Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSDime - 1 Month Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSDime - 1 Month Review

badpatrickbadpatrick Member
edited October 2013 in Reviews

Plan: LowEndTalk Offer: Link To Offer

Promised Specs: 4cpu, 6GB Memory, 30GB HD, 2TB Bandwidth. @ $7 USD / Month - (I purchased two of these plans)

Stability: This service is currently hosting several active websites. Other than my own server restarts for installations and updates there has been zero downtime.

Support: I've only dealt with billing support who provided me a pre-sales link to combine two VPS's into one. Ticket was answered quickly and handled profesionally.

Overall: I'm sorry that there is not more to mention in my review. The service has been extremely reliable and it performs beyond my expectations. This is another service I hope to keep for a very long time. Though the VPSDime brand is new I trust the Backupsy and "serverian" names behind this operation.

Stats:
dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.86876 s, 374 MB/s

wget -O /dev/null http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test --2013-10-23 16:54:39-- http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test 100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 49.9M/s in 2.0s 2013-10-23 16:54:41 (49.9 MB/s) - /dev/null saved [104857600/104857600]

Thanked by 2Zen serverian

Comments

• @badpatrick, @Zen, thank you so much for being awesome. You made me very happy now!

Oktay

• Is it possible to still link 2 VPS together?

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited October 2013

I could only confirm @badpatrick & @Zen's review. :)

I had a couple of issues and they were resolved very quickly by Oktay.

One of my favorite VMs by far. :)

Thanked by 1serverian
  • @doughnet said:
    Is it possible to still link 2 VPS together?

Yep, as always

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I have one of these myself, it is amazing. Network is always amazing and the disk speeds are always 300MB/s+. Never had one issue with this box and I don't expect any.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • the vps is amazing. great speeds, 100% uptime ... my only problem, i have NO use for something with this much RAM. it's amazing but I just can't think of something to do with it. i don't want to let some kiddies run some game servers on it, but any ideas on some servers/software that is unique and awesome to mess around with?

Thanked by 1serverian
  • @doughnet said:
    the vps is amazing. great speeds, 100% uptime ... my only problem, i have NO use for something with this much RAM. it's amazing but I just can't think of something to do with it. i don't want to let some kiddies run some game servers on it, but any ideas on some servers/software that is unique and awesome to mess around with?

VNC?

• @doughnet said:
    Is it possible to still link 2 VPS together?

Sure, we can do this. Just open a ticket!

• @serverian: 1.) Is that 6GB guaranteed RAM for me ?
    2.) is their any provision for backups ?
    3.) that 7$ must be the recurring price every month or does it increase after 1 month or few months?

Thanked by 1serverian
  • @ertiop93 said: @serverian: 1.) Is that 6GB guaranteed RAM for me ? 2.) is their any provision for backups ? 3.) that 7$ must be the recurring price every month or does it increase after 1 month or few months?

1. You can't use 6GB RAM without abusing other resources like IO and CPU. But yeah.

2. You should take your own backups.

3. Recurring.

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited February 2014

I like vpsdime as well want to try their winity (windows) brand but it will be idle vps since there is nothing to learn about window's compared to Linux.But still i am going to spend my cash on it.Since I mostly use vps for learning purpose.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • +1 to the good review. I got one, I like it. I highly recommend it to others.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • DennisdeWitDennisdeWit Member
    edited February 2014

Oktay looks like a boss on this forum. Congrats @serverian

Thanked by 1serverian
  • ertiop93ertiop93 Member
    edited March 2014

Hey all VPSDime users, consider joining this google group for VPSDime users which is intended to be a discussion & learning space for all VPSDime users.

I just created this group so that all the fellow VPSDime users can connect & talk to each other, discuss any issues or ask for help & support from each other. All of us had such a huge requirement for a discussion space.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • jhjh Member

@serverian runs a good shop. One of the very few LET providers I feel I can trust.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • Thanks everyone. We try :)

Btw, I've created a IRC channel for vpsdimers. It's #vpsdime on irc.freenode.net

You can use http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vpsdime if you don't have an IRC client.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • It is great service, the uptime is 89 days. I have only one external down notice from pingdom because of my fault: the domain is expired.

Only concern in my mind: vpsdime uses solus, which do not provide the console access, so be careful when you hardening your ssh access.

• @serverian said:
    Thanks everyone. We try :)

Btw, I've created a IRC channel for vpsdimers. It's #vpsdime on irc.freenode.net

You can use http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vpsdime if you don't have an IRC client.

That IRC channel seems kind of dead at the moment

• iSkyiSky Member

hi @serverian it seems this review wipe out all my worried, i will try this when i got back from my vacation, it is very awesome 6GB Ram,

• nunimnunim Member

I've been with VPSDime for more than a few months now, I'm nothing but pleased, especially with the recent addition of IPv6. I don't have one of those 6GB moster plans as I have no use for it, but my little 512 has been a rock solis VPS.

Bottom line is you can't go wrong with a VPSDime.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@bookstack said:
    solus, which do not provide the console access, so be careful when you hardening your ssh access.

I am not sure what you meant here?

• Maounique said: I am not sure what you meant here?

There's no console... If you block yourself due to poorly-defined iptables rules, or change the SSH port on Centos without disabling selinux, you'll have to ticket support to fix the situation.

• @Damian said:
    There's no console... If you block yourself due to poorly-defined iptables rules, or change the SSH port on Centos without disabling selinux, you'll have to ticket support to fix the situation.

That sucks.

• mpkossen said: That sucks.

That it does. VPSDime uses the ModulesGarden Solus module, which is extremely broken and they seem to have zero desire to fix it.

• @Damian said:
    That it does. VPSDime uses the ModulesGarden Solus module, which is extremely broken and they seem to have zero desire to fix it.

They give you the source code if you want. You can fix it yourself!

• @Damian said:

If you open a console session from SolusVM it gives you the ip, port (of HN) and console user/pw which you can use in a regular SSH client.

• kornnflakekornnflake Member
    edited March 2014

@INIZ said:
    If you open a console session from SolusVM it gives you the ip, port (of HN) and console user/pw which you can use in a regular SSH client.

VPSDime doesn't provide user access to SolusVM (although they use it as their backend). You control the server with ModulesGarden's Solus module within WHMCS which doesn't has a console :p

• @rmlhhd said:
    badpatrick What did you use to get http://i.imgur.com/ExlIzlW.jpg

phpsysinfo.github.io/phpsysinfo/

• sallysally Member

So, how about you're newly acquired DotVPS service - will that be improving pretty radically - and pretty soon??
    Atrocious connectivity so far!!!