Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monthly & Yearly Sale | CUSTOMER REFUGEE OFFER | Crissic Solutions LLC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Monthly & Yearly Sale | CUSTOMER REFUGEE OFFER | Crissic Solutions LLC

SkylarMSkylarM Member
edited October 2013 in Offers

Logo

Divider

About Crissic Crissic Solutions, LLC is a fast growing hosting company based out of Springfield, Missouri. We have our own ARIN IP allocation (AS62639) and we own all of our hardware.

We own all of our hardware! From our Juniper EX3200 with a 10gbit uplink, to our Intel Dual Xeon 5639's/5520's with 36GB of RAM, we own it. We have a full rack of equipment co-located with GoRack in Jacksonville, Florida.

Our Promise We promise to provide our customers with the best level of service and the highest grade hardware. In fact, we are so confident that you will love our services and our great support that we offer a 10-day no-hassle money back guarantee.

Quick AUP We do not allow IRC, Bittorrent, P2P, warez, spamming, or anything illegal in the state of Florida or within the United States of America. PRIVATE proxies are allowed. Runescape bots and gameservers are NOT allowed. Personal IRC Bouncers are Permitted

Speed Test Files Check out our looking glass page: http://lg.crissic.net/

Native IPv6 You want IPv6? Yes, we are IPv6 native! Request up to 200 individual IPs with FREE REVERSE DNS INCLUDED! (submit a support ticket)

Divider

VPS Refugee Life Raft Offer

Refugee

Did your provider recently drop locations and leave you worrying about locating a new VPS host and finding time to set up that new VPS? Or, are you unhappy with that low cost VPS provider with the bad uptime, slow servers and terrible support?

Introducing Crissic's “VPS Refugee Life Raft Offer”. Provide us with a recent invoice from that misbehaving provider and we'll price match or beat the offer.

We will also offer you a totally managed FREE migration of your VPS to our servers (if the previous provider will provide a container image or dump of your VPS – for OpenVZ customers ONLY).

This offer comes with our standard 10-day no-hassle money back guarantee.

Give us a try today and see why Crissic is already the choice of thousands of satisfied customers worldwide. SUBMIT A TICKET

Divider

Not a refugee? No problem! Check out our killer promotion running NOW!

OpenVZ Plans

OVZ512 OVZ1024 OVZ2048
RAM: 512MB 1024MB 2048MB
vSwap: 512MB 1024MB 2048MB
HDD: 50GB 75GB 100GB
Bandwidth: 2000GB 3000GB 5000GB
Speed: 1gbps 1gbps 1gbps
IPv4 2 Dedicated 2 Dedicated 2 Dedicated
---------- --------------- --------------- ---------------
Price: $2/mo $3/mo $6/mo
Price: $15/yr $28/yr N/A
Order: Order Order Order

Divider

Available Operating Systems (32 and 64 bit)

Debian 6, 7
Fedora 17, 18
CentOS 5, 6
Ubuntu 12.04, 12.10, 13.04

Don't see the template you need? Open a support ticket and we'll add it, for free!

Addons

1TB Bandwidth $2.50/month
Additional IPs $0.50 per IP per month
Direct Admin $5/month
cPanel $14.95/month

Comments

• if you have vps locate west coast of US, I will pay one~

• Did your provider recently drop locations and leave you worrying about locating a new VPS host and finding time to set up that new VPS?
    Introducing Crissic's “VPS Refugee Life Raft Offer”. Provide us with a recent invoice from that misbehaving provider...

Good catch @Jack. It's Ironic, isn't it? :)

• @SkylarM Do you ever read your PM ?

• @MorningIris said:
    SkylarM Do you ever read your PM ?

I'm not showing any unread PMs at this time.

• Oh yea, signed up for one of these a week ago from your offer at that other forum. Not too bad.

• That's a nice offer Skylar! I already have one of these, though :-)

• have been with Crissic for nearly 2 months. So far it's been very stable. Just one problem, when I unzip a big compressed file, the system kills my unzip process. I have to run unzip a several times to get it done

cheers

• @kyaky said:
    have been with Crissic for nearly 2 months. So far it's been very stable. Just one problem, when I unzip a big compressed file, the system kills my unzip process. I have to run unzip a several times to get it done

cheers

Can you toss in a ticket? I can take a look into it.

• @kyaky said:
    have been with Crissic for nearly 2 months. So far it's been very stable. Just one problem, when I unzip a big compressed file, the system kills my unzip process. I have to run unzip a several times to get it done

how long does unzip take?

• @xiaosong said:
    if you have vps locate west coast of US, I will pay one~

at the moment, west coast like VPSs from LA have shit routing accessed from china because China telcom is playing a dirty trick. They manipulate the bgp routing so every time people try to visit LA node, the routing to Ireland will be selected first, then you go to west coast. Before from China to West Coast was like from 150ms - 190ms. Now due to the Chinese ISP ,China telcom's dirty tricks, going to LA takes at least 500ms.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited October 2013

@kyaky said:

cheers

We've been running with vpsmon-io enabled to limit some disk related tasks, I've just turned it off and will be looking at proper solutions to the issue it's been having. Let me know if you still have issues. It's not quite doing what we want (service load gets too high it's supposed to limit specific disk tasks until load evens out again, but it's doing it all the time for some reason)

• @SkylarM said:
    We've been running with vpsmon-io enabled to limit some disk related tasks, I've just turned it off and will be looking at proper solutions to the issue it's been having. Let me know if you still have issues. It's not quite doing what we want (service load gets too high it's supposed to limit specific disk tasks until load evens out again, but it's doing it all the time for some reason)

It's ok. I understand, just had a few problem of unzip this afternoon. it's fine now. unlike others, you've been doing well to make sure every VPS's performance. I'm happy with the performance and the uptime. I will send you a private msg for some other questions. Cheers

• you limit everthing :) even when sending only few email. Let's say all of your limitation in your post :D
    I hate to know something limited after I setup and run testing on the box and not listed anywhere in your site

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited October 2013

@tommy said:
    you limit everthing :) even when sending only few email. Let's say all of your limitation in your post :D
    I hate to know something limited after I setup and run testing on the box and not listed anywhere in your site

Emails are limited to something we believe to be a good spot for a normal user. Heavy users for legitimate reasons can submit a ticket to have this limit upped per container. It's simply setup this way to prevent email spam abuse. Currently set to 150 in a 30 minute period. Again can easily be adjusted per client.

Our Transparency policy goes over our email limitations. https://crissic.net/transparency

• @SkylarM said:

So you'll match my swiftway invoice and VPS specs? :-D

• Are VPN or torrents for personal allowed?

• @woochun said:
    Are VPN or torrents for personal allowed?

VPN is fine, torrenting is not.

• @johhhn said:
    So you'll match my swiftway invoice and VPS specs? :-D

Toss in a ticket I'll see what I can do.

• not very easy to match backupsy and swiftway... - -||

• Just grabbed the 512MB yearly one :)

• @SkylarM said:
    Did your provider recently drop locations

This is misleading !! as ur not giving service in those locations...

moreover u have only 1 location..

That said... ur plans are very nice.. :)

when r u opening another location??

• 28 days uptime on mine. Skylar is always keeping us informed of any updates, upgrades, or issues.

• @Pats said:
    when r u opening another location??

I would say within the next 6 months or so. We're still growing rapidly in JAX so no need to spread ourselves too thinly.

@bashed said:
    28 days uptime on mine. Skylar is always keeping us informed of any updates, upgrades, or issues.

Glad to hear!

• Just signed up.. Initial impression is very good. :)

• Any bench?

• Did anyone bought this vps can open Hulu.com?

• @ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Did anyone bought this vps can open Hulu.com?

Drop a ticket to me please. Our 162.218.8.0/22 doesn't appear to work with Hulu but our other two ranges are working fine.

• @SkylarM: why such horrible ping to and fro Miami (CoreSite)? I was expecting 10-12ms, instead I get:

PING 162.218.208.13 (162.218.208.13) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 162.218.208.13: icmp_req=1 ttl=51 time=54.0 ms
    64 bytes from 162.218.208.13: icmp_req=2 ttl=51 time=53.6 ms
    64 bytes from 162.218.208.13: icmp_req=3 ttl=51 time=53.6 ms
    64 bytes from 162.218.208.13: icmp_req=4 ttl=51 time=53.8 ms

This is from my VM in Miami (64.188.46.45) with great latency all over, e.g. Atlanta - 14.9ms!

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited October 2013

@andrzej said:
    SkylarM: why such horrible ping to and fro Miami (CoreSite)? I was expecting 10-12ms, instead I get:

PING 162.218.208.13 (162.218.208.13) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 162.218.208.13: icmp_req=1 ttl=51 time=54.0 ms
    64 bytes from 162.218.208.13: icmp_req=2 ttl=51 time=53.6 ms
    64 bytes from 162.218.208.13: icmp_req=3 ttl=51 time=53.6 ms
    64 bytes from 162.218.208.13: icmp_req=4 ttl=51 time=53.8 ms

This is from my VM in Miami (64.188.46.45) with great latency all over, e.g. Atlanta - 14.9ms!

For whatever reason it's hitting Altanta (as expected) and then up to Ashburn and in via Cogent, which I assume your provider uses. Likely a combination of things. 1) we backhaul most of our transit to Atlanta and 2) your provider picks it up in Ashburn via Cogent.