Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Important and Great News From Front Range Hosting - joining forces with Total Server Solutions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Important and Great News From Front Range Hosting - joining forces with Total Server Solutions

Asim,

Over the years here at Front Range Hosting, it has been our privilege to provide you with hosting services and a great customer experience. We always strive to provide you, our customer, with the highest levels of uptime, service, and respect. As Front Range Hosting has grown, we’ve realized that one of the best ways we can serve you better is to join forces with another high quality provider.

It is with great pride that we announce the next chapter in the Front Range Hosting story. We are joining forces with Total Server Solutions. Total Server Solutions has been around for a long time and is made up of some very well known, very respected people in the hosting industry. Total Server Solutions is comprised of several brands, all of which are part of the Total Server Solutions family:

Total Server Solutions: Fully managed servers, server management, and custom solutions.

COLO@: Enterprise level colocation services across the continental United States and UK. COLO@ has locations in the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Dallas, TX; Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; Clifton, NJ.

EWD Hosting: Specializing in e-commerce hosting & managed VPS, dedicated, & shared hosting.

WIRESIX: Provides high specification dedicated servers for price conscious admins and web hosts.

Over the coming weeks & months we will be merging product lines from Front Range Hosting & WIRESIX under the WIRESIX brand. During this transition, Front Range Hosting customers will be gradually integrated into the WIRESIX customer system. This will provide you with an even greater range of technical product offerings as well as a vast depth of knowledge from which to draw should you ever need help or have any questions.

WIRESIX, part of Total Server Solutions is a dedicated server provider based in Atlanta, GA and is the company that we have been using to provide our infrastructure and equipment for some time. We’ve been working with WIRESIX for a while now and their technical team has earned our respect and trust. The network & infrastructure at their Atlanta data center, as well as their other US based locations has been stable, solid, and fast. With miltiple 10GB/s circuits we gain massive connectivity options for current and future clients.

We know that you’ll have questions, and possibly concerns regarding this change. Don’t worry, we’re here to answer any questions and address any concerns. Just get in touch and we’ll be happy to talk.

As part of providing better services we will initially migrate all customers located in the Colorado Springs Nodes to new all SSD nodes in Los Angeles. You may keep your IP addresses the same. IPv6 may not initially be available, but we should be able to restore connectivity in short order while maintaining the same IP’s. Speaking of migrations, some very important information follows, please take a moment to read it over. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

IMPORTANT:

The migration will consist of 2 phases. Phase I entails ticket migrations until Saturday October 26th and we will also be doing a RSYNC of data to the new nodes. There will be 2 choices for ticket migrations for locations. Atlanta (KVM or OpenVZ All SSD) or Los Angeles (KVM or OpenVZ All SSD) these migrations will require switching IP’s, but we would love if KVM customers asked to be moved sooner than later despite the IP change. If you wish to sit and wait it will happen Saturday Oct 26th into Sunday AM.

This is a great upgrade for our KVM customers as CacheCade while great just was not performing as well as we hoped. CacheCade was always a go between the hard drive world and the solid state drive world. All servers from here on out will be SSD based minus nodes we may turn up for high storage volume plans.

The big move will be Saturday Night where we will shut down all nodes, rehome the IP addresses to Los Angeles and do a final RSYNC of data and boot the nodes.

KVM Customers will take somewhat longer due to the nature of how migrations work but should generally be up that night.

Our tech support remains the same and we also gain access to local techs at every datacenter which are manned 24/7 to handle any hardware issues that may arise.

As always, thank you for your business and trust. If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch and we’ll do our best to reply as quickly as possible.

Thank You for your continued patronage it only gets better from here on out!

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Another one bites the dust.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@rm_ said:

You know, I was just about to write the exact same words.

Thanked by 2rds100 mpkossen
  • RyanDRyanD Member
    edited October 2013

This is hardly biting the dust, Corey is with us and will be working hard to continue to grow and expand the business, now on a much larger scale.

We've made a big move to transition all services to pure SSD storage, add additional markets, as well as coming additional features :)

No IP(s) will be changed, unless you want to move earlier than the scheduled 'Big Bang' In which case you can choose to have a new IP assignment. No support will be changing other than the addition of the power of our team behind it.

These are all great things.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • @rm_ said:

The services with FrontRangeHosting are top notch and I have active VMs, @FRCorey has been doing an amazing job. Unsure how things will go now

• Denver to California? That's a big move.

• @Asim said:
    The services with FrontRangeHosting are top notch and I have active VMs, @FRCorey
    has been doing an amazing job. Unsure how things will go now

He will continue to an amazing job :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2013

The services with FrontRangeHosting are top notch and I have active VMs

Yeah I agree FRH was okay and I used them briefly. But I am not liking the tone of this E-Mail one little bit. Full of corporate drone b/s, enterprise level e-commerce fully managed e-solutions product lines. Not even having honesty to tell they're sold out, no sir it's "join forces". Oh and there will be a total mess of everything with migrations downtimes and IPv6 being broken for an untold period of time but who cares really.

Thanked by 2rds100 mpkossen
  • No IP(s) will be changed

Great. That's what gets annoying about all these mergers and acquisitions.

• IPv6 will work in LA those will have to change, were not sure if ARIN would let us keep 2 /32's so just to be safe we'll go with their allocations. IPv4 transitions are easy when it comes to bigger companies there's just not a lot of rules around v6 yet.

Yes I know some would like to remain in Denver, the alternative will be Chicago once we get settled work there will begin. Eyes on New Jersey and Dallas as well. I did well in Denver but I had to admit it was a bit niche as a market goes. These new expansions and the massive network upgrades at all these locations are worth it for my customers.

Our tech support stays and will improve as well.

LA Will improve connectivity to all our Asian customers which are a good portion of my customer base. One of the reasons this was a perfect fit for us.

I may also invade the UK we'll see.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member
    edited October 2013

Oh and prices are not changing :)

• @FRCorey said:
    Oh and prices are not changing :)

And yet everything is pure SSD now... ;)

• Another one deadpools.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@CastleServers said:
    Another one deadpools.

You people are getting pretty liberal with that word.

• nstormnstorm Member
    edited October 2013

Full of corporate drone b/s

I have to agree.

@FRCorey could you please explain migration better. I.e. who and where will be moved and what options do they have?
    I can't understand what options, I, openvz user on Denver node, have behind all that bs.

Colorado Springs Nodes to new all SSD nodes in Los Angeles

Ok, what about Denver location?

The migration will consist of 2 phases. Phase I entails ticket migrations until Saturday October 26th and we will also be doing a RSYNC of data to the new nodes. There will be 2 choices for ticket migrations for locations. Atlanta (KVM or OpenVZ All SSD) or Los Angeles (KVM or OpenVZ All SSD) these migrations will require switching IP’s, but we would love if KVM customers asked to be moved sooner than later despite the IP change. If you wish to sit and wait it will happen Saturday Oct 26th into Sunday AM.

Ok, what about OpenVZ? What about location option without IP change?

Can I have my Denver node moved to Atlanta instead of LA without IP change?
    Initial statement are totally lacking this clarification.

• Denver is Colorado Springs were 20 minutes south.

OpenVZ nodes will rsync live to the new nodes and on the night of the move Saturday night we will halt all VM's and do a final rsync and then copy over the config files and reboot the new nodes and you're back up with the same IP's. If you wish to open a ticket and be moved before then we can handle that as well although it requires an IP change.

IPv4 ip's remain the same.
    IPv6's will change mainly because ARIN may not allow a company to have 2 /32's.

No Atlanta is different ip's so you would have to get a new IP to go to Atlanta.

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited October 2013

ARIN not allowing a company to have two /32s sounds unlikely. RIPE is happily handing out /29s (that's 8 /32s) to anyone who asks.

• ARIN is not RIPE though. They are very strict. If we keep it good we'll get it turned up, but for now what's turned up is the other /32 we can leave the ip's on the VM's and let them have a v6 ip that works as well.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nice one, I think this is the first equal share merger I have seen around here, I assume that actually is what this is or did one company buy the other, in which case it is not a merger it is a sale and transfer of assets including personal.

I cant help wonder why a merger would result in an immediate migration....

Hope it works out well, nothing but good reviews is what I have seen but I hope you guys are not calling a spade a rose.

• Denver no longer meets our requirements so were moving into the facilities owned by Colo@ a Total Server Solutions company. Which drastically reduces costs and gives us the ability to expand services in ways I was unable to before.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Nice one, I think this is the first equal share merger I have seen around here, I assume that actually is what this is or did one company buy the other, in which case it is not a merger it is a sale and transfer of assets including personal.

Where does it say it's equal share? Unless I missed it. Also, aren't Total Server Solutions a lot bigger?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2013

Yeah equal share / majority share, the point being a merger is to combine, not subsume and migrate, just wondering if this is actually a sale + job transfer in reality.

• tl,dr: Front Range Hosting including its owner is being bought by Total Server Solutions????

I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes of my time reading this to extract this one piece of information. It could have been explained in a single sentence rather than a one-page email.

• Well all the best in your business adventures. I see some statements that are not even needed. He made a decision to better his business and his customers.

• This will continue to be the trend as the margins for profit in this business are so small and cost of entry is so low.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@XLvps said:
    This will continue to be the trend as the margins for profit in this business are so small and cost of entry is so low.

While it depends, really, lately the prices are going down and costs are not going down at least not as fast so the profits are shrinking.
    The market crashed and it is the time we will see who did a proper job can and is willing to stay in the market. It is possible to make a profit in any market that sells a needed product, but there might be better opportunities elsewhere.

• /me likes

Thanked by 1Zen
  • I like frontrange. BUT - my two KVM VPSes have been down since Saturday. Still not working. ;-(

• FRH has been fantastic for the five months I've been with them right up until this weekend. My VPS has been down for at least a day now and the response from support is "The migration is still in progress. I am flagging the ticket to the concerned department, You will be updated back soon." That was three hours ago. :-(

• @FRCorey said:

IPv4 ip's remain the same.

No Atlanta is different ip's so you would have to get a new IP to go to Atlanta.

That's what I thought. I requested a move to Atlanta. Move complete - but not routable.

I pointed out in the subsequent ticket to support that the IP previously in Denver would need to change now the VPS is in Atlanta; but the response in a ticket yesterday is that "no - the old IP will work in Atlanta as soon as they update the network."

Of course, I don't think they are telling me the truth; borne out by the fact that a traceroute to the IP now routes to LA.

;-(

• hopetindallhopetindall Member
    edited October 2013

@FRCorey are you around still? Support only says they have, "...escalated this to Corey".