Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WTB 100GB+ 2G+ VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WTB 100GB+ 2G+ VPS

Comments

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited October 2013

@Dorkfiles, are there not better methods for attempting to resolve the issue? Jumping so quickly as to insist you will do a chargeback is one way to get a provider to not want to assist you further. Then posting it on a public forum because you didn't get your way in an effort to name and shame a provider publicly for something is extremely silly.

Regardless of who is right or wrong in this case, if you remained calm and didn't threaten @Iniz with a chargeback I'm more than confident that he would have been more than willing to make something work.

Being in an OPENVZ environment it's not hard to pull processes from a top -c list or an HTOP list and determine that someone is abusing resources for too long and suspend. He didn't "illegally invade your privacy" or anything silly like that.

Thanked by 1kro
  • @SkylarM said:

Hi Babe *kisses

• @INIZ said:
    You can view our promotions from this thread and we have a 2G deal which will fit your purposes.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/14301/iniz-incredible-yearly-plans-new-york-city-amsterdam-los-angeles-unmetered-incoming

Need to keep this sorta in place for new readers the cake ^^ is a lie..

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

@Dorkfiles said:
    Already on the phone with VISA since there is no service.

So you violated their terms of service, abused the node, were rude and threatening to their customer service, and now you're doing a chargeback?
    Please do all the providers on this board (including me) a favor and never sign up for our services.

• DorkfilesDorkfiles Member
    edited October 2013

@shovenose said:
    Please do all the providers on this board (including me) a favor and never sign up for our services.

Certainly I was clear in post one what I needed service for.

I bet you love forta trust too, keep up with that listing budd

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well I have not seen the ticket but yeah threats will never make any host want to work with anyone.

45 minutes and 5 minutes not really excessive enough to warrant a suspension in my books but if you said "a few minutes" to the OP from the get go then this should not come as a surprise.

I guess I agree with previous comments, both sides probably could have handled it better but charge back fee's levied by paypal will probably not be worth the hassle imo.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited October 2013

when a user straight away talks about requesting a chargeback.

If the first words out of a customer's mouth when there is a problem is a chargeback threat they get added to our company wide "blacklist" and we will not accept any further orders from them ever on any of our sites. Threatening a chargeback is the wrong way to go about resolving a problem you have with a service or product.

..and don't even get me started on the people who file chargebacks without ever contacting us about the problem...grrr

Being in an OPENVZ environment it's not hard to pull processes from a top -c list or an HTOP list and determine that someone is abusing resources for too long and suspend.

From an end user's perspective, I'm happy that there are providers like Patrick, Prometeus, etc who monitor their nodes to prevent abuse. When a provider doesn't act quickly to curb abuse you wind up with frequent crashes and downtime, performance that slows to a crawl and VPS's that become almost unusable ( HostSlim and UGVPS are two examples of what happens when a provider doesn't do enough to curb abuse or monitor the performance of their nodes).

• I agree more diplomacy could have been used... but providers need to be more explicit on their refund policies and what breaking the ToS entails.

Seems to be a case of "buyer beware". Because users are buying 'low end' services there tends to be an attitude that the users cash is more expendible and they should not expect much.

Vendors should have a "cancellation fee" rather than just simply not refunding. I prefer to pay yearly when buying VPS but you simply cannot be sure that the person running the VPS is sane and reasonable, and truthful.

• I mean even a portion of the 11m 20d~ remaining service refunded would have been cool I don't think @INIZ pasted 45minutes of cpu was worth $42+ USD $46CAD no vps ever turned back on just trolled in the face by a man called Patrick.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited October 2013

@ricardo said:
    Seems to be a case of "buyer beware". Because users are buying 'low end' services there tends to be an attitude that the users cash is more expendible and they should not expect much.

I think the case is more like "don't be an asshole and you'll get further with the provider". Remain civil and don't start throwing around words like chargeback etc and almost ANY provider will be more than willing to work out some form of resolution that both parties can walk away happy from. Threats never get anyone very far.

You DID agree to a terms of service that states that refunds are purely the discretion of the provider. If you want to get a refund, don't piss them off.

Thanked by 1MCHPhil
  • @SkylarM said:
    You DID agree to a terms of service that states that refunds are purely the discretion of the provider. If you want to get a refund, don't piss them off.

They also DID offer me the services I asked for your point is $null

@INIZ said:
    You can view our promotions from this thread and we have a 2G deal which will fit your purposes.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/14301/iniz-incredible-yearly-plans-new-york-city-amsterdam-los-angeles-unmetered-incoming

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2013

SkylarM, that's a very generic statement as surely you can't be talking about every VPS provider's terms of service in one breath.

For what its worth, the only time I've had issues along these lines is with a provider that offers a "7 day 100% money back guarantee", with nothing stating the refund is "at their discretion". They also used a lie with paypal that I'd "abused their system". That's not civil, that's blatant lying.

• And you also accepted the general TOS which I must literate again here:

If you violate our terms of service refunds are not given under any circumstances. If you open any disputes with any of our payment processors we are allowed to terminate your account without notice,

edited October 2013

@INIZ said:

If you violate our terms of service refunds are not given under any circumstances. If you open any disputes with any of our payment processors we are allowed to terminate your account without notice,

Oh?

So where is my vps?

No chargeback stood until you had stated here you would not talk anymore, and NOT before you told me you were black mailing me, and also right now its just a dispute I can close it if you want to be an adult @INIZ and tell me why you offered me service to host and compile then you just suspend at random? why not resolve this, VISA told me to give you 10 days and I will..

Then if you after 10 days don't want to be a business man then I will have no choice but to charge back which will take 90 days the bank said but what-ever man its your call on the time frame I don't really care I'm just letting you keep some face but I promise you come 10 day you wont have no face left to save.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited October 2013

@ricardo said:
    For what its worth, the only time I've had issues along these lines is with a provider that offers a "7 day 100% money back guarantee", with nothing stating the refund is "at their discretion". They also used a lie with paypal that I'd "abused their system". That's not civil, that's blatant lying.

In that case I do not disagree. MOST of the time a provider is more than willing to make things work. Not all providers will, so you need to know who you are dealing with first.

I do not disagree that he offered you a plan fully aware of your CPU usage. But that doesn't mean you can open a chat/ticket with a provider and instantly open up with a "I CHARGEBACK OR YOU FIX THIS". If you politely indicated the thread and said "I was told I could do this, maybe there is a misunderstanding" one of two things would have happened. 1) Patrick would have realized the mistake and unsuspended and sent you on your way. 2) Patrick would realize his mistake in the initial offer, and provide a refund.

As I stated earlier, I don't intend to pick sides. But in the case of proper etiquette after the fact that the service was suspended, I have to give that one to patrick. Was he in the right to suspend, or was he truly aware of your CPU requirements when he replied to the thread? Possibly not. But the issue here isn't that he's unwilling to offer a refund to a person behaving civilly for a mistake on his part.

I'd like to point out this isn't your first issue with a similar case. Remain civil, don't start screaming and pounding your chest so quickly and you'll get much further with people.

• @SkylarM said:
    I'd like to point out this isn't your first issue with a similar case. Remain civil, don't start screaming and pounding your chest so quickly and you'll get much further with people.

Being civil is a choice not a law, I simply let him know I'm not playing and which you can see I am not.

• @SkylarM said:
    But the issue here isn't that he's unwilling to offer a refund to a person behaving civilly for a mistake on his part.

This is what people seem to forget, they feel that once they are "done" with a host they are able to act ANY way they feel. Which is far from the truth. Especially, if you're looking to get a refund.

Do to others as you would have them do to you.

@Dorkfiles said:
    Being civil is a choice not a law, I simply let him know I'm not playing and which you can see I am not.

This is a problem then. You're making yourself look like a joke, threatening people like your some hotshot. In all actuality your someone posting on a forum.

Thanked by 2SkylarM iKeyZ
  • @MCHPhil said:
    This is a problem then. You're making yourself look like a joke, threatening people like your some hotshot. In all actuality your someone posting on a forum.

I'm just a person on a forum nothing more, this is my experience do not view the thread if you do not want to have a talk about a low end provider.

• Wow really how old are you? @dorkfiles You remind me of what my 3 yr old son leaves in his underwear when he doesn't wipe his butt good, Oh yea shyt stains! LOL Just move on cause your butt hurt!

• @Dorkfiles said:

Being civil is a common courtesy. Maybe you are too young yet to understand that point, but from reading the thread, you are mostly in the wrong. Granted I would have refunded just to make you STFU and go away, but @INIZ not wanting to refund, it's their choice

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • I understand @Dorkfiles is rude and shouldn't say anything about chargeback after the first problem,

!BUT!

he CLEARLY stated what he will use the vps for. Some providers just throw their offers on every thread not even reading what the user is looking for. Compiling is CPU intensive, and if you shoot an offer, you should allow it... if he would use torrents - kick him out - game server? - kick him out... but if he uses the vps for what he asked for and for what you gave the offer, do everything possible to provide the service, except suspending...

@Dorkfiles
    My only advice is to learn how to use cpulimit and ionice. If you use them properly, no provider will kick you out.

edited October 2013

@mahjong said:

he CLEARLY stated what he will use the vps for. Some providers just throw their offers on every thread not even reading what the user is looking for. Compiling is CPU intensive, and if you shoot an offer, you should allow it... if he would use torrents - kick him out - game server? - kick him out... but if he uses the vps for what he asked for and for what you gave the offer, do everything possible to provide the service, except suspending...

@Dorkfiles said:
    Looking for a vps to use as a dev spot with 100gb for compiling android and then sharing it in httpd, mild cpu usage only during compiles, the more storage you can offer the better as I would like to keep snapshots of each build that gets pushed on the dev box instead of on the main server fleet.

@INIZ said:

Been scammed before not the last time, as for age I'm at the legal age to live moraless, care less, keep my money, ask for what I want, expect it to be legit, move adult product for entertainment and be scumb of the earth, hate less, live large. while using the most hated money on your shitty vps over here.

Lesson learned @INIZ stole my 11months 20days and wants to keep the coin, its called theft, you can call it ToS but unless that ToS is notarized in Canada its worth less then the paper swap I just used on baby girl Clarice's to clean up the adult male release on her face that pays for these boxes so I guess I'm 21 or above with the mind state of a three year old for knowing what I want and need and must be even more a child to think that the provider would allow what they approached me on.

Must be it.

• @Dorkfiles said:
    mild cpu usage only during compiles.

As per Merriam Webster dictionary http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mild

mild adjective \ˈmī(-ə)ld\
    gentle in nature or behavior

not strong in action or effect

not strong or harsh in taste

That is why maybe the offer was posted here because of the wording of the OP's post. Its not a play of words because your wrote specifically stating "mild cpu usage". So you were suspended for above your words "MILD". As per INIZ's Terms of Service "Fair Share Usage

Each VPS is given “fair-share” CPU usage on the server. CPUs sit idle in most cases. Each VPS has access to several vCPU(depending on your plan) and can use it’s processing power as and when required, since you are sharing the CPUs with other clients on the node we have a fair share usage limit. If your VPS happens to cause issues to other clients on the node your VPS will be suspended and notified and asked to make changes to ensure it doesn't happen again.

In which you agreed too first off. But you went off the deep end and made some costly mistakes threatening whatever. Really you just dug your own grave.

• This is a forum not a graveside stop playing video games.

9 days till face is eaten.

• We completed our investigation for the following transaction:

Case ID: PP-002-677-004-089
    Transaction Date: Oct 12, 2013
    Transaction Amount: -26.50 GBP
    Seller's Email: [email protected]
    Seller's Name: GTS Online Limited

Unfortunately, we are denying your claim because your purchase was for a
    virtual, digital, or intangible item. Indeed, our PayPal Purchase
    Protection only covers claims involving physical items that can be shipped
    and tracked. Payments for intangible, digital items or services are
    therefore not covered.

So you keep the money and run as stated.

• Good? After saying he scammed and calling it theft? I cannot really see what @INIZ did wrong to be honest.

The first thing you say to him is about charging back the money instead of coming to a settlement. If you act like an idiot to people, you will be treated like one.

Please just learn from this instead of going through providers thinking they're all 'scamming' and 'stealing' from you.

• If your still looking m8 I can sort you out 2x2.4Ghz CPU, 2048MB RAM,100GB HD, Unmetered bandwidth@ 100mbps, Control panel etc for £15 a month. For more information please visit http://bigrobsweb.co.uk or contact me

• VISA chargeback started, remember paypal charges about $50 usd for this so now your out money.

Cheers.

• Ouch.
    If you're doing business with digital goods. It's best to just give a refund, or compromise to what your customer is asking. Because a charge back with paypal isn't anything nice. Recently went through one myself not long ago.

• Due to the nature of the events my VISA rep actually read this cesspool! In turn I have my money back, thanks Patrick for the total dog shit worse 0/10 service @INIZ is the best if you want to just spend money one way.