Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RamNode] 38% OFF FOR LIFE! NEW SVZ PLANS w/ DOUBLE SSD SPACE! from $1.24/mo [#1 SSD VPS]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[RamNode] 38% OFF FOR LIFE! NEW SVZ PLANS w/ DOUBLE SSD SPACE! from $1.24/mo [#1 SSD VPS]

Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

RamNode - High Performance SSD VPS Hosting

High Performance RAID10 SSD and SSD-Cached VPSs

38% OFF FOR LIFE!
USE CODE 38RLY

New SVZ v2 Plans with DOUBLE SSD space!

About Us

Our VPSs are hosted in Atlanta, Seattle, and The Netherlands. Our US servers are located at 55 Marietta (Atlanta) and The Westin (Seattle), where we own all of our hardware and network (AS3842). We have partnered with a provider in the Dataplace data center in the Netherlands to be able to offer our great plans in Europe as well.

RamNode offers KVM and OpenVZ VPSs. Please see below for more details.

=====================================

VPS Features

Each VPS comes with the following features:

• SolusVM control panel
  • 1Gbps fair share port speed
  • Automated backups
  • Free DNS hosting
  • INSTANT setup
  • Optional DDoS protection for Seattle servers

OpenVZ SSD VPS

128MB SVZ (v2)

• RAM: 128MB
  • VSwap: 128MB
  • Cores: 1 @ 3.3GHz+
  • 10GB RAID10 SSD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 500GB Bandwidth

Price: $24.00/yr $14.88/yr
Order Now - ATLANTA | SEATTLE | NETHERLANDS

256MB SVZ (v2)

• RAM: 256MB
  • VSwap: 256MB
  • 20GB RAID10 SSD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 1000GB Bandwidth

Price: $12.75/qtr $7.90/qtr

512MB SVZ (v2)

• RAM: 512MB
  • VSwap: 512MB
  • Cores: 2 @ 3.3GHz+
  • 40GB RAID10 SSD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 2000GB Bandwidth

Price: $7.50/mo $4.65/mo

OpenVZ SSD-Cached VPS

128MB CVZ-E5

• RAM: 128MB
  • VSwap: 128MB
  • Cores: 1 @ 2.3GHz+
  • 50GB RAID10 SSD-Cached HDD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 500GB Bandwidth

Price: $24.00/yr $14.88/yr

256MB CVZ-E5

• VSwap: 256MB
  • 90GB RAID10 SSD-Cached HDD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 1000GB Bandwidth

Price: $12.75/qtr $7.90/qtr

512MB CVZ-E5

• RAM: 512MB
  • VSwap: 512MB
  • Cores: 2 @ 2.3GHz+
  • 120GB RAID10 SSD-Cached HDD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 2000GB Bandwidth

Price: $7.50/mo $4.65/mo

KVM SSD VPS

256MB SKVM

• 5GB RAID10 SSD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 1000GB Bandwidth

Price: $6.00/mo $3.72/mo

KVM SSD-Cached VPS

256MB CKVM-E5

• 20GB RAID10 SSD-Cached HDD Space
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • 1000GB Bandwidth

Price: $6.00/mo $3.72/mo

FAQ

How long does VPS setup take?
Your VPS will be setup INSTANTLY upon receipt of payment (unless we happen to be out of stock). KVM VPSs are available instantly, but you are responsible for installing the OS (KVM Guide).

How can I pay?
We accept PayPal and 2Checkout.

Do you have a money back guarantee?
We have a 3 day money back guarantee on your first invoice of your first service as long as your account is in good standing.

What's the best way to get help when I need it?
Our VPSs are unmanaged, but you can open a ticket for acceptable support requests. We are also available on Live Chat, Skype, and IRC.

What kind of hardware do you use?
We use Intel Ivy and Sandy Bridge CPUs, LSI RAID cards, Samsung, Kingston, and Intel SSDs, and Western Digital and Seagate enterprise HDDs.

How fast is your network?
Our VPS nodes are connected to the internet at 1Gbps. Your VPS can use all of that speed on a fair share basis.

Do you have any network tests?
Test IPs:
https://clientarea.ramnode.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=17

Test File Downloads:
https://clientarea.ramnode.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=18

What's the difference between SSD and SSD-Cached?
SSD-cached VPSs store "hot" data (data frequently called on by the server) in a RAID10 array of SSDs. These VPSs come with lots of hard drive space, but still have similar performance to an all-SSD VPS.

What operating systems are available?
We offer a variety of Linux 32 and 64-bit OS templates and ISOs.

Do you offer cPanel?
Yes, we are an official cPanel NOC. You can order a cPanel/WHM VPS license here.

Can I use my VPS for ___?
Please see our AUP.

What control panel comes with your VPSs?
Our VPSs come with the SolusVM control panel.

Do you provide remote backups?
Yes, we take remote backups of each VPS image on a weekly or monthly basis depending on the plan. We store one backup at a time, which can be restored upon request. Backups are not guaranteed and should not replace your own backups.

Contact Us

There are a variety of ways you can contact us:
Sales: sales[at]ramnode.com
Support: support[at]ramnode.com
Accounts: accounts[at]ramnode.com
Twitter: RamNode
Facebook: RamNode
IRC: #ramnode on irc.netchat.io - WebChat

You can also catch us on Live Chat or open up a ticket from the Client Area.

Comments

• LEB Best Provider 2013Q2. I used their Seattle CKVM-E5, and I have nothing to say but satisfied. I would recommend buying from them.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Fabulous we going to take one for backup purpose =)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • RamNode is the provider that other providers want to mimic. RamNode's network is awesome (native IPv6, solid peering, 1Gbps ports) and their Raid-10 SSDs offer impressive I/O.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Will existing OVZ VMs be upgraded, or would we need to place a new order to get one with the additional disk space?

• Too bad they don't allow private torrent usage in the Netherlands,

Except that reason, they are just awesome. I don't know what else I should ask for.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

What is this private torrent usage ? You mean syncing big data using the BT protocol ?

Sorry my noobiness when i read isohunt is shutting down i thought it is some provider, had to google that :P
    At the times i was downloading music used napster and later amule for movies, but now they are just available online on a lot of sites including youtube and some illegal too why would i waste space to store them...

• @Maounique said:
    What is this private torrent usage ? You mean syncing big data using the BT protocol ?

Sorry my noobiness when i read isohunt is shutting down i thought it is some provider, had to google that :P
    At the times i was downloading music used napster and later amule for movies, but now they are just available online on a lot of sites including youtube and some illegal too why would i waste space to store them...

I like to watch The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Arrow, Dexter etc. but they aren't here on TV. Netflix is to slow adding those so all I can do is torrent them and buy the original season later on.

Currently all I torrent is every week 1GB (2 episodes, 1 from The Walking dead and 1 from Arrow) and about once a month a full season of Dexter or Breaking Bad.

Average torrent usage: <10GB a month :P

Okay, but that is the way bt works what do you mean is private then ? You connect to public swarms or are you connecting to some friends only ?

• I actually feel a bit guilty I didn't vote for Ramnode in the Q3's. I guess I'd just forgotten about my nodes with them as I'd set them up and left them, but they both simply run beautifully with no issues. Simply no complaints or negative feedback about Ramnode, and these new SSD plans are even better value.

• @Maounique said:
    Okay, but that is the way bt works what do you mean is private then ? You connect to public swarms or are you connecting to some friends only ?

My downloads are private :D

I got your point, personally I don't see any problem in torrenting except the io and network abuse. It would be the first time in the Netherlands if someone is getting a lawsuit. The only thing ever happend is that they blocked TPB.

@taronyu said:
    I got your point, personally I don't see any problem in torrenting except the io and network abuse. It would be the first time in the Netherlands if someone is getting a lawsuit. The only thing ever happend is that they blocked TPB.

No, you got me wrong I am not bashing you it is just that people ask me in tickets if private torrents are allowed and I answer legal torrents are because I have no idea what private torrents are and since ToS forbid illegal activities I feel covered by that.
    If this is some kind of darknet or a way of syncing content, then I would know better what I am asked about :)
    So please, what is exactly private torrenting ? :)

• @Maounique said:

using BT like it is meant to be used, but keeping the downloads private. Atleast, that is what I think it is. :P

• Private torrenting means to use trackers that aren't open to the general public, ones that require some form of user registration in order to access.

• @Nick_A really nice offer. Not that good like the 42% discount you've offered last time, but very interesting with the new doubled ssd space. Something similar for the CVZ-E5 plans would also be a great offer for the backup box.

• pbalazs123pbalazs123 Member
    edited October 2013

Anyway, don't ever try it for torrenting because it's not gonna work. I think they're using some cron jobs to check whether you are running any kind of torrent process inside VM, because if you gonna start a client its automatically killed within ~5 minutes. :))

Anyway i'm very happy with RamNode, it's far the best provider i've ever seen in my life. :)

• c0yc0y Member

@Maounique said:

I think he just thought that sounds fancy, reading what he says he seems to mean downloading without uploading/seeding back to BitTorrent

• @Frost said:
    I think he just thought that sounds fancy, reading what he says he seems to mean downloading without uploading/seeding back to BitTorrent

Nope. Even if you don't seed you can still be DMCA'd.

@taronyu said:
    using BT like it is meant to be used, but keeping the downloads private. Atleast, that is what I think it is. :P

Nope. BitTorrent is meant to be shared.

Private torrents is when you connect to a private swarm (a swarm is the group of seeders and leechers). Sites such as Pirate Bay and KAT are available to the public to use, but private torrents are part of private trackers. These trackers are not-so-secret groups but still require an invitation to join. The also require members to maintain a certain ratio of seeded torrents to downloaded torrents, a certain amount of activity, and proof you actually torrent. Some are harder to get into than others. The point of them is to reduce the risk of DMCA, which approaches nil in most of the more selective trackers.

• I have a 128M OpenVZ grabbed during last promo. I installed LNMPA to run Joomla, SugarCRM and Deluge. Used up almost all RAM and Swap, but the system is still holding up quite good. :P Considering to buy a 1G CKVM with them now...

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks guys. Sorry for not responding sooner; all LET emails went to the spam folder.

@Microlinux - I made a post about that in our Announcements section in the Client Area. tl;dr: eventually, please don't ask for an immediate upgrade.

• @Nick_A, is the promo available also in 1GB ram?

• Nick_A,

Since old vps won't be upgraded, do we get a pro-rated refund of the old vps for the unused days if we terminated the old vps before billing date?

• RamNode for VPS resources monitoring is very good, guarantee the other VPS users have a good experience. Other merchants should learn from it

Thanked by 1Nick_A

@ravenchad said:
    Nick_A, is the promo available also in 1GB ram?

Yep, all coupons apply to all plans.

• @Nick_A said:
    Yep, all coupons apply to all plans.

• niceboyniceboy Veteran
    edited October 2013

Hi Nick,

Any new locations planned(chicago/denver/ny)?

• Too bad SSD KVM in NL is always out of stock.. Would have placed a few orders for my stuff if it was available. Any ETA Nick?

• @Nick_A said:
    Microlinux - I made a post about that in our Announcements section in the Client Area. tl;dr: eventually, please don't ask for an immediate upgrade.

Thanks, no worries. I don't need it now, just wondering if I ever do.

We'll try to reload on all SKVM soon.

• Just bought another one in NL, loving these guys. :)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • ^Same here, just bought another 128mb CVZ in NL :D

Thanked by 1Nick_A