited October 2013

@skybucks100 said:
    I'm not up on my VPS in the EU but for dedicated servers here are 2 options that i'm aware of:

Online.net has a 9,99 € Via Nano (pretty comprable to an Atom), 2gb ram, 500gb hybrid hard drive, 1gbps unlimited, location: France.

FirstHeberg has a € 12.99 Atom with 4gb ram, 100mbps (10mbps guranteed), 1tb hard drive, location: France.

Both are quite nice, noted. (Even tough they're located in France)

@tuguhost said:
    for your budget i think providerservice ssd vps would be good for you

Noted, but not sure about the bandwidth

@Mitsuhashi said:
    What games you're wanting to host is important, I think. CPU-hogging games will get you rejected beforehand or kicked out from most VPS providers. Some may offer you a dedicated core or two at a price. For dedicated servers, a $20 budget is too low unless your game servers run well on netbook (Atom) or smartphone (ARM) CPUs.

Currently I only want to host 4-6 Team Fortress 2 servers. (Here's a small list of requirements, eventhough the requirements are from Counter-Strike: Source, they're almost the same. But the requierements are from 2001, valve is using a better optimized and faster system: SteamPipe)
    It's mainly just a test to see if the slots will fill up, that's why I am using a low budget. If most of the slots will be filled I'll buy a bigger/better machine.

@Jack said:
    I can do a 2 GB KVM for $14/mo

I am not sure if your bandwidth is capable to maintain several gaming servers.

• OpenVZ-4 - 50 GB Disk Space
    2048 MB Guaranteed RAM
    2000 GB Bandwidth
    100 Mbit Network Speed
    1 IP Address
    Full Root Access
    $19.95
    http://www.sonwebhost.com/bill426/cart.php?gid=13